Anyone using ear protection out there?

Sk1nZ

Ableton Addict
After years of shooting and dj'ing im now experiencing my left ear is very sensitive to noises, especially high frequencys and its getting annoying when producing.. Im producing at a low a volume as possible and checking the mix with it a little louder but at 26 i dont want to be deaf in one ear anytime soon!

Ive been looking at these earplugs and have been recomended them by the guys who run the place but im looking for another opinion so am i going to be able to hear everything i need to? im thinking of using just one in my left ear hoping that it will help. Their available in different db ratings too

Anyone else use ear protection? I have no idea if it will block out too much sound to produce even though they say they can be used for music

ProGuard Noizezz Universal Earplugs SNR 24 (green) | Allearplugs.com

Thanks

Last edited:
I would at least be using something like those, although I recommend these for serious work Howard Leight - Airsoft corded Reusable EarPlug | Allearplugs.com - their industrial strength which means higher rating than musicians plugs

began using ear plugs from age 16 to avoid the issues you highlight, had a pair that then (1979) cost $100 still have them floating about somewhere in a box. Only thing you need to do is wash them in warm soapy water every day after use and dry thoroughly

I would at least be using something like those, although I recommend these for serious work Howard Leight - Airsoft corded Reusable EarPlug | Allearplugs.com - their industrial strength which means higher rating than musicians plugs

began using ear plugs from age 16 to avoid the issues you highlight, had a pair that then (1979) cost $100 still have them floating about somewhere in a box. Only thing you need to do is wash them in warm soapy water every day after use and dry thoroughly

Yeah i wont be exposed to very loud noises yet, i just need some for producing and ive gone with these... 3 filters included and read nothing but good reviews online

Alpine Musicsafe Pro Ear Plugs | Allearplugs.com

do you still find you can produce music with them in? like said i dont produce at loud volumes but even still it affects my one ear which is really annoying

Don't use them for production work - better ways to control exposure than ear plugs - did use them extensively when rehearsing and performing live

Back