Anyone know of any decent, malware free, freeware that can burn xvid to DVD???

World Wide

I am looking for some free software capable of burning xvid (.avi) to play in a standard DVD player without installing extra toolbars and bullshit.

Anyone know of any?

---------- Post added 11-21-2011 at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was 11-18-2011 at 09:59 PM ----------

No one??? sad face.

^^^ appreciate it.

That DVDStyler looked like it was gonna work, but for some reason when I click Burn it only gives me the option to create an .iso - the burn to DVD option is greyed out. Yes, I have a DVD writer with a blank DVD in it. Any ideas?

Need to create the .iso first then it can burn it for you

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

Further to the above.

Think about it like this: unless you are directly recording from a video stream to disc in real-time there is no way that you can create a dvd on the fly - you at least need to encode so that it is able to be written to a dvd in the quickest amount of time possible.

Also, once you have the iso, you can view it back via virtual dvd drive like Disc-Tools.com and make certain you have the flow you expect before committing to disc. A further benefit, you can then make copies at your leisure without having to do a disc-to-disc copy process.

You might also want to get hold of DVDShrink3.2 to help in grabbing video files and composing new dvd titles (search for it)

how old is your dvd player?
most of them play .avi files nowadays but:

afterdawn.com
in the software section get VSO divx2dvd and then use good ole DVD Shrink to create an .iso and burn with imageburn

Back