who plays in a band ???

We started as strictly metal and hardcore, but we've moved on to modern rock, rap & hip-hop, and prog rock.

bob budianski

me and a friend started playing shows at the local punk house.we would just go nuts him on guitar me playing **** off a computor ,a turntable,keyboards and ****..we would just walk in and play crazy ****.....for our first show i was appeared to be hanging from the cieling with a pillow case over my head accompanied by "grandmas face"(a friend in a dress)...to my chest was celophaned a huge chunk of raw pork...when the show was forced to come to a halt due in part on the horrible noise and part on the audience leaving ,i cut the chunk out of my chest spastically ripping it up and throwing it everywhere...my friend to this day claims he got worms from it...we have not done anything in a long time....but will hopefully soon

damn plurb i wish i wuz at that show.....
Ive been in bands since I was 14 wich was like 2 weeks after I started to play the guitar then had our first show like a month later at a battle of the bands in MA. We got second place wich wuz cool cuz we wuz the youngest cats there and I just started playing the guitar. Ive got a about 10 songs im gonna drop in the studio and sing, play keyboard, guitar, bass and drums myself then ill find some cats to play live with and start booking gigs. my style is pretty much industrial/hip hop. I just dont got band mates now cuz i like shyt to sound how it sounds in my head.

yeah it was a cool show...i dont do the band thing much .to many issues..since then weve played a few times.but the local place got shut down......i like to make techno..so i do this primarily. in my tiny but efficient studio bedroom consisting of wonderful devices.

explain how....
btw just cuz im being childish in this thread dont mean shyt bout my musical integrity.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Because the two of you sound like a pair of 14 year olds who just discovered Blink-182, Iggy Pop, Rammstein, and Nine Inch Nails yesterday.

blink 182= garbage
ramstein= original
Nine inch nails= original
iggy pop= who the f@ck is iggy pop?
first off.....
second im 20 and ive been making music seriously since i wuz 14 when i realized I could do things with music none of my peers at the time could concieve of....and I dont bang on fruity loops all day for two weeks on my parents computer.... I invest my every last penny and ounce of time on making music and spend hours a night practicing scales and theory on a variety of instruments......just cuz I dont got the connections you have dont mean shyt about who I am.......i put in my work and slowly but sureley it pays off.....even if we were some 14 year olds that just discovered blink 182 the fact that we even show interest in doing something creative as making music as opposed to becoming TV zombies is respectable enuff not to get put down by anybody....expecially someone who as in to music as much as you are....

If you seriously do not know who Iggy Pop is, you have confirmed everything that is wrong with the new generation of musicians and I will not continue this discussion. If you are doubting that I have connections and that I haven't worked hard to get them, then just don't even worry about it.

no Im f#cking with you i know who iggy pop is and i know you got connections cause when someone talking shyt to me I find out who they are before i respond and make myself look like an ***. And it is offense to me that someone in your position can have such narrow minded opinions upon your fellow musicians.... and if It wasnt for the fact I indulge my mind with every aspect of music then i proly wouldnt know who iggy pop is and still even though I do I dont care. I appreciate his music and respect him for being creative just as I appreciate tori amos or bach or the grateful dead or garth brooks or elvis presley. There is nothing wrong with this generation and if you remember your generation, wich im assuming is 70's or 80's, then you would remember people said the same thing to you.....music evolves and will evolve and the shame about it is 10 years from now when music is completely different people will bring up the same logic you have......

Simmer down now....

My generation? I'm 24. People closer to my age won't know what our generation stands for til at least 2027 when we're to old to care.

One thing that doesn't change (or hasn't until recently) is remembering bands that came before them. (for the sake of argument, Avril Lavigne claims to have no clue who the Sex Pistols or David Bowie are, yet her music wouldn't sound like it does with out them and she doesn't seem to give a f*ck)

I'm glad you appreciate everything from Mozart to Metallica. The world needs more musicians and open minded people in general.

:cheers:

avril lavigne really says that? well considering she dont even write her own songs its very believable and angers me when some of the chicks I know put in her CD well we drinking.. but thats a whole nother thread.......

i am 18...and nine inch nails sux!!!!.....i also spend every extra cent on analog devices and such to suit my acid tecno lust...not to bad for a 14 year old 18 year old who just discovered nine inch nails..i only played in band for fun.....and fun it was regardless of how old i seemed to be.....

man your crazy NIN brought industrial to a mainstream level and paved the way for NIN clones (marilyn manson....)
trent reznor played paino since he was a little kid and has always been involved in music and after years of different styles he finally found a style people understood that made him blow up. whatever you dont gotta like NIN but atleast show respect where its due.....

Anything Trent Reznor does that I've heard has been amazing.

Except the movie he was in with Michael J. Fox and Joan Jett.

what movie was that... I remember someone tellin me bout that but never knew the name....

Back