who plays in a band ???

M

mound

Hi,
I do !
We are from Germany, and doin some kinda Retro-Fuzz-Rock !!
I work on guitars and do some vox.

check our pages:

sane

go there and sign the guestbook
(sorry, but page´s in german language)

Last edited by a moderator:
I got an industrial/acid/hard house band starting, I will program the fr-777 and the TR-707 drum machine, my friend will play guitar and we will record vocals through wavlab once we get all the equipment, we will try to play live in the future:D

I'm in two bands, one of them are signed and the other one's making an album right now. I'm what you'd call a 'shadow member' in the signed band. I've basically quit, but I still record and write songs with the other guys, I just don't tour. Music's kind of like a vocal version of Mogwai but more pop, I guess.
No MP3s available.

The other band doesn't tour anymore. We have a deal for one album on an independent label, which we will make, but after that I think we won't be as active. I'd like to get an all-instrumental surf/garage rock band going, but for the time being I'm just chilling. I've already got my hands full.
Listen to that isht right here

just statred

i been always wanted to be in band. before i was doing triphop track wi lots of acid and chemical sound. but now

i m in 3 men mutant band
guitar,bass(mafriend)
vocal(mafriend)
sampling, efx, drum beat, djing(me)

i have sp808ex, mpc2000, numark TT, yamaha keyboard
i also do editing mixing wi ma protools, acid, fruty
techno/metal band
i use sp808 wi one TT to perform mostly(i don wanna carry all that **** in ma car..)

i will update song when wi done

I play keyboards and sing backing in a band. There are four of us.
We are collectively known as Carnival Sam.

To describe the music we play is a little difficult.

Personally, I'd call it 'Sleazy Pop' but its basically an akai sampler, Boss drum machine, lead guitar, korg M1 (that's me!) and two vocalists and its kind of like a cross between Duran Duran and Pop Will Eat Itself with tongue in cheek lyrics.

We had a demo reviewed in the NME last week in which they described us as sounding like 'Black Lace fronted by Shaun Ryder'!

Interpret that how you wish :p

No MP3's as yet but our website is currently under development and the address (when it's running) is - www.carnivalsam.co.uk.

Right now I'm not in a band. I've just been writing songs on acoustic and recording on my PC.

I would really like to find some people to play with, but I'm kind of an intermediate player & I don't know if I have the skills or not.

Its also hard finding people that you'd want to hang around with, that are your age, and have the same influences as you.

I also don't want to go on auditions, I would like to build a band as a group instead of filling a vacant role.

I used to!

It was so great, I loved it... We were pretty well known in my area (Marseille / south of france), at least within the scene (melancholic metal type of stuff)

I loved it... It went down hill due to some argument between 2 other members, unfortunately. I left because it didnt have the same vibe (both sound and ambience)

I was the keyboards / electro noises guy.

I loved going to the rehearsal building and CRANK IT UP like crazy... hehe memories

If any of you know the band "3rd and the mortal", it was a bit similar.

yah.. i play in 2 bands (thinking of joining a third)

Fall Open
We are 4 dewds playing melancholic rock/goth music.. i play synthesizers + taking care of almost all technical stuff like effects, recording, sampling and so on. It's a 100% liveband. Everyone in the band is doin' their part with writing great new tunes constantly.. so we're starting to get a really nice bunch of tunes :cool:
We got a not so finished site at http://www.fallopen.tk

Synthesize me..
We are 2 dewds who have played mostly covers of the cure, placebo and nine inch nails tunes so far.. we both play all instruments (bass, guitar, synthesizers, sampling, misc perc, vocal). This is not a liveband. We sortof mix all kinds of genres.. mostly rock, ebm and similar, drum n' bass, punk, n' i dunno what else :)

I used to play in an industrial band. I wrote about 99% of the music. I left the band during the summer of last year, taking with me the 6 years of music. But, recently I returned with the band which has evolved to more of a rockish sound.
:angel:

I sing in a band called Day of Delusion...all chick hardcore punk. What more could you ask for?? >D

synthesize me too...

Hey Volantiz
Its cool to hear about your Synthesize me project, because that pretty much exactly what i've been thinking of starting lately - same influences and everything - only with my own songs. My only thing is that i want i want to be able to do it live, which i know i could, but it would really need to be an actual band with other members - the thought of one guy standing out front with a guitar and a PC might not be too entertaining... (although i have seen worse :D

I've been in some VERY short lived bands - nothing ever seems to work out because no one gets along. Besides, i was always the only one doing anything... blah.

Kosmonaut

hey kosmo!

Sounds nice.. hope you find some good bandmembers ;). I guess it's pretty hard to find people with the same influences.. but i've found a whole bunch.. so it's very possible indeed :cheers:

anyone who plays in a band can contact me. I work for label/management group/marketing group/publishing co.

shaq D said:
anyone who plays in a band can contact me. I work for label/management group/marketing group/publishing co.

Is the label genre specific or do get involved with anything and everything?

Back