Whats an Emo?

wow without reading this thread, i'ma say that with a quick search on the internet emo is a music style or something like that...sorta like alternative.

AFI isn't emo..

They might have.. changed their sound a bit since their earlier albums, but AFI is legit.

emo's are weird man
i dont understand why they're so depressed
at least they got a roof over their head, food on their table, clothes on the back, a warm bed to sleep in
other people would literally kill for that

YoungVito said:
emo's are weird man
at least they got a roof over their head, food on their table, clothes on the back, a warm bed to sleep in
If only helping depression was as simple as that lol.

Ak-Nolij said:
What in the F***??? You serious?

Indeed they wear air froce ones to with the skinny jeans kinda liek the ramones did. I got some freinds that are kinda emo i figured the new era hats were just a diss to hip hop

Last edited:
My perspective of an emo is a depressed wannabe punk. They cut their wrists and have their hair long and to the side. They wear skinny A$$ jeans or girl jeans. Personally I thinked they are f**ked up. Sure go a head and listen to tour punk music, I don't have a problem with that just don't be an idiot about it by cutting your wrists and $hit.

And the whole wearing the air force ones and new era fitted's, just drop it. They are trying to make it look like it's part of their get up.

punk and emo's dress totally different
they dnot all want kill them selfs i dont know an emo who does actully its to go with the music. id actully prbs say skinny jeans look better than insanly large hip hop trousers i see

Last edited:
DJ Curve said:
I think its short for "emotional". I've heard of emo-rap and emo-rock. Fall Out Boy is kind of like that, I think Panic! At The Disco, Jimmy Eat World...groups of that nature.

they are the reasons why i make beats now... rock music has become kinda gay where dudes look like chicks again... remember hair bands... **** like that never works out in the long run.

YoungVito said:
emo's are weird man

them little ****s are annoying like rich goth white kids...
emo is the same thing except now they are gay and spoiled..

Last edited:
nickp said:
Emo has it's roots in Sunny Day Real Estate, Superchunk, and various local Washington DC underground bands from the late 80s/early 90s. Raw, emotional lyrics, buildups, tons of stabbing guitars, and buildups and breakdowns.

And usually a whiny voice to accompany it.

Now it's just some raped scene. Back in the day, the guy with the buddy holly glasses, greased black hair, too-tight cardigan/pre-irony ironic shirt, and tight old-man pants was the emo kid. This movement also ****ed over anything good at thrift stores, as it's now cool to the masses of teens to shop there now.

Emo-rap usually refers to some form of underground rap with a lot of bitching, minimal violence, and not a lot of mental smoked-out out of this world dropping. Rapping about relationships, life in the city, friendships lost, drinking (in a non-club way), etc. Mundane normal life. A lot of epic orchestral and solo piano-based samples and pieces, and a dark feeling that's not evil-dark. Just dark.

You're in the f;in mecca of it.

Rhymesayers, namely Slug (of Atmosphere), and Eyedea and Abilities. Apparently Eydea's new emo-live band project blows. Weird.

Pretty much Atmosphere and Sage Francis are the most well-known of the emo-rap genre.

And it's not "an emo", something "is emo". Like, "emo-rap". "emo-*****". "Hey man that song is way emo."

Thanks to let me know all about this word in details.

look at Pete Wentz from Fall Out Boy he's mad emo looking at leats to me but gf is in love with him don't ask me why they look like gay guys act like gay guys dress like gay guys but there not gay and u no girls love gay guys so i guess it goes hand in hand

MayheMBeatSmith said:
I found this picture that pretty much sums up emo.

Yeah, that's too bad, that's all I gotta say about that

emo-lawn-cutting.gif

EmoCut.jpg

3e07a1727613.jpg

Emo_graphics_08.gif

10.jpg

ok, i guess that's enough.. lol

Back