What Is Next For Rock

whats next for rock complete and uder destruction everything today sames the same with a few excepttions the only good band left is CKY they are compeletly orignail rock will soon fade away i hate to say to many people like rap and alot of rock is becoming rap kids now are brought up on rap listeing to 50 cent and ja rule i hae talked to kids who have never heard of hendrix or led zeppiln of ac/dc that is sad what the .... is the world coming to what we need to do is infiltrate destroy and rebuild the mainstream of rock and roll force change now

its the same with Rock, Rap, and just about every other form of music. Everyone thinks that this form of music or that form of music has become bullshyt now. I just think that money is a BIG part of this problem. When money gets involved, creativity and innovation usually takes a back seat.

My solution is to simply ignore the shyt i don't like and enjoy that which i do like. I don't know about yall, but i know there is nothing i can do about the BS that is pushed these days, so i choose not to worry.

As for the future of rock, i can't say. But i do know that as long as we remain slaves to a dollar, then there will always be processed, meaningless, BS music made.

ONE80 said:
As for the future of rock, i can't say. But i do know that as long as we remain slaves to a dollar, then there will always be processed, meaningless, BS music made.

Thats a given. It'll always be that way. As far as rock you really cant tell. How did Poison turn into Nrivana? How did Nirvana turn into Ace of Base? You really dont know. But, you do know this: a new group/artist or, genre is inspired by an older, solid or even "traditional" style of music. The fun part is to fuse styls of music. Punk/Metal=Grunge, Rap/Rock=Rapcore. Creating a "new" style of music for people to obsess over. It goes all over. What'll be the next craze? Mabye "skunk" will make a comeback. I dont really know. This comment goes out to everyone making music: complete originality doesnt really exist, think about it. To come up with music thats never been done before? C'mon. Making it mainstream will earn you credit, though. Dont worry about this "everyones in it for the money" BS cop-out that kids seem to sleep, eat, breathe and drink. If you want to get "in the game" you got to do some major ass sucking along the line somewhere! How far YOU take it is up to you. Just 'cause you're making money doesnt make you a "sell-out", going on MTV doesnt make you one, either. Selling out is an attitude not "making it big". When you change your motive is "selling-out" not every MTV "robot" (what the underground teenies call it) who makes it big. I may not be respected in music, but I'm not blinded by the underground either. All-in-all the cliche needed to be put into prospective. I dont know whats next for rock, just beware it'll be nothing new or, mabye it'll be something transformed.

-Geoffrey

Something new sounding will come along though, every 4-6 years generally some new band comes out that makes everyone go wow! these guys are something special.

More band s are combining softer sounds with Harder rock these days.

The question is, what is going to be the future of Music?

Mackie said:
Something new sounding will come along though, every 4-6 years generally some new band comes out that makes everyone go wow! these guys are something special.

Actually, I dont think anyones done that since Nirvana (over 13 years ago.) What came out in the 90's after Nirvana that really made a difference? The Spice girls? The Macerina (whatever)? It doesnt happen as often as you'd like to think. Mabye every 10-15 years. I mean bands/people that matter. In the 90's it was Grunge then alternative after that ska, final stage was boy bands then, welcome to 2000. You might be thinking of phases society goes through like ska and boy bands, but think about it. Where did all that go? Into the "I remember...." phrase. Nu-metal will be gone in the next few coming years or, it'll evolve like everything else does. Talking about bands that come around and have staying power? Not every 4-6 years.

-Geoffrey

hmm good point.

all i can really think of after Nirvana is maybe KoRn,coz they influenced a lot of the modern mid 90's hard rock scene.

Rage against the machine are now Audioslave so that band came and went.

I think Slipknot might have taken the whole numetal thing to its death.but there new one is not bad.

and linkin Park only sold 14 million copies, so u couldnt consider them.

also consider the fact that "ska" and "boy bands" arent phases that rock fans go through.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mackie said:
hmm good point.

all i can really think of after Nirvana is maybe KoRn,coz they influenced a lot of the modern mid 90's hard rock scene.

Rage against the machine are now Audioslave so that band came and went.

I think Slipknot might have taken the whole numetal thing to its death.but there new one is not bad.

and linkin Park only sold 14 million copies, so u couldnt consider them.

also consider the fact that "ska" and "boy bands" arent phases that rock fans go through.

I understand what you're saying completely. You're absolutely right about boy bands. I was talking about the mainstream music scene. Ska however, I beg to differ. Ska is as much rock as anything else. It still classifies kinda like emo would. We're getting into sub-genres wich all fall under the umbrella of "rock". In fact many kinds of music do. Indie, punk, metal. Kinda like books have sub-genres. My statement still stands about Nirvana. We do need something to blow up music again. Pull us out of this rut that the music indrusty is in. It doesnt have to be a brand new invention (no pun intended), just mabye a scene that didnt get exploited yet. There are plenty to go around. And the youth is hungry for it, I know. It's just, no one has the balls to get out there and make a difference. It is a scam half the time, but you dont have to be cought in the rut. I wish bands like Good Charlotte would quit saying "I'll never work a 9 to 5 job" because the only other alternative is to make damn sure your record keep flying off the shelves. Its really a catch 22, but I hope up and coming bands arnt afraid of failure.

-Geoffrey

you make some good points about Nirvana, i agree that its rare that we see a band explode like they did, and to be honest i think it will be a long time until that happens again.

kenworth said:
the white stripes, their new songs sound awesome live cause he is a really good guitar player.

steady on! he aint that good, he sounds better than he is because there is no bass player, he can play anything and itll sound in tune, because theres no other tuned instruments on the stage to relate it to.

i saw them live in december, I was a little bored after half an hour

THE FUTURE =1= said:

steady on! he aint that good, he sounds better than he is because there is no bass player, he can play anything and itll sound in tune, because theres no other tuned instruments on the stage to relate it to.

thats not true,the only thing you would be able to tell better if there were other instruments is how they are tuned relative to each other.even on his own you would definately be able to tell if he went out of ey etc.

i disagree (sorry), you can change scales at will and it still sounds cool and not outta tune etc. but nevermind.

I see the DARKNESS live and they were absolutely terrible, so saying that they might lead a hair rock revival is utter crap, because they couldnt lead anything(apart from their own PR thats been used to fool us that theyre worth seeing)

if he changed key you would be able to tell.if you change to the wrong key it willl sound crap.

Radiohead is one of the most promising bands i've heard. I can't really find anything like them in earlier rock music. I think that is the direction rock is going in. The only thing is, radiohead is been around for a long time and can't really be identified with a scene. The next generation of rock acts will significantly recognize Radiohead as a big influence however.

ashlee12.jpg

is what's next for rock.

kenworth said:
if he changed key you would be able to tell.if you change to the wrong key it willl sound crap.

Unless you're going for a dissonant effect, which happens once in a while everywhere. C to F#? Why not, La Villa Strangiato by Rush doesn't sound out of place where it does it. Master of Puppets by Metallica abuses every b5 and b2 interval in the book. Sounds fine to me. Bitonal progressions? Karn Evil 9 pulls it off.

Personally, I kind of like the white stripes, but it's more due to the attitude than true musical genius on their part. For some people, that still counts for something.

And j-traxx, who is she? And why does she look like Britney Spears' evil twin?

geedubbee said:

Unless you're going for a dissonant effect, which happens once in a while everywhere. C to F#? Why not, La Villa Strangiato by Rush doesn't sound out of place where it does it. Master of Puppets by Metallica abuses every b5 and b2 interval in the book. Sounds fine to me. Bitonal progressions? Karn Evil 9 pulls it off.

my point was you cant just play random notes and have it sound good.

Back