Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: What does a rock producers do?

Poohboy185 is offline Registered User
    Sign in to disable this ad
    music is just music. its all made in many different ways.

niteshift is offline Registered User
    ^^^^ Yep, a producer is a producer.

Check out "Mutt" Lange, probably one of the most famous and versatile producers ever.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Lange

cheers, niteshift

habi is offline Registered User
    i love lange! would love to be produced by him one day! Now to just earn the money to pay his fees!

Ams
    Ams is offline Universal Soldier
    i think producers are hierd by the lable to produce them an album by a certain date, for a price or royalties of the track, its there job to book studio, hire enginers, session players, organize dates and so on.

diffrent producers have diffrent approchs, so some are ex-musiancs who help with creation of music and/or mixing, while others jus stand back an motaviate people.
    [URL]http://soundcloud.com/deeperbeats/big-big[/URL]

Jerseyelite89 is offline Registered User
    some of the best producers do multiple genre's, let the artist remain into there own styling and add or touch up when needed...listen 2 Rick Rubin's production on early def jam and his System of A Down recording...listen 2 Dangermouses Gnarls Barkley, then Beck and The Black Keys albums from 2008...good things 2 listen 2 styles from producers from multiple genres..and a producer and an engineer are 2 diffferent things and are in every genre/studio
    http://www.myspace.com/montagthebeatburner

http://www.dopetracks.com/beat/97740

when nothing is planned, it's misery and sorrow, today you my man, and my enemy tomorrow... the greatest lesson ever learned, is burnt through my skin, every man is god's child, so god's son will begin, the sermon's concerning, life, love, misery, death, death's the freedom, life's the test, god bless - nas

alks is offline Registered User
    Produce is an art.
    Gears : MPC 2000xl, Korg Triton Extreme, Yamaha Motif Rack Es, Ensoniq ASRX, Apogee Convertissor, Dynaudio BM15A, Yamaha Ns10, Trident Serie 80

jahmi is offline Hello...
    Yeah i heard when Red Hot Chili Peppers are recording an album, Rick Rubin sits on a couch surrounded by pillows and cushions and just listens to everything, with the occasional "turn that up" or "cut that bit out". Not too bad a job considering how much he gets paid...

harrybrook is offline Registered User
    helps them write and arrage songs, can boss the band around if that's what they want

Mr. Kim is offline Registered User
    yo google.com best way to find something out

TaliD is offline Singer, Songwriter
    I've just started to try to produce some of my own material with a rock sound and it's really just trial and error.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information