top rock songs of the last 10 years

D

DjMowgli

what are your top rock/punk/ska/metal/alternative whatever you want to say that is rock in general of the last 10 years. lets try and stay at the most of 7 songs. for me heres the ones ive come up with (not in order) :

Faith - Limp Bizkit
My Own Summer - Deftones
Say it aint so - Weezer
All Apologies - Nirvana
What I Got - Sublime
Basket Case - Green Day
Just a Phase - Incubus

I do not see anything by Tool or A Perfect Circle... burn this list immediately! :bat:

DjMowgli said:
what are your top rock/punk/ska/metal/alternative whatever you want to say that is rock in general of the last 10 years. lets try and stay at the most of 7 songs. for me heres the ones ive come up with (not in order) :

Faith - Limp Bizkit
My Own Summer - Deftones
Say it aint so - Weezer
All Apologies - Nirvana
What I Got - Sublime
Basket Case - Green Day
Just a Phase - Incubus

So is this your opinion? Or did you just randomly look at some CDs in your collection and pick a song? Obviously this wasn't based on radio play, album sales or (for the most part) bands who changed music in any great manner.

So is this your opinion? Or did you just randomly look at some CDs in your collection and pick a song? Obviously this wasn't based on radio play, album sales or (for the most part) bands who changed music in any great manner.

actually its a combonation of those things. these happen to be some of my favorite songs. also they have been placed on a list of most played and requested songs as well as overall just good songs by 107.7 the end a radio station here in Seattle that has got nation wide acceptance as one of the best. also as far as what you said about these bands having not changed music in any great manner are you kidding me? are you saying nirvana didnt change music, you must be joking. in a time when almost eveything else was pure pop these guys came out did something incredibly different and succeeded. and green day was one of the first bands to bring punk to the mainstream and to a whole new generation of kids. as far as sublime goes they put ska back on the map and even tweaked that to come out with there own original sound. as for the others they might not have changed music all that much but they definetly took it to a whole other level.

It seems, Chameleon, we are both fans of the great and everpowerful Maynard James Keenan :D :cheers:

Well let me add my thoughts on my top 15

1) 3 Libras -A Perfect Circle
2) Stinkfist -Tool
3) Pardon Me -Incubus
4) Orestes -A Perfect Circle
5) Parabol/Parabola -Tool
6) Outside -Staind
7) Sober -Tool
8) Eulogy -Tool
9) Prison Sex -Tool
10) Coma White -Marlin Manson
11) Weak and Powerless -A Perfect Circle
12) Halo -A Perfect Circle
13) Swamp Song -Tool (This used to make my ex really horny and start stripping.)
14) No Quarter -Tool
15) Aenima -Tool

As you guys probably have guessed I'm a huge Tool fan, and these are in no particular order of favorites.

DjMowgli said:

actually its a combonation of those things. these happen to be some of my favorite songs. also they have been placed on a list of most played and requested songs as well as overall just good songs by 107.7 the end a radio station here in Seattle that has got nation wide acceptance as one of the best. also as far as what you said about these bands having not changed music in any great manner are you kidding me? are you saying nirvana didnt change music, you must be joking. in a time when almost eveything else was pure pop these guys came out did something incredibly different and succeeded. and green day was one of the first bands to bring punk to the mainstream and to a whole new generation of kids. as far as sublime goes they put ska back on the map and even tweaked that to come out with there own original sound. as for the others they might not have changed music all that much but they definetly took it to a whole other level.

Thanks for reading my post accurately and without haste.

These are some of my favourites over the past 10 years.
Could'nt think of anymore right now.

Smashing Pumpkins - 1979
Blurry - Puddle of Mudd
In The End - Linkin Park
Here is Gone - Goo Goo Dolls
Lemmon - U2
Champagne Super Nova - Oasis
Lightening Crashes - Live
Runaway Train - Soul Asylum
Until It Sleeps - Metallica
You oughta know - Alanis Morrisette
December - Collective Soul
Interstate Love Song - Stone Temple Pilots

All Apologies - Nirvana,Basket Case - Green Day

are the only "top rock songs of the past 10 years", most of those others are the tops of the past 3...........if you're going to put a weezer song you should've picked "buddy holly". I've never heard of "say it aint so", then again I dont listen to weezer.

I've never heard of "say it aint so", then again I dont listen to weezer.

go listen to it. dont diss stuff uve never heard by saying other things are better. also none of those songe were released during the last 3 years. get your facts before you go running ur trap.

if you're going to put a weezer song you should've picked "buddy holly". I've never heard of "say it aint so

no way, say it aint so is a way better song than buddy holly. listen to it, and btw its about drinking :cheers:

1.Cosmonaut - At the Drive In
2.Idioteque - Radiohead
3.Exit Music (For a Film) - Radiohead
4.Say it aint so - Weezer
5.Tired of Sex - Weezer
6.Santaria - Sublime
7.Doing the Cockroach - Modest Mouse
8.Trailer Trash - Modest Mouse
Actually just about anything by Modest Mouse :D
9.Under the Bridge - Red Hot Chili Peppers
10.Everlong - Foo Fighters
11.Basket Case - Green Day
12.Sober - Tool
13.Chop Suey - System of a Down
14.Forest - System of a Down
15Hard to Explain - The Strokes

There's my top 15 in no particular order. A lot of variety, but all good songs. i know under the bridge is like 12 years old now, but i couldn't leave it out :)
if you havn't heard any of these songs, i would highly recommend listening to them.

those were actually good.

The reason I put "buddy holly" was because it was a more-known song than "say it aint so". The list you made was actually pretty good, excluding the system of a down, tool and rhcp, but pretty good. 1=2 we hope that you choke.

my top 10 ALBUMS(sorry too hard to chose songs) in no order

loveless-my bloody valentine
gilder-my bloody valentine
the death fo cool-kitchens of distinction
white album unplugged-the beatles
fantasma-cornelius
ok computer-radiohead
sf59 "silver"-starflyer 59
meddle-pink floyd (the wall sucks!)
magical mystery tour-beatles
strange free world-kitchens of distinction

those songs

most MOST were released between 1996 and 2000. I dont have to like weezer or listen to them. I only own the "blue" album (it sucks) and I did own the "green" album and gave it away because it sucked. I've heard the new album........it sucks. I just dont like weezer. If "say it aint so" is on one of those albums I didnt like it and didnt pay attention to the name. sorry........

say it aint so is great but i dont think it makes the top 10...ill give it a stab.

fugazi- smallpox champion
nirvana- smells like teen spirit
soundgarden- black holed sun
live- lightning crashes
oasis- champagne supernova
greenday- longview
greeday- basketcase
beck- where its at
deftones- minerva
tool- aenema
alice in chains- rooster
rage against the machine- testify
janes addiction- its not a habit its cool
marilyn manson- the beautiful people
queens of the stone age- no one knows
the verve- bittersweet symphony

ok maybe i got a little carried away...
:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
your list

That list sounds like the most radio played songs of the last ten years, but I'll have to admit some of those were not radio hits. I'd say "pink magot" is a better deftones song, or "mx". Those are great songs! Why does everyone on this board listen to metal? I understand this is a "metal" board, but does anyone like alt? Like indie music?

Theres alot of alternative in my list. And they were all played alot on the radio except fuagzi. I had to take into consideration sociological impact of course. I think those songs share the common rare traits of being popular on a wide scale and being musically fresh at the same time.:victory:

Here's my list:

1) Pet - A Perfect Circle
2) The Noose - A Perfect Circle
3) 46 & 2 - Tool
4) 3 Libras - A Perfect Circle
5) Orestes - A Perfect Circle
6) No Quarter - Tool
7) Merkaba - Tool
8) Stinkfist - Tool
9) 3rd Eye - Tool
10) Later Alus - Tool
11) Parabol/Parabola - Tool
12) Jerk Off - Tool
13) Opiate - Tool
14) The Hollow - A Perfect Circle
15) Pu**** - Tool <-- the starred out portion is the "s-word"

Honestly it was hard to decide what order to place these in because I love them so much... and toward the end I had trouble deciding upon which ones should make the cut.

Back