the top 50 Rock geniuses of all time...

The Bee Gees and ABBA (benny and bjorn) were probably the worlds most talented song CRAFTERS at one point. wake up man! cant u like them for their talent, even though we all know that they aint cool. but who cares about "being cool" when they're that good!

Nelly - he is a dick!

McCartney is a podgey faced, fat dick!

we agree on a couple of things.,
one of the reasons that i hate ABBA and the beegees so much is taht a while ago every one got into them in an "ironic" way which is just dumb.,i dont liketheir music but i accept that they were good pop writers but i just hate the music.,cool or notl.,

I don't know about ABBA, but the BeeGees have produced/co-written a lot of pop songs in the 80s and 90s.

the bee gees have been going sinse 1969 and have had top ten hits in every decade. not just the 80 and 90's

THE FUTURE =1= said:
the bee gees have been going sinse 1969 and have had top ten hits in every decade. not just the 80 and 90's

Sorry I wasn't clear enough. After the disco backlash in the late 70s and early 80s, that's when the BeeGee's began producing other artists.

Its great that a few artists can write and produce the hits for themselves, but even better if they can do it for others.

cliff richard has had a #1 hit in every decade since the 50's what does this tell you about the quality of hit sing;les?and if you say cliff richard is good i will lose faith in humanity

and your point being?

apparently, enough people think his singles are quality enough to put him in the #1 spot every now and then.

mattu said:
and your point being?

apparently, enough people think his singles are quality enough to put him in the #1 spot every now and then.

exactly. Obviously the list was not thought through and is not for us, the fans/intellectuals we are, it was for people who can't get enough of pop culture lists and watch lots of VH1.

i was just saying that cause future said that bee gees had hits in all these decades as if it proves they were good.,i was mjust saying this might not be the case.,you get me?

I'm in pain, how can you possibly justify leaving Billy Corgan out of the list, or Joe Strummer, or Paul Weller

because while billy corgan is very good i wouldnt call it genius.,andjoe strummer was also very good and an inovator but not a genius and paul weller is just average.,

I agree; Corgan isn't technically a genius, he's more of a God

my favourite description of billy corgan is " a baldy twat in a dress" by his ex-manager.,cause while he makes great music he is a complete anus.,

Ah yes Bill and Shaz didn't depart on the best of terms, but that doesn't detract from the amazing music he wrote and still writes. Besides Billy's all happy now despite the dodgy facial hair.

well im glad he has stopped being such a penis.,and yes they did make amazing music.,but i wouldnt say he's a genius.

good idea.,

but my opinion is right.,

just incase.....that was a joke.,

i have a friend that thinks billy is a god, personally i think hes a whiney biatch.

Back