Tool - Subliminal messages?

Skinheadbiker

I listen to tool all the time. i was wondering if there are any subliminal messages placed in the songs by the band? if so, what are they?

the reason i decided to ask this question is that last night i had one of the worst nightmares ever. i was singing "46 & 2" over and over again in the dream, and then i heard this demonic voice say a word a can't remember. and i woke up and thought my heart was gonna explode it was beating to so hard and fast. pretty weird.

thanks.

all metal records have satanic messages if you play them backwards. support the christian coalition!

not.

I think the subliminal stuff must be in britney and christina's records, it's the only thing that can explain why they sell so many records, "satanic pop" is what I call it.....

drc24 said:
tool deliberately messes with their music to get their fans riled up. It's a game they play.

Such as the infamous "Joys of Lachramology" book that they claim exists. Funny how when you search for this book, all you find are Tool links. I think it was a big hoax on their fans to demonstrate how easily lead people are.

(liveD eht pihsroW liveD eht pihsroWliveD eht pihsroWliveD eht pihsroWliveD eht pihsroWliveD eht pihsroWliveD eht pihsroWliveD eht pihsroWliveD eht pihsroWliveD eht pihsroWliveD eht pihsroW)

:bat:

some song lyrics by tool to examine....

look at stinkfist's lyrics - the message is dark, almost taboo

look at eulogy's lyrics - the christian revival won't get far

die eier von satan - name gives it away a little

aenema - a sudden urge for armageddon?

tick n leeches - perverse? no, brilliant

lateralus - epic

reflection - wonderful end, the emotion maynard feels before he pines away........

tool are lyrical brilliant.
tool are muscially brilliant.
tool deserve the respect they command.

Its a god damn succubes! And then i said Damnit lockness monsta what do want now. And he said, about tree fitty.

Hey skinheadbiker, are you afriad to go to sleep now? Pretty scary stuff. :D

Tool just makes great music. But just like 98% of "satanic metal" (i.e. Godsmack, Unloco, In Flames) they do it just to sell records to angry teenagers.

I wish there were more bands like Mudvayne and Tool who make their own rules.

Re: some song lyrics by tool to examine....

schismatic said:

die eier von satan - name gives it away a little

The name may say it, but the actual lyrics of the song is nothing more than a recipe for Mexican Fiesta Cake.

I think it's cool because it shows that anything can sound evil when delivered in a husky, angry, german voice... :p

tool intentionaly makes you believe there are subliminal messages in the songs just to **** wit ur head

oh yeah, in no quarter, very faintly in one part, he sez "you will see jesus. you will see jesus. you will see. you will see jesus christ"

Its all good either way. I was happy pretending he was mumbling.

This kind of reminds me when people were trying to decipher the gibberish that Jonathan Davis from KoRn would say on songs like Twist, Clown, etc.

Tool is my favorite band (maybe) of all time.
I just seen them in Chi-town a few months ago. If anyone else seen them on the same tour they will remember the "Think for your self. Question Authority." motif , which I thought summed up the band in few words.

shaq D said:
This kind of reminds me when people were trying to decipher the gibberish that Jonathan Davis from KoRn would say on songs like Twist, Clown, etc.

Uh . . . people actually thought he was forming words , no less , sentences with that stuff ? ? ? :confused:

Oh yeah, I remember back in late '94, early '95 people on discussion boards would fight back and forth all the time about what he was saying.

Back