TOOL, INCUBUS, SLIPKNOT, STEREOMUD, STATIC X, or NICKELBACK FANS...THIS IS THE PLACE

I'm not, maybe Shaq will...:D

Honestly, I haven't heard Digger so I really can't comment on that, but I do like some old punk and emo stuff.

I like old punk, but still searching for Digger.

mattu I only make fun of someone's music if I know about it. Take a more objective view to most of my posts and you'll see that I'm right most of the time.

if your not into the kind of pop-punk thing then you wont like them... so i doubt youll like them. you kind of have to aquire a taste for that whole nasal, havent gone through puberty(sp) yet sounding vocals(but thats alot of music's vocals) and like all punk rock, the slim to none muscianship. but really.... what kind of punk rock music do you like? i know you say old school and emo stuff, but what bands? when you say emo do you mean the soft stuff like american football(the kind that puts me to sleep), more hardcore emo like boxer, or extremo like emo summer?(im bringing up more rescent bands... sorry they are just ones that come to mind.) i dont know why im asking.... id just like to know.

Shaq, I know.

As for punk rock, I like the NY and DC stuff circa '87 = Gorilla Biscuits, Judge, etc. You know, the Sunday Matinee scene... Some newer good stuff is Lifetime, The Explosion and a few others.

As for emo, mostly whiny stuff like Sunny Day, Jimmy Eat World, Jejeune (sp?) and those kind of things. I like some older noiser stuff that used to be Amphetamine Reptile and those labels, Heroin is the only one I can think of right now. I used to love Drive Like Jehu, Shellac and things like that as well.

I even played guitar for an emo band that put out a "7 on Crank! Records in Santa Monica a few years back. We were pretty worthless, but I think the single did pretty well anyway, we did two tours of Europe on it.

OK, I don't like bands like Blink-182 or Eve 6. They will not be around in 2-3 years so it won't matter anyway.

I have been a Fugazi fan for years, and feel lucky that they traveled as far as they did so they could play for 20 people. Jimmy Eat World is OK. Gorilla Biscuits are cool. I like MxPx. I like Voodoo Glow Skulls. I remember seeing Green Day at somebodys house back in 92 and they were actually pretty good then.

I like metal more right now. Emo is OK. But I don't like the bands that are practically nsync with guitars (Blink, eve 6).

What was your bands name mattu?

Is that 7'" still in print? Cuz Crack! still sells a bunch of their old 7"s... id like to hear it.

The band was called Far Apart, and the "7 came out around '97 or so. I think it's still available for order on www.crankthis.com - they may even have an MP3 sample there. It's funny because I still get e-mails from Germany and places like that they wonder what happened with that band.

haha, man, that's so true. You have fanatics in some remote village in Germany who spend thousands of bucks to search the world just to find some coal miner in Novosibirsk just because he used to play bass in an early setting of [insert obscure punk band name here] and hound them for a copy of their first demo...

Yeah, same type of thing in the states, except its now the guy who played bass is either on tour with Crazy Town or working at a bar.

Slipknot rocks. The new album is awesome. Just felt like saying that.

Hey if Incubuskid is still reading, then go check out Snot they kick fanny. (you cant say*** here)
Also check out PRIMUS, and I don't know whether anyones said this but HED pe.
Also a band called Dillinger Escape Plan, if you like freejazz on crack.
I love all this metal music, but I've not had time to listen to any new stuff since like two years ago. That was like the time when Significant Other came out and all those little kiddies started taking over the venues. I suppose that's one good thing. I'm quite short, so when I used to go to see bands, I couldn't actually see them. Now theres no problem. I can see over their heads cos theyre all like 12 and got slipknot hoodies on and stick on tatoos and stuff.

Anyone here from London?
Have you heard of Hybrid UK ? Where are they? Who are they? They fking rock

Dillinger Escape Plan are pretty cool. There were a few NY bands from a couple years back that had that dark, brooding sound that I thought was kind of good. Never bought the records, but I heard things like Starkweather and that band with Rob Fish in it, The Judas Factor. Another cool band that kicks the a§§es of Slipknot and those guys are Neurosis - now everybody should dig that! And those guys from Texas, what were their name now again...? His Hero Is Gone?

Oh yeah I keep forgetting he's dead. Don't you think that track on it (I think the second or third) is spooky, the way it starts with a car and ends with a car crash?
(BTW He died in a car crash)

Back