rock is not dead

S

station

man rock isnt dead just alot of ppl dont have an open mind about it. my whole c.d collection is full of rock c.ds and as long as bands like finger eleven incubus deftones system of a down and primus r around rock will never die. Im a huge guitar player I love guitar and I have every bit of faith in the direction rock is taking. just have an open mind and realize that even if u dont like rock n e more there r alot of ppl out there that still do and its not dead trust me.

It's not that rock is dead. It's just taken and adverse turn for the worse. Rock used to be pretty positive, it was all about partying and having a good time, etc... now it's more about depression, aggression, and hatred. Have you seen any rock bands that have come about that have a positive message, besides Creed or 311??

actually ur wrong. most rock bands sound depressed because maybe they r singing about getting beaten when they were kids or sumthing. just because thats what its about doesnt mean its negative. it shows kids that there r better ways to let it out then going and killing themselves. if i didnt actually listen to the lyrics and realize this then i probably wouldnt be around right now. alot of bands, yes even korn, help out with this stuff. and thats pretty positive to me

is rock n' roll dead? of course not. Mainstream rock is killing rock n' roll though. there are a ton of excellent guitar driven bands still around you just sort of have to hunt for them. load up napster and check out Neutral Milk Hotel. A great band!

Glory_Boy said:
is rock n' roll dead? of course not. Mainstream rock is killing rock n' roll though. there are a ton of excellent guitar driven bands still around you just sort of have to hunt for them.

yeah, spot on... these days the radio plays the worst kind of lowest common denominator sh*te all day cos that's where the money is. Eminem is about the most 'ooh! different!' act on the airwaves, and that is shocking! You have to go looking...

BTW 'Death In Vegas' can come round my house for tea any time

Rock isn't dead, but its making a face like a gay man who just got screwed with his pants on!

Heavy Cola said:
rock is candy with words in
and fred durst is that annoying piece of crap at the back of your mouth, that you can't quite get to, thus spoiling the candy

Yeah 3 doors down and lifehouse are really starting to grate on my nerves. So is the new Michael Jackson in the form of 4 guys from So Cal.:D

Back