Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Is rock dead???

TheCritic is offline The music loving blogger.
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Mainstream rock is dead but who cares?

archie is offline Registered User
    the last time i visited pakistan trust you me those arab and whatever you wanna call em got some hell of rock trance thta can make Serj tankien go back to mcdonalds,clweaning those darn dishes

RossdaBoss is offline TC beatsmith
    Yes.

Rock is dead.

I used to like listening to a lot of rock music in the 90's (along with hip-hop and many other genres as well). But since 2000 up til now, with the invention of Myspace, the dramatic change away from music on MTV, and an over abundance of cheezy lookalike shit bands...Rock has died.

I think 4 white dudes with the same 4 instruments (guitar, bass, drums, vox) just got old and unimaginative and the new generation got sick of it.

But lately, there is some decent new stuff coming out. I think finally those experimental bands that combine rock, hip hop, electric, punk, dance and so on are finally starting to find their groove.
    likes this.

jaroslav.celujko is offline Registered User
    OMG, no it's not dead, you just have to search more for an underground bands

3rd class is offline Registered User
    I can't wait For The Next Guy that Impresses Me with His 2 handed Finger Tapping on Guitar ....When The Guitar solo and The Technology Finally Became Common..(remember Framptons Cool Talk Box?....)..There was Nothing MORE ..7 strings ?..8 strings ..12 Strings?..all These toys are cool For 1 song ..then what?...Rock ain't Dead..it Just ain't Selling GIZMO's and Les Pauls No More...It is The same today as yesterday...Follow the Money!!!...AND JUST BECAUSE SOMETHING or SOMEONE DON'T "Sell"...or Become a You tube Sensation..Or Have you Humming it On your way to Buy a Truck Built Like a Rock....Doesn't Mean It has Passed away...Everything is a Wave Form...Some you see Some you Don't...But They Live Forever....and Need No witness...\m/\m/

LightVeins is offline Registered User
    Rock isn't dead, it's just that the mainstream/horrible music dominated the popular music of this generation. Which truely sucks...there are still plenty of rock bands, you just have to look harder now!

The Real Freddy P is offline Registered User
    Was up everybody

chansamu is offline Registered User
    Rock may not be popular in top 40s, but I think it is still quite a significant aspect to the music industry.

IPM Music is offline Fremen
    Quote Originally Posted by jaroslav.celujko View Post
    OMG, no it's not dead, you just have to search more for an underground bands
    Yeah but that's like saying Disco is not dead, then. Yeah, you can still find Disco bands, but it's not like it was in 1978. Rock surely isn't dead, but it's very old, at this point. There was a time when you didn't have to "search" for Rock & Roll - it was just always there. Now, it's not. Everyone was looking to Muse for a while, but even they dropped a mostly-Electronic/Dubstep album.

I just saw Phish a couple weeks ago.. It was a welcome return to the organic sound/feel of what I remember Rock sounding/feeling like.

topidrama is offline Registered User
    as far as charts are concerned yes otherwise hell no!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information