Punk

Unfortunately, messages in today's music just get lost. Rage was the only recent band with something to say.

system of a down.jimmy eat world,travis,......lots of bands.,just not every song has an anti government message.,

yes, but we are talking about punk, i dont think any of those three bands would qualify as punk :D

yeah im kinda confused now........i dont really care all to much for punk anyway.

Archarsenal said:
yes, but we are talking about punk, i dont think any of those three bands would qualify as punk :D

actually, we haven't talked about punk in a few pages...

punk is annoyinng

black mountain said:
i listen to mostly early punk and nowave: the ramones, television, suicide, and 99 records type of stuff. also, being from chicago, i gotta love naked raygun.

suicide are crap. I just dont like them. It's like curve with some guys reverbed voice. my friend likes them,though. Does anyone like wire?

Wire...eh. There ok. But stuff like Television, Ramones, there not really punk as much as new york rock. Now, New york rock WAS the catalyst of punk, which started in britain, ,but the ramones and television i consider rock rite along with MC5, Iggy and the Stooges, New York Dolls, all that. Bowie, Warhol. Crazy ****. Punk is more DK, Misfits, Fugazi, Minor Threat, Distillers casualties you know the drill.
Dont get the two mixed up YO.

Jessy

Who cares about genres. Rock, emo , emo-core, fag-core, punk, pop-punk...whatever. Listen to what u like.

Exactly......it pisses me off everytime i hear someone discussing genres because all bands are different. shouldnt their band name say enough? or their message? why the hell would anyone want to be labeled in a genre exactly the same as another band? ive never really understood that because one day i can sit down with my guitar and write a metal song and the next i can write a song with a sound i like and if someone was to label it as grunge or punk or some **** it would piss me off. i just find the whole genre thing immature and people who call others posers (especially punks) LOOK AT YOU! spiking your hair or dressing a certain way, acting a certain way, people do these things for individuality, yet in reality its just trying to fit in! And **** everyone whose down on someone else's music, they obviously find a message in the music they can relate to and thats what makes a true artist, not what BS u can make, if theres no message i say its ****

mushroomheadrg7 said:
Exactly......it pisses me off everytime i hear someone discussing genres because all bands are different. shouldnt their band name say enough? or their message? why the hell would anyone want to be labeled in a genre exactly the same as another band? ive never really understood that because one day i can sit down with my guitar and write a metal song and the next i can write a song with a sound i like and if someone was to label it as grunge or punk or some **** it would piss me off. i just find the whole genre thing immature and people who call others posers (especially punks) LOOK AT YOU! spiking your hair or dressing a certain way, acting a certain way, people do these things for individuality, yet in reality its just trying to fit in! And **** everyone whose down on someone else's music, they obviously find a message in the music they can relate to and thats what makes a true artist, not what BS u can make, if theres no message i say its ****

"look everyone an individualist"

Back