Punk

Good charlotte is the kind of stuff that a little girls mom will go out and buy for her precious little darling

before i had heard of them, i liked the east coast anthem song on madden 2003. but other then that they are pretty bad. i just dont understand why they dress up like hardcore punks half the time and the other half like wannabe gangsters, but sing pop ****.

i listen to mostly early punk and nowave: the ramones, television, suicide, and 99 records type of stuff. also, being from chicago, i gotta love naked raygun.

mattu said:
GOOD political punk: Dead Kennedys, Propagandhi etc
GOOD pop-punk: Gameface, Jimmy Eat World etc
GOOD emo: Get Up Kids, Embrace, Samiam etc
GOOD hardcore: Gorilla Biscuits, No For An Answer etc etc
GOOD ska: Skatalites, Rulers, Paragons etc etc

on point. i would also add:
political: bornagainst
pop: screeching weasel
emo: jawbreaker
hardcore: badbrains
ska: the specials (nothing wrong w/ some two tone)

oh and by the punk's dead :D

Last edited by a moderator:
black mountain said:

on point. i would also add:
political: bornagainst
pop: screeching weasel
emo: jawbreaker
hardcore: badbrains
ska: the specials (nothing wrong w/ some two tone)

oh and by the punk's dead :D

I thought punk died in 1986. I dig the Specials. Ska is so underrated as party music.

I wouldn't call Sum 41 punk...lol...but Anti-Flag is great, as are Millencolin. I also like NoFX, MxPx, the Misfits, Distillers, Dead Kennedys, the Clash...and all that good stuff :)

love, nikki

atarisgrlx said:
I wouldn't call Sum 41 punk...lol...but Anti-Flag is great, as are Millencolin. I also like NoFX, MxPx, the Misfits, Distillers, Dead Kennedys, the Clash...and all that good stuff :)

love, nikki

glad you could join the conversation, a week late

Excuse me? My computer was down for awhile, and I wasn't aware of a time limit...

Excuse me? My computer was down for awhile, and I wasn't aware of a time limit...

hahaha.. i could jsut here some finger snaps and head wobbles after that excuse me.

Chopper said:

hahaha.. i could jsut here some finger snaps and head wobbles after that excuse me.

Yeah, I love the little girls with attitude.

shaq D said:

glad you could join the conversation, a week late

I said that, because if you read the posts previous to your most recent, you'd see that you're a bit redundant.

before i had heard of them, i liked the east coast anthem song on madden 2003. but other then that they are pretty bad. i just dont understand why they dress up like hardcore punks half the time and the other half like wannabe gangsters, but sing pop ****.

Yes that always confused me too. Like in their new video, the little "dance routine" that Joel does... what the hell is that? I'm sure the only reason all these little girls like them is because [hate to admit it] but they're pretty damn hot. Other than that, they got nothing going for them.

:monkey:

Who saw the movie Malibu's most wanted? Doesn't the boys from GC remind you of the main character? "I'm the shiz nit" hehehhehe... what's that dude's name anyway?

yours till monkeys rollerskate,
:monkey:

STRAIGHTEN U OUT!

GET THIS STRAIGHT GOOD CHARLOTTE IS NOT TRUE PUNK THEY LOOK MORE LIKE HOMIES ,BITCHIN HYPOCRITS SUM 41 IS PRETTY COOL BUT THEY SHOW THEIR TALENT IN AN AWFUL PUNKISH WAY MOST PUNK BANDS ARE ANNOYING AND SUCK ASS ITS ALL WAYS ABOUT DOWN WITH CORPORATIONS AND ANARCHY IN THE UK AND FUKIN I DONT LIKE THE GOVERNMENT AND IM A HARDCORE BAD ASS WITH SPIKES UP MY ASS! THE SAD PART ABOUT PUNK IS THAT THEIRS A GAY PUNK COMMUNITY AND BANDS LIKE DEAD KENNEDYS, THE CASUALTIES HAVE TO BE THE WORST BAND IVE EVER HERD THEIR JUST A BUNCH OF HOBOS FROM N.Y.C. WHO SING ABOUT HOW COOL PUNKS ARE AND TAKING 40 OUNCES CASUALLY , THE REASON THEIR FUKIN POOR IS THEY WASTE IT ALL ON BARS HYDROCONE OR W.E THE FUK THEY CAN GET IF I COULD I WOULD BUST INTO A CASUALTIES SHOW AND JACK OFF THE LIBERTY SPIKES THAN RIP EMM OF AND STIK UP THEIR ASSES! AND THIS ANTI FLAG **** U GOTTA DIE DIE FOR UR COUNTRY NONSENSE? GOD DAMN RIGHT U BETTER FUKIN DIE FOR UR COUNTRY UR LUCKY WERE NOT RESURECTING HITLER AND SENDING ALL PUNKS TO FUKIN DEATH CAMPS SO QUIT BITCHIN ABOUT EVERYTHING AND THE ONLY PUNK BAND I CAN SAY IS GOOD IS THE MISFITS!. THEYLL LIVE BUT THE REST OF THE PUNKS CAN SUCK A LEFT NUT NU METAL BLOWS ASS TOO BANDS WITH TALENT LIEK MISFITS OPETH ARCH ENEMY IRON MAIDEN WILL RULE ALONG WITH ESTEBAN!

you truly dont have a clue about anything.,and iron maiden suck donkey d7ck

i aint buildin no pianer

nah u dont **** man, iron maiden are good u wouldnt have half of ur sorry ass bands with out them

Back