Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Nirvana

dolcechica is offline Member
    Sign in to disable this ad
    My all time fav nirvana song is "The man who sold the world"

Never makes me think anything else about them.
    Be Real,Be Cool and Behave!!!

KikiMouse is offline Member

Talking They're not immortal

I went to see Nirvana a bunch of times around the release of Bleach, and they did suck live, they used to play a lot with Mudhoney and Tad, both of who creamed them live. I also met Kurt and talked to him about music and he told me he never wanted to be really famous, he was a regular guy with a few problems and a lot of musical talent. On the topic of Nevermind, my friends and I were given pre-release copies a couple of months before the record came out and played it to death. We all agreed prior to the hype that is was a great album, best of the year we all said. Then the amount of radio play it got ruined it for everyone, especially Kurt.

Marketing kills true beauty.

shaq D is offline Brand New Invention
    Nirvana also had a lot of punk influences to go along with the rehased 70's rock and extra distortion. The reason they got so big was because of the need for a breath of fresh air to the music industry. Grunge music was something that wasn't hard to pick up musically and the people who the "stars" could be they guys who lived 2 houses down from yours. It smashed the myth of the Rock God for a few years to show people that anybody could be a rock star witht the right timing, a good sound, and something new. Looks and luck don't hurt either.

Personally, I thought they were OK. I preferred Soundgarden. But they are now gone too. They were a short revolution in the musical world which was overtaken by pop for a while then rap/rock and now we hopefully will give metal the attention it deserves.

I couldn't really care less about Kurt's ex-wife (sh*tty band anyway) or guys with long hair from the land of Starbucks and more rain than Monsoon season in India. It was the moment for grunge. Nirvana was the leader. This subject is played out.
    Sorry we can't let you in.
    But I'm in Weezer.

www.uncrowned.com

TaliD is offline Singer, Songwriter
    Nirvana were a good band but for some reason I preferred Soundgarden and Alice In Chains.

---------- Post added 09-19-2011 at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was 09-13-2011 at 11:35 PM ----------

If you like Nirvana please let me know what you think of my new track?

http://soundcloud.com/talidennerstein/lost-tali

JimbaFrosty is offline Alumni Music
    the man who sold the world is not their song btw

also we all know never-mind was their best cd sonicly and musically, then inurto bleach unpluged insesticide.

and they have 23453245234 b-sides which are sick like i hate myself and i wanna die.

are they alt gods? yup, are they the only? no, mudhoney, sound garden, pumpkins, alice, etc

def not over rated. Only thing thats over rated is kurts lyrics.

IanMathews is offline Fremen
    I never got the obsession with Nirvana. IMO, their Unplugged album is unlistenable because of Cobain's voice. He just wasn't that good a singer. I thought Incesticide was their best album, and it's mostly cover songs, if I remember right..

JimbaFrosty is offline Alumni Music
    Incesticide is a compilation album by the American grunge band Nirvana. Incesticide consists of demos, outtakes, and radio broadcast recordings. At the time, all of the material on Incesticide was circulating within fan communities (albeit in lower quality). It was widely reported in the music press that the band wanted to offer fans a higher-quality alternative, but in the book Cobain Unseen, Charles R. Cross reveals that Kurt Cobain agreed to the release of this compilation because he was allowed complete control over the album's artwork. The album was released on December 14, 1992 in Europe, and December 15, 1992 in the United States. Incesticide debuted at fifty-one and eventually reached number thirty-nine on the Billboard 200.
    also only good grunge signer was chris from soundgarden

rockmanhatn is offline Registered User
    don't want to start a fight or anything, just my opinion.

for me nirvana is overrated, i never really connected with them when listening to their music, but that is why people are different .

bassalicious is offline Registered User
    It's ok in small doses , but if i listen to much of it
    i get a depressed feeling

Loopdinator is offline Registered User
    I think If Nirvana didn't have the track "smells like teen spirit" and especially the video that went with it, they would have sailed away in the background and quite possibly never made it out of Seattle. I was a huge fan too, but that could never have happened if I didn't see that video on the TV one Sunday morning in 1991.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information