Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Nirvana

Dj stretch is offline Senior Member

Cool

Sign in to disable this ad
    This is a touchy subject, and needs to be handled with care. i posted a similar thread on another forum, and was greeted with death threats, so please dont. I love nirvana, and i view kurt cobain as a god, but do you think they are over rated? They wern't the only band of their genre at the time, (although they did do it better than the rest). I get the impression that most people already have them down as imortal gods before they even hear the music, so you dont get an objective opinion. I think if kurt cobain hadn't died (and we all know courtney love was responsible for that) then after a while, once all the hype had died down, they would have been "just another good band", like RATM or something. I have spoken to a lot of people who saw them live, and most of them said that they sucked live. Some of their music was genious, but i dont think it was imortal (unlike kurt cobain who clearly was imortal).
    (p.s no death threats please)
    If at first you dont suceed

[edited: your image seems to crash Mac people using Netscape.. dont ask me why :) it just causes them to fail the loading... maybe its postmypic's fault..]

give up before you hurt yourself :)

nook is offline Universal Soldier
    Hmmm I liked Nirvana stuff...especially the unplugged album...I'll try to listen to it again, got to remove the dust before !
    [B][url="http://www.parallands.com/index.html"].: parallands :.[/url][/B]

Cool

Unplugged is definatly their best album, its highly underated.

[edited: your image seems to crash Mac people using Netscape.. dont ask me why :) it just causes them to fail the loading... maybe its postmypic's fault..]

colby_52 is offline Registered User

rehashed 70's rock

i was in europe when the whole "grunge" thing broke big. i was anticipating something BIG from it when i got back (i was there for 2 yrs and didnt have access to much music). i was somewhat dissapointed that in general it seemed to be rehashed 70's rock (especially temple of the dog and all the pearl jam stuff). now it wasnt too bad, i think i just had really high expectations that it was going to be the next extraordinary punk rock. oh well...

i did buy nevermind and there is some good stuff on that, my brother had the unpluged on cd and to me it was just annoying music.

just an opinion

Was it coz u don't like the genre of acoustic, or did you just not like that albun in specific?

acoustic is fine

it wasnt the problem with acoustic, i play a bit of guitar my self and played mainly acoustic at the time. it was just the album in general, maybe it was because of all the hype too. like i said, i think i had too many expectations of grunge and because of that was dissapointed.

when i said annoying for me it was too much whining (thats the only way i can think to describe the sound). not whining as complaining, but just the overall sound.

baisically i didnt bond with the music. i had listened to alot of punk and other rock stuff at that time. i have this theory that the past repeats itself in 20 yr increments. during the 80's when i was in highschool alot of people were listening to all the 60's rock and hippy bands. and then in the 90's the whole 70's bell bottom became a novelty, also my opinion that grunge is kind of a rehash of 70's rock. now there are all these 80's radio stations popping up.???

continue with your enjoyment with nirvana, i guess it just isnt for me.

fair enough! I agree that the "fashions" seem to follow 20 years behind, but only for the mainstream. I can't imagine why anyone would like the 80's, but hey, thats just my opinion!

dj stretch

do you spin and have you used nirvana in sets?

i only spin in my bedroom, but as you may have read in other posts, i'm in a pretty sucessful band, and although i normaly do vocals+guitar, i do spin in a couple of tracks, but not nirvana, it's to popular to play + there are big copyright issues.

spinning nirvana

even in your room, do you try to mix nirvana? i am asking because i want to try and mix all my rock records and things like that. just wanted to know if you had any success with it?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information