Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Metal dudes hate rap?

Mr Nice Guy is offline Member

Metal dudes hate rap?

Sign in to disable this ad
    Most of the metal heads i know hate rap.

Can you stand it?

OliverPractice is offline Registered User
    I love Papa Roach and Evanescence but also R&B and like Rap. Now I guess those two bands are not metal but yeah... Metalica is really good to me too especially The Unforgiven is a dope song.

Inverted314 is offline BOOM BAP OR DIE
    Yes. Im a metal head and I also rap as well as play guitar. Too many people get stuck being one dimensional.
    I am a professional rapper

Ali'i is offline Yee.
    Before I got interested in rap/hip-hop I was into all sorts of metal, punk and ska.. hardcore, post-hardcore.. whatever you want to call it. At that time I didn't like rap.. Didn't really give it much of a chance though.
    likes this.

disnigga is offline Registered User
    Allot of the metal heads i meet really don't try to go deep into rap instead they mostly hear whats on the radio and judge. But not every metal does this, don't get me wrong.

deanlofts is offline Cubase Addict
    A lot of rap/hip hop heads do the same to Metal. If you like it then listen to it, I wouldn't worry about the genre so much. The metal bands I occasionally listen to include Metallica, Pantera, Soulfly, Sepultura, Slipknot, Stone Sour, Sevendust, Fear Factory, Slayer, Disturbed, Korn, Dream Theater and a few others. I don't mind putting my entire media library on random occasionally .
    Quote Originally Posted by alkota View Post
    Everyone is too worried about selling themselves before they even have a product that anyone wants.

disnigga is offline Registered User
    Yeah i know, i myself love rock/metal i favorite Band has to be Death the death metal band not the punk one,and my fav album is Sol Niger Within.I like all types of music,even tho most hip hop head then to say every rock song is satanic.

JohnnyBoySuperman is offline The Handsome Young Man
    I can easily say Metal/Alternative Rock is among my favorite genres along with Rap and R&B. I have metal head friends that hate rap, not because it's rap but it seems that Metal Heads are more inclined to understand Music Theory and most will tell me that rap is just too simple for their tastes. A lot of Metal Heads are used to hearing breakdowns, time changes, key changes, etc. So when they hear a Hip Hop song on 4/4 time and barely covering 2 intervals in 1 key they tend to get really bored really quick. Rap fans and Metal heads are just trained to hear music in a different way. I'm proud that I can appreciate the two genres simultaneously without leaning to a specific one, but I look for different things when i'm listening to them.
    Last edited by JohnnyBoySuperman; 04-14-2011 at 12:18 PM. Reason: BUM typing

Inverted314 is offline BOOM BAP OR DIE
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBoySuperman View Post
    I look for different things when i'm listening to them.
    Exactly. Solid answer.
    I am a professional rapper

MLBClique is offline Registered User
    You can learn alot from both!

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information