Favourite Bands

Seve

Hey,

New to the forums and noticed this area isn't as popular as the others hopefully i can help make it a bit more active :). What are some of your favourite metal bands and albums?

For me i think my favourite album has to be Blackwater Park by Opeth just love the sound they've got going on there. There latest one Watershed was good but i didn't think it beat BLackwater Park.

I think at the moment, favourite bands would be: Opeth, Dream Theater, Amon Amarth, Killswitch Engage, Paradise Lost, Tool, As I Lay Dying, Children of Bodom, Arch Enemy etc. Could name more but i'd b e here a while :) yours?

Well too be honest i dont really mess with rock music lately but i did as a little one

Metallica and limp bizkit were prolly two of my favs

But as for current rock music....

I'm really diggin Avenge sevenfold
My friend got me into them recently and i think theyre dope

I listened to all their old albums with the dude screamin and i dont like that type of rock cuz i cant fing understand it lmao
But i listened to that city of evil album and he can actually really sing he dont have to do all that satanic screamin stuff to make quality rock songs

Yeah Avenged Sevenfold aren't bad. Of course personally i don't mind the screaming and growling. As said Blackwater Park is my favourite album and that has death metal growling as well as singing in that :).

But i agree, you don't have to use scream vocals to make good rock/metal tracks some of the best of them are without.

love metal, thrash, death, speed

bands i dig

origin
canibal corpse
death
slayer
obituary
sepultura

someone mentioned amon amarth, man dope stuff there too

deftones
between the buried and me
cradle of filth
meshuggag
chimaira
killswitch
otep
kittie

man the list can go on forever lol

Ah awesome lists.

Yeah KsE are great as well as are disturbed but of course very different. Slayer and Sepultra are great although i think i prefer Slayer out of the 2

I've just been getting really into Marilyn Manson. I also like GnR, new and old. And then there's people like Franz Ferdinand or Kaiser Chiefs, where you can't really go wrong.

lamb of god has always been a solid band. they wanna go instrumental and loose there vocals. i like the latest walls of jericho album. always been a mushroomhead fan. anything that is hardcore and well proportioned and put together.

Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Red Hot Chilly Peppers...mainstream I know, but very good. The whole early 90's rock music era just rocked.

Metallica
slipknot
nirvana
pearl jam
soundgarden
seether
linkin park
judas priest
pantera
foo fighters
static x

metallica is my favorite but other than that no order.

The Pogues and The Stranglers are high up on my list. Don't think they've been listed yet.

Atreyu
Mudvayne(Early Music)
Chiodos
Sevendust
Family Force 5
Breaking Benjamin
Slipknot
Seether
Deadsy

and that about covers it.

King Diamond
Testament