Evanescence-new awesome band

L

Lady_venom

Hey ya'll. :hello: I have recently been introduced to Evanescence, (an amazing alternative band) by a friend. There music is so breath taking, and Amy Lee's voice is beautiful. I could listen to them all day. The beats are so relaxing but at the same time its hard rock too. The lyrics are so... thought provoking. I just wanted to let everyone know that this band rox, and I also wanted to know what u guys thought about it.

Considering the song is all over modern rock radio and MTV (when they play videos), I would hope the song from Daredevil is everywhere.

I know a guy in that band!

Awesome tracks on that album, oh so seductive!
Also, my friend pointed out the other day that an old friend of mine is their drummer. His name's Rocky, he plays guitar for a metal band called Living Sacrifice. So good luck to him!
:D

Too bad Living Sacrifice is practically no more. Jason (LS's other guitarist) is now with P.O.D.

I give them 6 months.

Really? :bigeyes: That's so kool! Are you still in touch with him?:

Re: I know a guy in that band!

He's probably trying to get girls to go to the back of the bus with him. Its OK for them to do that now, as the album has been ordered to be pulled out of Christian Bookstores...

yeah amy lees voice get me hard....they are very original..unfortunatly theve already managed to sell out and already have a record company making their decisions (like putting the dude from 12 stones in the song the radio play every 15 minutes) I like them though they got like a tori amos/industrial type of thing going
plus I think they are christian rock music, wich is sickening....

Re: Re: I know a guy in that band!

shaq D said:
He's probably trying to get girls to go to the back of the bus with him. Its OK for them to do that now, as the album has been ordered to be pulled out of Christian Bookstores...
yeah I heard that the label said something like "evanessecne has made it clear they are a secular band"
I fuCCin hate the things religon cuases people to do

Last edited by a moderator:
shaq D said:
If you're looking for a girl singer similar in style, but no where near selling out, check out Lennon.

www.lennononline.com

:mad: WTF !@##$@##%
I go all the way to her website and it says to download her single you gotta be a member....so I spend 10 min in the long *** sign up just to find out I cant find the phuckin single....very annoying but whatever I guess ill just half to keep an ear out for her.... thanks though

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn.

She got dropped from her label a few months back, so there's no telling what's up there. Her CD is called "5:30 Saturday Morning" Probably under $10 at Best Buy or Tower.

Good band

Evanescence is a pretty good band. They kind of have a Linkin Park sound. I haven't found much piano driven music like Evanescence out there. They use a lot of pianos and a lot of strings. I guess that is one of the reasons I like them so much.

New to the site

WEll, I love Evan Essance!!! I love to sing and many say I can sing like Amy. I do agree that they are a good rock/ relaxing band. Well, I'm new to this site, so please feel free to talk to me. :sing: Arial
This may be the best site I know. - Chris

shaq D said:
Tip #1: Evanessence blows

I seen them with staind the other day. they were Ok, It was funny watching people in a mosh pit to them. nothing special thoug, like ShaqD said they are seen as a novelty

staind fvcking rocked though.:victory:

shaq D said:
How does the new stuff hold up live? Is it just like the other 2 albums?

yeah it sounds about the same as breaking the cycle, I think they realized that the formula on break the cycle was what works best, so they tried to go in that same direction, personally I didnt really even like dysfunction "home" is my favorite song by them and they didnt even play it. the guitarist is the only one that moves on stage, aaron just walks or sits with his eyes closed. but I think they wouldnt look right all jumping around.

personally I love staind, even though most people just say their sold out, so the fvck what, Aaron puts so much emotion into his music, ive got the unplugged DVD and its always been one of my favorite things to get blazed to.

NO, they don't!

EvanEssance, has just came sometime ago, and if you don't like their music... Wezzer, don't listen to them, don't put them down for getting out there and playing what they feel. Instead of sitting online and putting down music bands that you don't like, why don't you get out there and make a bettter band then them!
P.S. GOOD LUCK! Get the picture? :) :hello:
I found Amy at at church camp long ago.... now she's singing with me. - Lead Guitarest

Re: NO, they don't!

SweetCourt1587 said:
EvanEssance, has just came sometime ago, and if you don't like their music... Wezzer, don't listen to them, don't put them down for getting out there and playing what they feel. Instead of sitting online and putting down music bands that you don't like, why don't you get out there and make a bettter band then them!
P.S. GOOD LUCK! Get the picture? :) :hello:

actually I think ShaqD has MADE better bands then them ;)

Back