Avril Lavigne

shane1270

Ok now...I just saw the video to Happy Ending which I feel is a great song. I also believe that Avril has one of the best voices in the business right now. But what the hell is this crap with her playing a guitar and piano??????? Do they really have to go so far as have her ACT like she plays instruments???? This just annoys me how they try and sell people as pure artists when they arent...Shes a great singer and I dont think she needs to act like shes doing all that stuff.....just sing

Cut and past that to This thread

You should read the forums before posting. All I did was scroll down.

-Geoffrey

shane1270 said:
Shes a great singer

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

shane1270 said:
Ok now...I just saw the video to Happy Ending which I feel is a great song. I also believe that Avril has one of the best voices in the business right now. But what the hell is this crap with her playing a guitar and piano??????? Do they really have to go so far as have her ACT like she plays instruments???? This just annoys me how they try and sell people as pure artists when they arent...Shes a great singer and I dont think she needs to act like shes doing all that stuff.....just sing

You're funny. You make me laugh. Cause you're funny.

I think he's serious guys. Avrils boyfriend guitar player tought her barre chords. He must've said "ok, look honey, when I move up the fingerboard 5 metal bars you move up five metal bars. In this position (doing barre position) ok, memorize that so at least you look like you can actually play"

-Geoffrey

lol....i still think she is tasty...mmmm(i have a shamefull thing to admit)

but geoff nailed it with that last remark...hilarious, yet probably true!

funny you guys say that because ive heard her play guitar and shes not bad. now im not saying shes up there with slash but she can keep a rythm and she knows what shes doing.

Guitar player aside, the one thing she's really good at is Autotune. You have to be pretty wicked to sing so consistently flat and/or sharp all the time for the Autotune to work properly.

i think shes not bad bad, at least she has a couple of gold albums! at least

"so much for my happy endenn"

it kills me everytime she says it but whatever.

i wanted to know what you guys thought of the songwriting for that track when she goes into "you were ......................all .......................the .........................things ..............................i ...............................thought ............................i ...........................knew ..........................and ...............................i ............................... wish ...................we ........................ cound beeeeeeee"

if that isnt the most elementary lyrical pattern i have ever seen.....

mattu said:
Guitar player aside, the one thing she's really good at is Autotune. You have to be pretty wicked to sing so consistently flat and/or sharp all the time for the Autotune to work properly.

Now that I've been on a business trip for, months it seems, and my daughter has been getting far more than her quota of Disney Channel, I'm starting to hear the mystic strains of the autotune myself. There's a funny buzz whenever one of their child stars sings a song in their commercials..

Or I could be hallucinating from the exhaustion... That's what the penguins tell me, anyway.

Whats autotune?

What the hell... I Just saw the video. She looks like she is 14 and her lover on the video looks like he is 20-30. I Just checked her age and it says she is 20 y/o, of course when you consider the fact that she is a girl, her real age is probably 15-16 (Joking, but wouldnt be suprised if this were true).

lol 2 J-Traxx

"You were everything, everything that I wanted
We were meant to be, supposed to be, but we lost it
All of the memories, so close to me, just fade away.
All this time you were pretending
So much for my happy ending"

[Sarcasm]How original.[/Sarcasm]

*Cuts off stupid Lavigne video and puts on the beauty of APC - 3 Libras*

Last edited:
<Sarcastic>LOL you guys are very funny. lol</Sarcastic> I'm
not a fan of hers, and i heard her
music once or twice, but i forgot all
of you guys are great musicians that
have the right to criticize anybody
that picks up a guitar and tries to
sing. with all the money she has made
with her crappy voice and her non-
guitar playing skills, i'll bet she
could buy your super musicly tuned
lives.

Last edited:
im not a fan of her music either, but she does play guitar and sing well. ive met her. my brother went out with her a couple years ago. and if you ever get the chance to meet her ask her about the guys of off by one from san diego. more specifically marc. then youll see...but the chance of any of you meeting her is slim and no matter what i say youll keep up your unknowledgeable rants about musicians youre obviously jealous of.

biatch please. screw her money!!!

scince when is money a measure of virtue and talent. (william hung) her songwriting on that song is so predictable i knew what she was saying before she said it. she is very successful in the business of music but in the musicianship of songwriting and playing...she is most definately lacking indeed. maybe the money wipes away the blinding truth of the lack of talent she has.

you two are treating her as if she's james taylor or something. she sucks at songwriting and it's obvious. i hope she makes all the money she can. god bless her but i wont kiss her feet just because she's rich. shyt... so are the "ying yang twins". i dont care for avril to fall over and die...i just want her to put out some really good music...like maybe john mayer perhaps. he's worth every penny.

lol one of my favorite artists is
Gordan Lightfoot, now 95% of all the
people that hear his music thinks it
absolutly sucks ass, I've heard
everything from "wtf", to, "his music
doesn't make any sense", all the way to
"this isn't music" because 95% of the
people say that make it true? no. it
doesnt. It's all a matter of opinion
plain and simple. and obviously enough
people like her music to prove she's
not a street bum who just picked up a
guitar.

i hold her in the same regard as ashley simpson excep she can sing better than ashley. i charge the talent to the producers.

Jahgro said:
lol one of my favorite artists is
Gordan Lightfoot, now 95% of all the
people that hear his music thinks it
absolutly sucks ass, I've heard
everything from "wtf", to, "his music
doesn't make any sense", all the way to
"this isn't music" because 95% of the
people say that make it true? no. it
doesnt. It's all a matter of opinion
plain and simple. and obviously enough
people like her music to prove she's