Anyone into metal, rock production?

Snipp

Since this is a production website, I figure this would be a good place to find people who produce music other than hip hop. I'm looking for some feedback and anyone with knowledge would be helpful. I've been getting more into production of rock/meta/punk etc., which is outside my base of hip hop. I can post some tracks. thanks

Basically, I'm looking for song feedback for production, mixes, song writing, vocal performance etc. I tried to post a track, but I need to up my post count.

I can help you with that too. Hard Rock/Metal is my main area of focus. You can also try posting in the Andy Sneap Forum. It won't let me post a link either, but you can just google it (Should be the first hit).

But, beware the Sneapsters are ruthless!

i used to do just metal/rock what were you wanting to know? maybe i can help
also gonna have to check out that sneap site rfahey was talkinbout

this is the newest rock one ive done in a while

Yeah, I'm a huge metal fan as well. I produce a lot of metal songs, mostly melodeath and symphonic metal. Yeah, the uh, sneapsters can be a bit aggressive. << >>

Post some tunes!

im a fan of rock music also, i would like to get in to actually producing rock music but i dont know where to start from. i can do hip hop and rap but i want to learn rock

That's pretty dope. I like the overall sound of it. I think your closed hi hat overshadows your guitar chords somewhat though.

That's pretty dope. I like the overall sound of it. I think your closed hi hat overshadows your guitar chords somewhat though.

Try humanizing the drums a little more. Hats, kick, and snare should be a little more dynamic.

Ha! I ran into that issue too, I need X amount of posts before I can put a track up for feedback....either way, I started doing rock, singer/songwriter and metal before I even got in to hip hop, which is quite a bit different, especially if you are engineering the session as well because you don't have the luxury of having every kick, or snare hit, or hat to be in that perfect freq range right off the bat.

Another great site I visit often when it comes to rock music is gearslutz.com, they have a whole bunch of knowledge, just like this site, but it's mainly geared towards live music. Post or email me what you got and I would be sure to critique as nessecary, the one thing I've learned to look out for right of the bat is the low-mid feq range...alot of newbie's who record/mix rock saturate the hell out of that area.

I'm also trying to produce my rock tracks but I can't upload anything yet. Have to post 20 comments first. :(

Back