What songs got you into electronica?

APHEX TWIN - WINDOWS LICKER

so creazy - so nasty - way to cool to enjoy :monkey:

---------- Post added 10-14-2010 at 08:34 AM ---------- Previous post was 10-13-2010 at 07:27 PM ----------

hi there,

also GARY NUMAN "CAR",

what a great track !!! cheer, BRIAN

No lie, this shit.

[video=youtube;https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1w70mEzJQo]video[/video]

Honestly, this is what lead me to house, trance, happy hardcore, tech...

Weird, I know, but, oh well. Worked out well! :cheers:

I remember the first electronic track I've ever heard and got me into electronic music, specially trance.
Back in 1997, I was five years old when i heard my brother listening to Paul van Dyk - For An Angel
It's my favorite track as well.
Classics are the best.

I have always been into EDM or Electronica , ever since i was like 3 (im 16 at the moment) i remember my big sister blasting MTV and VIVA channels on the TV , stuff like ATB - Ecstasy , Dune - Hardcore vibes , Scooter and other kinds of rave music . But later when i actually started listening to music i got onto the bandwagon of mass popularity , you know , stuff like ROCK , Metal , i rejected electronica because other people did , even if i like the way it sounded , i still rejected it . But all the rave music still stayed in my heart , it wasn't going anywhere , nor will it ever will ! But the song that clicked in me , that made me go the final stages of transition to EDM was Antiloop - Believe . Something in me clicked and .. Well now i listen to EDM basically ! Trance being on top of the list ! ;] !

I was standing at the bus stop in 9th grade (it was 1991) and my buddy put headphones on my head while playing the track "James Brown is Dead" by LA Style. Changed my friggin life!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't looked back since. Electronic music FTW!!!!

Tiesto - Love Stoned

I have no idea why or when, but I took a huge look the other way from hip hop after hearing it.

I started listening to stuff like and inspired by Kraftwerk because that's what we had back in the olden days (electro) that was before the blur of bright lights and screeching 303's.

Hmmm...

---------- Post added at 02:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

Whoops! didn't mean to post.

1. incompetech.com (first one under electronica)

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

Agh! It seems I only have 30 seconds to type!!!

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

OK. Gotta do this fast:

1. incompetech (1st one under electronica)
2. incompetech (4th under techno)
3. incompet

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

OMG!!!!!

1. imcompetech (1st under electronica)
2. incompetech (4th under techno)
3. incompetech (8th under mysterious)

Back