tempo question

EugeneS

hey,

first of all sorry if it's a wrong topic.. but here's my short question:

If my tempo is.. say 132bpm (prog. trance) and I want my break (strings, brass and stuff) to be like 100bpm (or even 90), could it be a problem for djs to play the track live, or include it into a radio show?
[FONT=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]I'm just automating the tempo when the break starts and when there's the kick, bass etc it's again 132.

I'm asking because I'm not a dj, nor a radio show maker, and I'm not good at all this warping, tempo-matching and stuff xD

[/FONT]

Where are located the strings section? is it at the intro of the song?

I believe it would be hard for a DJ to mix a song that ends at 132BPM with another that starts at 100BPM. If it's in the middle of the song, I can't see any problem here.

You must know, too, that "this style requires the music to be at ***BPM" don't need to be taken too seriously. There are no rules when it comes to music.

You can have a drum and bass song (which normally sits at 174BPM) with a dubstep-ish part (which sits normally at 140BPM) and still sound good.

no, it's just in the middle. I know there's a lot of DJs making their radioshows in Ableton, and they warp all the tracks, I thought that some audio issues could appear, like clicks and different noises here and there, or just the melody failing to play as it should at the given tempo, while the whole session is at a higher bpm.

well, if there are no problems with that, perfect )) thanks for your input! appreciate it.

No problem man. I think that, for more detailed info, you should ask this, too, on the DJ part of the forum.

the only issues I can foresee in this type of tempo structure is if you are using samples from other tracks that need to be warped to fit the new tempo in teh middle section.

otherwise it is fine and a truly normal approach to this sort of compositional dilemma

no need to ask in djing and scratching as the answer will be the same there are no specific dj/radio programming issues here, only audio issues

you mean I will not be able to use loops, or say.. some riser effects, impacts and stuff which are audio?

and I think there should be no issues with freezing and getting the audio from midi, isn't it?

no issues converting vsts to audio tracks

as for using loops as long as they are tempo matched no problems
- it is where you want to use the same loops in both tempo areas that you may begin to experience some problems

Back