Popularity boom of "EDM"?

EDM is just a shortage of Electronic Dance Music, jean michell jarre and kraftwerk(and others) where making EDM.. , EDM is where all genres of electronic dance music are in, from House to Trap, from psychedelic trance to dubstep

EDM is awesome. When will people get on board and stop being scared? I am fully immersed in the EDM scene since I heard "Hey Brother" by Avicii.

Mixing Country/Folk with EDM was genius.

I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing its become popular. Every genre has bad music too, you just have to sift through it to find the gems

EDM - includes trance, house, techno, breakbeat, gabber, hardcore, and much, much more. It's much more interesting to listen EDM then just chaos or techno, its more various and rich sounding.

And we dont have to forget the main purpose of EDM music, its a Night club dance music. Its some sort of revolution, and music evolution. By combining diferent styles it growths in something new.

EDM is always morphing. There are tracks out now that I literally can't pinpoint to a genre. It's interesting, but odd at the same time.

Let me explain

Jungle/Drum & Bass:
BLACKSTAR -- Kunta Kinte -- old school ragga Jungle - YouTube

EDM Drum & Bass:
BIRDY NAM NAM - GOIN' IN (SKRILLEX 'GOIN HARD' REMIX) [OFFICIAL VIDEO] - YouTube

You can do that with atleast House,Trap & Dubstep

EDM is like pop. Any electronic genre can be EDM, but just like Drake is pop-rap & not really actual Rap, Skrillex makes EDM-Dubstep & not really actual dubstep. EDM always sounds a certain way no matter what genre. Pop always sounds a certain way no matter what genre.

That's utter nonsense. Almost everything you just wrote here is complete bullshit. American "EDM" isn't like pop, it IS pop.

A lot of you threw up solid views on the subject.

My .02... I've been following "edm" since 95' ish (I was ten) and I've seen what is going on today happen way back then, not to the same degree, but back then you had acts like La Bouche, Faithless, etc these were people singing over a "rave" track, it blew up without the internet. Back then we had the real MTv and The Box. Point being its blown up before, it was bound to happen again and will keep happening as we add more veriations to electronic music. It's at this level because mainstream hip hop fell off; then you combine that with the internet and boom. I like it cause I can now hit EDC or Tomorrow Land when 10 or so years ago I'd dream of hitting Utopia in AU or Hit London to catch Digweed do a set somewhere random because raves in the US would get shutdown within hours of starting. To the american culture its a fad that the trendy kids follow. The kids at EDC are throwing up hearts and screaming PLUR, but have no clue what it all really means. True "EDM" will survive and the purists will get it back. Will it be the same? Ufck no! But, thats not a bad thing. That is why it has survived so long and will continue to.

I think EDM finally came to the surface because of the "New Age" stuff.
Love, happiness, unity, peace, that's what EDM is about. That's what all the new agers think too.

Back