How are you promoting your music?

soter

:victory:HOW ARE YOU PROMOTING YOUR MUSIC?? ANY SUGGESTIONS MUSIC WORLD???

sotermusicflyer.jpg

Last edited:
I've just joined SoundCloud a couple of days ago but how do you get people to find your music on the SoundCloud website?

i started using sound cloud and lifes been gettin a little easier

Yup thats what i use too soundcloud and youtube, im a try posting stickers of my web site in the streets. Going back to my graffiti days! Lol... Hmmm i need a logo....

The internet is decent, but it's hard to break that threshold on networking sites where enough people know of your music well enough to share it with others. Playing show's and meeting as many people as possible, particularly other musicians who can increase that network.

Youtube is always a must, and easy. Soundcloud is becoming essential as well.
Otherwise, share with friends, share with your current network, and expand it as much as possible, people are a hundred times more likely to listen to music from people they know / have heard of before, hence why focusing on your current network is always great.

Promoting? hmmm.....
check out my dubstep on soundcloud!

i think just making good music and posting it on youtube/soundcloud is the best way to get views, but i see alot of ppl spamming to add followers and asking ppl to follow them and they make shitty music

yeah networking is the shit too!! i try to pass as much music ass possible but never thought of doing shows.. idk lol

dont kno y every1 doesnt use BANDCAMP but its great! also i use soundcloud, Facebook, twitter, youtube, tumblr, reverbnation, i need to be on more sites tho, so if any1 knos of anymore LET ME KNO, i started on soundclick back in 02 not interested in going back

dont kno y every1 doesnt use BANDCAMP but its great! also i use soundcloud, Facebook, twitter, youtube, tumblr, reverbnation, i need to be on more sites tho, so if any1 knos of anymore LET ME KNO, i started on soundclick back in 02 not interested in going back

I use most of those sites to but it some times a pain in the butt to maintain all of them. I have band camp but I just started using it. So far I think soundcloud is the best site so far. :berzerk:

You can link all of your social networking sites together. So when you upload a joint on soundcloud, it appears on your twitter, which updates your facebook/reverbnation/myspace/whatever...

Promoting your music is still a real world mission.
Everyone fits in a lane. And if you really don't, you're screwed.
There's enough genres and sub-genres to classify everything and I'm sure if you are something that never existed before, someone will make a special genre for you.

That said, it's always a good idea to GO TO your fans instead of trying to get your fans to come to you. That might be something as simple as going to the show/concert of a similar artist and handing out samples of your music and/or stickers/postcards.

Going to an event where your kind of music is played and trying to get your stuff slotted.

Checking out other independent acts close to where you're at and seeing what kind of attention they are garnering and approaching those media outlets.

There's lots of books on all of this stuff.

Back