House Tutorials

austino

Does any one have any recommendation of some really good house tutorials for fl studio.

Iam looking for tutorials that can I can watch while I work on the song and I haven't been able to find many so far.

I already know of seamless and beats4beats.

Any recommendations would be awesome.

Seamless is more oriented to drum and bass (with all his Harmor resample, I can say more Neurofunk), but he works on some electro-house.

Beats4Beats have a wide range of tutorials, on many different genres, but I don't think that he specialize on any of them. They are good to get you the basics of those genres.

Anyways, I don't think there's anyone who do a House tutorial, I mean, anyone that's good enough. i think it's best for you to compare your track with professional ones, and listen where each element goes.

There's a lot of tutorials on Youtube. What kind of tutorials are you looking for? When you say House Tutorial, do you mean house music? What type of house music? Deep, soulful, tech, afro?

There's a lot of tutorials on Youtube. What kind of tutorials are you looking for? When you say House Tutorial, do you mean house music? What type of house music? Deep, soulful, tech, afro?

Any type of house music mainly mainstream afro swedish house mafia avicci adventure club ect .

I am looking for tutorials that I can follow along with so I can learn the process of making a full song my self.

What would you guys recommend for learning how to make melodies and beat patterns? I have no music theory knowledge, will I have to learn it before hand or can I just pick it up as I go?

Have you tried watching the FM Magazine's in the studio -clips? They interview a lot of big house producers (and other genres), how they made one of their tracks and their tips etc.
One of them is with Avicii, and he uses FL.
Though in my opinion it shouldn't be any problem with watching tutorials where they use other softwares, as long as you get the concept.

Yeah I have tried but I dont have all the softwares and it is way to advance for me I need something I can follow along with you dig?

If you want one source then I don't have it but I know Youtube has tons of those. With just a 1 minute search I found this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku9SEgzKmZA

It's a complete tutorial the only problem is that there's no voice-over but I know with a deep search you'll find a lot of them. Just search for terms like "make swedish house mafia style..." "make music like avicii" "fl studio swedish house mafia style" or anything. These are just ideas, only you know best as to what you want.

Hope that helps but some music theory always make things much easier. Learn to play at least 1 instrument on the side, even though you don't perfect it just as long as you understand chords and scales then the rest will mostly come naturally as you keep practicing.

If you want one source then I don't have it but I know Youtube has tons of those. With just a 1 minute search I found this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku9SEgzKmZA

It's a complete tutorial the only problem is that there's no voice-over but I know with a deep search you'll find a lot of them. Just search for terms like "make swedish house mafia style..." "make music like avicii" "fl studio swedish house mafia style" or anything. These are just ideas, only you know best as to what you want.

Hope that helps but some music theory always make things much easier. Learn to play at least 1 instrument on the side, even though you don't perfect it just as long as you understand chords and scales then the rest will mostly come naturally as you keep practicing.

That is ableton though I am looking for something on fl and that I can follow along trust me I have searched alot on youtube and have only found one person that I can follow along with and it is this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xy_F9mUpKc

That is ableton though I am looking for something on fl and that I can follow along trust me I have searched alot on youtube and have only found one person that I can follow along with and it is this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xy_F9mUpKc

I think that that's the point steffeeh was trying to say to you: you need to get the concept of the thing. Even though the tutorial in based on Ableton, you're able to recreate it using FL Studio.

As far as I know (and I'm not into House), the structure is the same for basically any song, perhaps a more experimental on prog House. But the foundations are mostly 4-on-the-floor kick, snares/claps on beats 2 and 4, synth stabs, and percussion. I know it's generic what I said, but it's the very foundation of house (and trance, and techno, and industrial, and hardcore, and hardstyle...)

Back