Electronica thats chill

FIFSUNTZU

What are some electronica artists that are chill
similar to aphex twin
and skam records type stuff

interested in any artist

thank
fifsuntzu

I'll share with you how I find all my tracks.

1.Go to BeatPort and look up your artist

2. Locate their record label

3. Search that label for all their tracks between a certain BPM and you're sure to find other chill tracks

OR

1. Go to BeatPort and look up your artist

2. Find mix compilations they have been included in (i.e. MIAMI 2014 CHILLEST TUNES)

3. Check out the other artists in the mix compilation & their corresponding record labels (and just like before, peruse the artists attached to that specific record label)

This is exactly how I find all the tracks I play for my gigs as I get bored of hearing opening DJ's play the same top 100 crap over and over again. I'll find banging tracks that only have 350-1,000 plays on youtube. Give it a shot!!

I once took part on a remix competition held by Waxhole (it's the song on my sig). This label focus mainly on chilled out electronic music. Worth a check.

go to http://discogs.com and find an artist you know, check what compilations they appear on and see what other artists make an appearance there. go into their profile and see who mixes them and so on..

Also check out the site Welcome! - Rate Your Music and do the similar as what's been said above with Discogs.

Anyway, Richard James (Aphex Twin) also have a dozen of aliases where he has released a lot of music, so check those out (just go to Wiki and you'll find the names of his other aliases).
Also check out the label he released a lot of his music through, Warp Records.

Otherwise:
- Squarepusher
- Boards Of Canada
- Amon Tobin
- Proem
- Roel Funcken
- The Flashbulb
- Enabl.ed

Last edited:
wow this is too empty for this question lool.

1. Boards of Canada
2. Square Pusher
3. Four Tet
4. Mount Kimbie
5. Amon Tobin
6. Burial
7. Shlohmo
8. Daedalus
9. Shigeto
10. Tycho
11. Com Truise

Vibrasphere, carbon based lifeforms, solar fields, Bluetech, probspot, xerxes, Kuba, koan, Lauge, Lauge & baba gnohm, matenda/chilling matenda, cell, Perpetual loop, Lab's cloud, Bird of prey, random rab, krusseldorf.

No idea if it's anything like any other artist posted in this thread, I have actually never heard of any of those names before other than aes dana.

All of the psychedelic stuff is best like Aes Dana, Shulman, Ephemeral Mists, Hol Baumann, Ott, etc.

I agree with the suggestions given above, especially the Ultimae records artists such as Carbon Based Lifeforms, Solar Fields, Circular, etc. Tycho and BOC are great suggestions as well.

I want to add a suggestion for Emancipator. He's one of my favorite artists.

Search for a label called Blind Colour and check out the music of Ink Project, Nate Connelly and Rounds

I strongly recommend Ott :) Listen to "the aubergine of the sun", you will fly together with unicorns in a rainbow sky :angel:

Back