am i too prefctionist

imo perfectionism is a good trait, hold on to it, it can only do you good in the end

In fact, you can't mix up perfectionism with "I want to make things sound right". Perfectionism can cause you to spend too much time and energy over something that won't change at all, no matter what you try to do. Perfectionism leads to frustration, and in this game, too much frustration leads to either you not releasing any song at all, or quitting.

I'm not saying we need to be lazy and release something that is unfinished. I'm saying that we need to know when stop and say "This is done!", and move on.

You never will be, it's a good thing, keep up the perfectionism and you'll keep on getting better x

[h=2]am i too prefctionist [/h]
im always not stasfied with my work,never.
plz help!

I've highlighted the spelling mistakes in red and the grammar mistakes in orange. I hope to god you're not talking about writing.

Enough with the jokes though. If you feel your too much of a perfectionist then you need to set yourself boundaries so you don't get stuck on pieces. If you're just not getting stuff done because everything you make feels like it sucks then i suggest you head over to the songwriting and lyricism forum to check out my post on writers block.

aim for what you want. perfect is perfect. PREFECT is not Perfect. spell it right. nothing wrong with getting the results you want. by the way, you spelt it right and I knew that. so yes, aim for perfection. I do too.

Breaks are ok sometimes. try exercising. I find doing real work that is bebficial sooner is rewarding according to imagination,

FOr instance, if I clean my house, or hoe weeds. or paint. or do bills. when all is said and done and things are takedn care of that are responsible then its time to work on that fun music stuff.

I find the easy route down and killing the sins helps me. I just give up. It helps, I get down and let God take charge. I give in to goodness. Take over, give up. WHat will work? Just ask. Give in to grace and effortlessness, its like the matrix. be relaxed cool and calm, and love will be abundant. be still and know the Lord. wish no harm or evil upon others, and certainly things will turn for your good in the days to come,

These things are all beneficial and good. Good, like good ice cream. or good, like good music.. good like a good behavior, good is really good.

Grace and peace and LOve.

Last edited:
Kalafim,

I understand Music can be VERY frustrating, heck, anything you want to be good at can be difficult at times and make you want to quit. All the crazy talk in Music Production if the Compressor is off literally .2 on the threshold, or a -3db cut on 414Hz.

I just wanted to let you know, over my short time of Producing Beats, I've learnt that if it sounds good, it sounds good. Don't question it. Don't EQ it if it doesn't need to be changed, don't throw a compressor on a instrument that was already compressed several times and re-sold.

Just train your ear, and it will become easier. Take breaks every 20-45mins of Mixing/Producing for 10-15mins and come back, it will give your ears some relaxation time.

Hope everything goes well,
ILLIMINATE Beats

Back