Thoughts on Young Thug

tried giving his stuff a chance... but I'm just not with it. I only tolerate his stuff at parties. I like a lot of incoherent rap, but his stuff is just too off the wall and I don't get some of the stupid references he likes to toy with.

No.. He is saying that it is not about the lyrics. Like gangnam style, we have no idea wtf he is saying but does that make it noise?

With rappers like young thug it's all about the energy and flow, no one is listening for lyricism and subject matter, no one cares what he is saying and no one needs to.

Last edited:
With rappers like young thug it's all about the energy and flow, no one is listening for lyricism and subject matter, no one cares what he is saying and no one needs to.

This is sad...
whether hip-hop or RAP... u should have more love then that

People simply need to understand that the genre has grown very broad. It isnt cool to say "Lil Wayne sucks" or "Mainstream music is bad" anymore. If you dont like young thug then guess what......dont listen to him. If every rapper was being conscious, and lyrical, and had a deep message to every song everyone would sound the same. There is nothing wrong with being a fan of Young thug, and MF DOOM, or Cunninlinguists, Kendrick Lamar or whoever you like, it is very easy for these types of music to coexist, and its completely fine to be a fan of either or better yet both.

Last edited:
Im not saying u cnt have party music...
Theres always been party music...
but to the point where niggas is askin how do u even kno what hes saying...
the answer to that is it doesnt even matter....
where they do that at....: in life
-
ur right...each is own ... i dnt listen

He uses his tears for him and his boyfriends lubricant, he's gay and he can't rap.

no one is listening for lyricism and subject matter, no one cares what he is saying and no one needs to.

I feel so bad for the youth of today - I feel bad for the thots you're attracted to, not being able to get jobs in this economy, the Twilight books you idolize as literature and the music you listen to. Please pray for our children.

If every rapper was being conscious, and lyrical, and had a deep message to every song everyone would sound the same.

Again, more blasphemy and if these were ancient times you would've been in the brazen bull a few comments ago.

Since rappers on the radio AREN'T lyrical EVERY song sounds the same!

Back