Things u miss about hip-hop

I don't miss anything other than the creativity and originality that seems to be missing. You can't live in the past. I do hate the fact that Hip Hop has been exploited to the point where it's on its death bed but it lasted way longer than the critics thought and it became a worldwide phenomenon. I feel like the vultures can have it. There's enough good material from the older artists. Personally I feel like real creative people don't care what others are doing anyway. it's time to go back to the drawing board and create another genre once again. I have noticed that artists today don't have the work ethic of past artists but hey that's on them. I do miss this man and his brother who made up the legendary Bomb Squad though. They challenged you sonically like no other. Notice how he has embraced today's technology rather than complaining about today vs the past. Old heads have to reinvent themselves as they get older to avoid being bitter:

Last edited:
I remember my aunt talking about how she loved Ghetto Heaven so much she went to see them perform and that's when she realized most of their other songs on the album were rock oriented(lol)

Sandra St. Victors had a very slept on album...........one of my favorite voices ever.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! See yall missing out.

But then again.....grown folks are not as fluent on the internet as the younglings are.......kind of a tricky situation to make such music on a mature level.........if we KNEW THOUGH....

But I love the album. Wasn't for facebook I would miss all of my favorite artist stuff......sad.

Last edited:
They say there will never be another Pac

there will never be another Hammer either.......

Classic!

Who dat @ 3:43?

Eazy Had the best verse though......

lol!!!............remember when it would be a group of people watching this video and when Michelle say "make the change cause we all in the same game" everybody say it and pitch their voice up high and shit. lol! Memories.

Last edited:
I hate the fact that every time I turn on Radio One it's some 'pop-hop-would-be-hip-hop-shit' with lyrics that either make no sense at all or at best say **** all. And don't get me started on that lack of flow!
The rappers that are coming through seem to arrive without any struggle or any story to tell and are (thankfully) gone just as quick. They're almost a mass-produced part of the machine and definitely not part of the culture.
Some good stuff out there (I'm UK and there's some quality splitters on the up, that'll never get airplay) but not as easy to find good rap as it was when I was a kid. There's definitely certain labels I gravitate to (again, certainly here in the UK) though and they don't often hit Radio One or MTV...
Quality Hip Hop is back in the underground scene.

Dancers with classical training backgrounds in music videos as opposed to strippers turned models turned video vixens and/or video hoes and vice versa. Elise Neal has a classical background and I ain't know until recently she was in

Last edited:
I miss the creativity.. before the rule was, if something is nice, do something different that will be nicer...

now if something is nice, everyone will jump on it til the cow got no milk left.

How the **** katy perry have beats that a gangster rapper uses also ... everyone on 808's -_-

Yall would be shittin all on Flavor Flav today.......yall ain't shit man.........if it don't sound like Nas then it gets no respeck....

Yall hear some gm pianos and be like "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK" before a song come on...............but you still listen just in case...

then you hear the rapper and be like "yep, I guessed it...."

Last edited:
Hip Hop still exists. You just need to know where to look. 29:00 That's my theme music as I enter any establishment:

Last edited:
^^ Nice vid.
A lot of nice post in here,
classic material!

Count me in the minority, but I don't miss anything bout hip-hop.
She good!

All this stuff u talk about been around from the start, real talk.

Some say the Sugar Hill Gang was a label creation, the group was put together by the label and weren't together b4 the album/single.

I'm not sure why people think there weren't wack and fake rappers back in the day.

What you miss is not about hip-hop . . .

What you miss is a certain time in your life, it reminds u about a time back when.

But the lens we use is clouded by romanticism, shielding the bs from our memories.

I miss being able to distisguish between different rappers on the radio. I try and give these fools a shot but I don't know who is who!

Last edited:
Gucci is one of the weakest rappers I've ever had the misfortune of listening to. The OP lost credibility with me on that one. Back then even the gangsta ish like (street life) from scarface had meaning to it. Most of the gangsta back then was telling some ish that they really seen or did,now you got bunch gay looking dudes claiming to be straight G's lol. I'm not really into gangsta music now but i still can listen to them old NWA,scarface,ugk,big mike records. I think mc ren is underrated as a lyricist bigtime. Dudes just took more time into their craft imo,even if they were gangsta you could feel the pain in song. Now all we got is rappers spitting ignorant ish with no meaning period.

When I was young I use to just let this tape play no fwd period! What happen to the story telling mc's like face?

Last edited:
for me hip hop would be great if the lyricism was like in the 90s and the production like today. theres a lot of beatwasters nowadays(see young thug), and i believe that beats are now better than ever. even producers are sometimes more famous than the mcee, but the lyricism is lost.
for example, i would love to see somebody like nas over a mike will beat more often.

Last edited:
Back