Soundclick producers, lease allows up to 2000 copies sold, how do u know?????????????

YUNG DIEZEL

I SEE alotta soundclick producers and it says up to 2000 copies sold, then u have to contct the producer for royalties.

how are u gonna know how much they sold??

I doubt anybody knows, until you see the track that you sold goes certified gold. Most cases, your lease is just getting placed on some random rappers mixtape anyway. But i doubt there is an actual way of tracking it. But if it does become a certified hit. You should have legal documentation to back up your agreement.

I actually have a Digital Audio Signature Tracking Device Installed into my mp3's it reports back to me anytime someone has played the song and if it is being burned to a CD and how many copies of the signature have been made.

I actually have a Digital Audio Signature Tracking Device Installed into my mp3's it reports back to me anytime someone has played the song and if it is being burned to a CD and how many copies of the signature have been made.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

its its just to scare the buyers. lol

i doubt vybe , or alotta other producers on sc have their shits copyrighted.

not the way that would stand up in court, nor the willingness to go to. It's all just a front.

That's why I said **** it, it's not like I'm gonna inforce it. I blatantly say unlimited distribution.

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

Ok James Bond.

i never understood that shyt either, like their really gonna contact you to share the money, lmao... you lucky if you get credit on the song

What about when you lease those beats without signing any contract. Surely this means all these rules the 'producer' puts up dont really mean chit?

i've leased beats and they never ask for the contract lol.

i asked chris mecca if he wanted me to send the contract back, he said "if i want to i can "

lol, its a front to scare the buyers im assuming.

i've leased beats and they never ask for the contract lol.

i asked chris mecca if he wanted me to send the contract back, he said "if i want to i can "

lol, its a front to scare the buyers im assuming.

Ya know more than that I think it's really just Hotboy designs and all them have a template of the guidelines because it's not like anyone really makes them different and they pump out these designs so quick. So Chris Mecca or whoever isn't gonna be like and make sure you put unlimited distribution.

Every layout is the same, text sure as hell won't be. That's one thing I like about DJ NIce.

But there should be a way to stop your $20.00 lease from being some multi-platinum single that is getting tons of money, and you only have the $20.00 to show for it. Thats the only way you can tell how much it sold. If it becomes a huge hit.

But there should be a way to stop your $20.00 lease from being some multi-platinum single that is getting tons of money, and you only have the $20.00 to show for it. Thats the only way you can tell how much it sold. If it becomes a huge hit.

Can you even take a company that would release a song recorded over a mp3 lease file serious? I'm sure that if the song over that $20 lease beat got any kind of momentum the artist or their people would be quick to secure the beat rights and do the proper mixing before it actually took off fully. Although I wouldnt put it past some of the dumbasses in this business to not take this action.

You lease out a track for a rapper to use, you still own the rights to this track, they can't do shiit with it.

Recently I got paid for a beat I gave away for free years ago. The artist was now with a (semi) big company and they wanted to make sure they had the rights to the beat.

I used to be an open critic of soundclick.com. I just wasn't a fan. It wasn't until my team and I started generating a decent amount of money from soundclick.com that I started to take its potential seriously.

The solution to the distribution problem is simple, don't include one. After making a great success run on soundclick.com, my team and I have decided to tweak our business model when it comes to utilizing soundclick. No exclusives, unlimited distribution, expand the services we offer. We want to change the way soundclick is used.

what if you leased the beat a thousand times then someone wants the exclusive? can you still offer that track as an exclusive after a bunch of other cats have leased it?

what if you leased the beat a thousand times then someone wants the exclusive? can you still offer that track as an exclusive after a bunch of other cats have leased it?

Exclusive gives you full rights, leasing doesn't. An artist cannot commercially release they're track unless they own exclusive rights. So Yes you can.

Last edited:
aaahh i always understood that you bought an exclusive because you wanted to be the only one with that beat and so no one else could use it. but i guess that doesnt matter? so you would only need the exclusive for a commercial release, right, i think i understand better

Last edited:
Back