Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: So let's be real for a moment here. Are you in it for the money or for the music?

logic7 is offline old school
    Thanks

So let's be real for a moment here. Are you in it for the money or for the music?

Sign in to disable this ad
    The PC answer is because you want to make good music... But we all know that for some folks trying to get into the biz it's about money... And that's cool and all, but just be real with yourself when you answer this thread.

Are you making these beats for the chance at making money or just for the craft, the art of it?
    "... got a problem with your processor? your gonna have to call pentium for that." - joey tunez

Scottzilla is offline Registered User
    Thanks

mcradoz is offline Member
    Thanks
    1. Money
    likes this.

Da Youngsta is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    The money. I'll leave the "do this for the love of music" for the nerds.

KHz Wilkerson is offline Soldier Member
    Thanks
    BOTH. and the ******* that come with it.
    [URL]http://www.soundcloud.com/killahertzwilkerson[/URL]

BiggRome 2.0 is offline Can you dig it ?
    Thanks
    ... cause I paid a buncha money for all of that ish and it's a great conversation piece and I like to show off when I get drunk and make bangaz in front of guests.

I can't chase the money, I'm too lazy to have a conversation about selling a beat. I don't have the time or patience. Buy it or leave me the hell alone. I don't have the patience to deal with artist - most of them aren't that smart and I get frustrated with dumb people real fast.

I actually do it because of my creative side. I'd be into graphics or something if it weren't for music. I have a little more talent than the average person walking the street so I have to do "something" to express it. I used to rap, that got boring because there are only so many words to use without sounding corny and I've heard all the words that sound fly be used over and over and over. So I like to provide the landscape and let somebody else do the rapping part.

... plus... I just like to see what I can come up with... that's the real reason.

I think music making for money is too time consuming for the solo / at home guy. If you have connections and are out and about - then I think that's great. Even if you aren't getting rich you're making some memories that'll last you forever and you didn't sit at home and make 5 beats a day and waste years of your life.

I like to live... damn being in a room with some hot ass music gear all day, lol.

I found another way to make money. My personality is not built for hustling. I'm honest.
    Last edited by BiggRome 2.0; 01-11-2013 at 02:22 PM.
    , , and 1 others like this.

Desire Inspires is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BiggRome 2.0 View Post

I think music making for money is too time consuming for the solo / at home guy.

My personality is not built for hustling. I'm honest.

I agree. That is why I only do licensing. I send my songs off to music libraries and wait, wait, wait. A year later, I see that some osngs were used on some reality TV shows and I get a few dollars per placement. A few hundred dollars every three months is not bad.
    likes this.

BL3
    BL3 is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Do it for the love ... They money will come after

logic7 is offline old school
    Thanks
    For those that are in it for the money:

If you found out that dudes weren't really gettin money like you thought, would you still do it or find another hustle (or get a job)?

What I mean by that, is that you find out that your favorite producer ain't livin lavish like they might portray on Cribs. He really drives an Accord and has a rental crib and the jewels you saw in rockin' in the video were rented but he has mad placements.
    "... got a problem with your processor? your gonna have to call pentium for that." - joey tunez

Daunte Sky is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by logic7 View Post
    For those that are in it for the money:

If you found out that dudes weren't really gettin money like you thought, would you still do it or find another hustle (or get a job)?

What I mean by that, is that you find out that your favorite producer ain't livin lavish like they might portray on Cribs. He really drives an Accord and has a rental crib and the jewels you saw in rockin' in the video were rented but he has mad placements.
    I do it for both. People bumpin and clubbing to the ish I made all by myself (minus the vocals obvs) is what turns me on to creating music. It just happens to be in a sleazy industry that pays very damn well for the few that do manipulate their way to the top.

But I saw some mtv cribs episode years ago with some producer (forgot who it was, I know somebody is gonna remember for me), but he got a small, kinda dumpy looking house in the hood. Dude had all his gear squeezed in to a tiny bedroom and in his basement had like a ps2 or something that he used to play all his movies on his teeny ass like 22 inch tube-tv lol. In the kitchen he kept a small shoebox on top of his refrigerator and in it he had all his money. Straight cash homie. Like all 1's lmfao, but a lot of them... So some producers actually do live like that.
    Deny Ignorance

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information