Snoop x Swizzy x Kanye working on Doggystyle 2

I'm a Snoop fan, but he's getting ready to place the nail in his coffin.

Dr. Dre, DJ Quik, Teddy Riley, Battle Cat, Warren Campbell, Daz, Kurupt, Nate Dogg, Marsha Ambrosious, and LaToya Williams = Doggystyle 2.

Anything else would be uncivilized.
No Teddy Riley and no LaToya Williams. They wouldn't fit IMO. Marsha Ambrosius isn't likely either, they've never worked together and she isn't on Aftermath so if Dre was involved in the album they wouldn't link up anyway.

No Teddy Riley and no LaToya Williams. They wouldn't fit IMO. Marsha Ambrosius isn't likely either, they've never worked together and she isn't on Aftermath so if Dre was involved in the album they wouldn't link up anyway.

You are obviously not a Snoop fan. LaToya Williams (I don't think you know who she is) is responsible for countless Snoop records. In fact, she was signed to Snoop at one point.

Secondly, DJ Quik, Snoop, and Tedy Riley have a production team called QDT (Quik, Dog and Teddy). They actually put together a string of great records on Ego Trippin'.

Marsha is a writer! Period! That ***** has talent. To discredit their potential collaboration on the premise of: 1) She has never worked with Snoop (on paper), 2) She's not on Aftermath anymore, is ridiculous. A writer will get it in anyway they can.

exactly.......... but dre aint even the dre he used to be and u can probably say the same for daz. he just need some new blood that aint scared to bring that westcoast funk back

Judging by the funky ass bass on "Turns Me On," Dre ain't half-steppin' on funk for Detox. If Snoop was smart he'd wait until Detox is finished and go pick up some leftovers.

I dunno about this. Artists pretty much always set themselves up for failure when they try to do a pt. 2 to their classic albums. This is like if Jay-Z announced a Reasonable Doubt Pt. 2 comin out in 2011. 14 years later!! It's almost laughable.

Not a real big Snoop fan but dude makes hits & is an ICON.

Last edited by a moderator:
as long as its G FUNK does it really matter who makes the beats? Dre wasnt really making the beats back then anyway...that was daz with dr. dre production...like 2001 was mel man and storch, or the nwa records were yella's shit with dr dre production. Ya'll jumping to conclusions real quick.

Btw snoop had some great albums after DoggyStyle.... Top Dogg and The Last Meal rode the **** out! R&G was tight to vibe to with the windows down, and that Blue Carpet Treatment was no joke either. Just cause Snoop aint a lyrical dude doesnt mean his MUSIC is weak.

as long as its G FUNK does it really matter who makes the beats? Dre wasnt really making the beats back then anyway...that was daz with dr. dre production...like 2001 was mel man and storch, or the nwa records were yella's shit with dr dre production. Ya'll jumping to conclusions real quick.

Btw snoop had some great albums after DoggyStyle.... Top Dogg and The Last Meal rode the **** out! R&G was tight to vibe to with the windows down, and that Blue Carpet Treatment was no joke either. Just cause Snoop aint a lyrical dude doesnt mean his MUSIC is weak.

I knew it was a matter of time before somebody posted some bullshit like this.......

You are obviously not a Snoop fan. LaToya Williams (I don't think you know who she is) is responsible for countless Snoop records. In fact, she was signed to Snoop at one point.

Secondly, DJ Quik, Snoop, and Tedy Riley have a production team called QDT (Quik, Dog and Teddy). They actually put together a string of great records on Ego Trippin'.

Marsha is a writer! Period! That ***** has talent. To discredit their potential collaboration on the premise of: 1) She has never worked with Snoop (on paper), 2) She's not on Aftermath anymore, is ridiculous. A writer will get it in anyway they can.
First off, I'm willing to bet I'm a bigger Snoop fan than you. I don't only like Gin n Juice, Drop It Like Its Hot and only his hit songs, I'm an actual fan. I have sh*t from Snoop you've never even heard before, before he even met Dre.

I'm not a fan of LaToya's voice. She can sing, but I just can't stand her honestly. Just my opinion, we're talking about what we think would make a good Doggystyle 2, and that's my opinion. Don't tell me I'm not a Snoop fan just because I might not enjoy certain people that you would enjoy being on his album.

As for Marsha Ambrosius, I was saying it probably wouldn't happen because it won't. He isn't just gonna all of a sudden say "I want to work with Marsha Ambrosius." I'm a fan of hers and I'm not saying I wouldn't like her working with Snoop, just saying it isn't gonna happen. That would be totally random. The most likely scenario for Snoop hooking up with her is through Dre. She isn't on Aftermath anymore so I doubt she has close ties to him now. How am I discrediting her? IT WON'T HAPPEN. That collaboration will not show up on this album (or probably any other Snoop album.) That's what I was saying. Was I saying she SHOULDN'T be on it because she isn't with Dre? No, I was saying she WON'T be.

I know about the production team, and IMO Teddy Riley wouldn't fit on a Doggystyle 2.

I'm stating my opinion. No need to get your feelings hurt about it.

I could see it working if the 3 of them (Snoop, Swizz & Kanye) got together & zoned out to crank out a cohesive effort

on the vocal side, Snoop needs to do it as an update type sequel, where "Doggystyle" has more to do with how your Grandma knows Snoop & how he is on The View & 1 Life 2 Live, and how his original Doggystyle character is transitioning

and on the production side, Swizz & Kanye should split beat duties & let Kanye get his Dre on with the session musicians so it doesn't end up sounding like Gucci Time

Back