Snoop x Swizzy x Kanye working on Doggystyle 2

This is gonna take away from his legacy.

Doggystyle is the only true classic he dropped, everything else has been lackluster (you can make a SMALL argument on maybe 1 album.)

He's trying to regain his relevancy by going back to his classic when he was undeniable but he's just gonna f*ck himself in the process.

And this shouldn't be done without Dre. Snoop was the sh*t back then, but without Dre, would Doggystyle be what it is??? Not a chance.

If it is gonna be a true sequel, it should have alot of funk influence. I think some of the songs Snoop did with The Neptunes came closest to capturing that laid back vibe of Doggystyle, Im not talking about drop it like it's hot btw.

There is no point in making a sequel if it has nothing to do with the original. You might as well just use a different name. A movie sequel isn't gonna remove all of the characters and have a completely random story, it's gonna be a continuation, and a sequel album should be the same thing.

After Malice n Wonderland flopped hard Snoop is just trying to get in the right position again. And he can make a run for it if he does this right. But it doesn't look like that's the case.

Also keep in mind, he kept assuring everybody that he was going back to Doggystyle for Malice n Wonderland and look how that turned out...

Last edited by a moderator:
current dre sound got nothing to do with taht doggystyle sound...we need to hear some music first in order to discuss further. i think it's dope to see this guys in studio,especially kanye.

this gonna be wack...

I only wanna hear Dr. Dre and Daz Dillinger on this...
exactly.......... but dre aint even the dre he used to be and u can probably say the same for daz. he just need some new blood that aint scared to bring that westcoast funk back

IDK...Snoop didnt score his first #1 hit until he started fuggin wit pharrell. They make some good music together and 20 years later he still in the game strong. I think its a good nostalgic move and I think he gone pull it off...

This would normally upset me a little.....but.....I haven't bought an album in a long ass time so I don't give a shit. I listen to old school shit and nothing but. Call it Doggystyle 2 with all 18 Swizz beats... hell make a double album....I'm not excited. Dr.Dre? Maybe with a hot two singles I like. Swizz? :rofl:

For the record, I bought Doggystyle 7 times. Not because of "Dr.Dre" but the formula that was going on. Chronic was still blazing hot when Doggystyle came out.....that's what I'm used to.....a got damn formula...and that shit is broken. Nobody has a formula...maybe Young Money/Cash Money but I ain't feeling they formula.

When are Dre and Snoop gonna realize, they cannot do albums without eachother? Snoop needs Dre's Beats, and Dre needs Snoops rhymes... and Eminems, and Jay-Z's lol.

Last edited:
I think the majority of Fps members understand whats going on with snoop.

He sold out.

He did sell out. Sell out of the record store, sell out of macy's, sell out of concert dates, sell out of TV shows and DVD's.

Snoop has the greatest career of ANY hip hop artist. Your GRANDMOTHER knows who Snoop Dogg is.

What, is he supposed to not be getting money from all these ventures, and just make songs?

You kids better understand this is a business...Snoop got kids to feed.

He did sell out. Sell out of the record store, sell out of macy's, sell out of concert dates, sell out of TV shows and DVD's.

Snoop has the greatest career of ANY hip hop artist. Your GRANDMOTHER knows who Snoop Dogg is.

What, is he supposed to not be getting money from all these ventures, and just make songs?

You kids better understand this is a business...Snoop got kids to feed.

Same thing i was thinking.lol i thought they stop talking that EPMD Crossover Mess once Dre went Platinum.

I'm a Snoop fan, but he's getting ready to place the nail in his coffin.

Dr. Dre, DJ Quik, Teddy Riley, Battle Cat, Warren Campbell, Daz, Kurupt, Nate Dogg, Marsha Ambrosious, and LaToya Williams = Doggystyle 2.

Anything else would be uncivilized.

Back