Shady CXVPHER

88Thao

PHLY
I don't why this hasn't been posted yet....
Dope ish from everyone, Em spazzed but thats normal Em for me. BTW that PRHYME album!

I heard nothing impressive. Em is in my opinion THE BEST LYRICIST in hip hop history. But he's been light with bars for years now. with the absence of a beat to have to ride for control, punchlines are all you have to stand on, I heard nothing AMAZING from any of these guys. A few cool lines, but not enough consistency for all the time they had to pause and catch breath as well for as far off the mark as they were allowed to go.

I've hear better verses on tracks from Lil Wayne than all these guys showed up with, and that's not me speaking good of Lil Wayne, lol.

I guess guys who convince themselves "things go over people's heads" can get into the double entendres they all seemed to be stuck on, but what more does any rapper do to display skills with no background music? Impress me, and make me catch them while you stay on beat without taking a pause for me to "catch up and get what you were saying" like any other kid with a 1st grade education could.

It could be I expect too much from these guys. It's been forever since Em has "wowed" me with a rhyme.

This guy was awesome

Last edited:
lol.........them battle rap dudes got them feeling some kind of way.........acting like they been like that.

Sorry....I can't give them no props on watching unknown dudes and not acknowledging them for the inspiration. Some fuuck shit.

Give me a beat....

Last edited:
^^^My point, way sicker!

And that "compare to Em" line always makes me laugh. Nothing in that 18 minute "freestyle" f**ked with Tech's verse on this, and Em's got plenty of sicker verses than Tech, no disrespect to the bro.

#RegimeLife

Last edited:
^^^My point, way sicker!

And that "compare to Em" line always makes me laugh. Nothing in that 18 minute "freestyle" f**ked with Tech's verse on this, and Em's got plenty of sicker verses than Tech, no disrespect to the bro.

#RegimeLife

I guess we all got opinions lol!! Man you got dead dudes like big pun that'll kill em! Not mention g.o.a.ts like kool g,man you'll get laughed off this dame forum if you wasn't a mod bruh! You must be some youngsta lol. And i'll take tech 9 or jadakiss over em too!

Last edited:
^^^Read better. Lol.

And that line would make you laugh to if you payed attention. Laughing at it is indication Tech did something right. And if I was a kid, i wouldn't have been old enough to have been in the studio with Tech for whole album sessions while I WAS PRODUCING on the Regime Mixtapes he was on.

Last edited:
^^^Read better. Lol.

And that line would make you laugh to if you payed attention. Laughing at it is indication Tech did something right. And if I was a kid, i wouldn't have been old enough to have been in the studio with Tech for whole album sessions while I WAS PRODUCING on the Regime Mixtapes he was on.

You said em was the best lyricist which I wholeheartedly disagree with,but that's your opinion though just as it is my opinion you're wrong.

That other ish I don't even believe.

Last edited:
Oh, so you quoted the wrong post from me, and still can't comprehend phrases such as 'in my opinion". So...yeah...read better. No need to believe anything. You got me, it didn't happen. :cheers:

Oh, so you quoted the wrong post from me, and still can't comprehend phrases such as 'in my opinion". So...yeah...read better. No need to believe anything. You got me, it didn't happen. :cheers:

OK cool bruh can you please post some links to educate me on some of those bars by em that got you so impressed. Im not a big em fan so maybe I missed something. I'm not arguing with you just trying to understand your prospective in this discussion.

D12 - American Psycho - YouTube
Eminem - On Fire lyrics. - YouTube
Eminem - Role Model [HQ & Lyrics] - YouTube
Eminem: Kill You (lyrics) - YouTube
D12 - Shit On You - YouTube
Eminem - Square Dance - YouTube

You've said you were a Pun fan. Myself as well. All opinion, but as much as I loved Pun's music, and as highly as i regard him, when i mention "lyricists", I'm referring to punchlines and ground level wordplay, not saying that's what everyone looks for when they say "lyricist".

I'd put pun on a different plateau because of his style, I'd relate him in the "style" dept. to guys like Tech, Bone thugs, Jay when he raps fast, Twista, ect. In that lane, pun also brings lyrics to the table which makes him shine.

I look at it like stats on Madden. "Lyricists" in my book consist of guys like Sean Price, Eminem, Canibus, Big L, Rass Kass, Chino XL, Cassidy, Bear Witnez, Beanie Sigel, Jadakiss, Redman, Lloyd Banks. Pun was another category in my book, like Jay, B.I.G., Cam'ron, Drake, Wayne, or even 50 Cent.

So while i may give Em a 10/10 in lyrics(when he was nice), he was never able to get that from me for rapping fast(he goes off beat), story telling(never liked his story songs much), beat selection(he's good for picking wack stuff), or coming up with choruses.

So...say Em's a 10 in lyrics and 6 and below in everything else(my opinion), another guy I hold in close second would be Canibus(same stats), Someone like B.I.G. may be an 9.5 in lyrics, and nothing below a 6.5 in any other category mentioned. Who's going to the playoffs? :cheers:

Still stand by what I said, IN MY OPINION, lyrically, no ones touching Em's overall catalog. That's why I get so annoyed when people set me up to listen to new stuff by saying stuff like "he killed it". He "killed" those verses of "square dance". He "killed" the track "kill you". These days he suckerpunches shyt and runs off. Doesn't effect the fact once upon of time he was one of the few MCs that could put together phrases and punchlines that awed me. Again, JUST MY OPINION.

Back