Run the Jewels 2

I posted up the link to DL it the day it got released and everyone slept on commenting :(

I am still listening to it on my ride to and from work, really like the production work on it.
Only song I can say I am not real fond of is Love Again mostly because lyrically it is the weakest on the album IMO.
I would definitely consider it AOTY material though.

Why are you guys not talking about this album?
One of the dopest hiphop albums of the year, IMO.

I just remembered I'm a few days late on it...I've made threads here for each of the 3 singles leading up to the album but haven't even downloaded it yet lol (life has been crazy as of late)

I have no doubts there won't be another hip hop album that will come close to topping it this year...about to listen RIGHT NOW!

I posted up the link to DL it the day it got released and everyone slept on commenting :(

I am still listening to it on my ride to and from work, really like the production work on it.
Only song I can say I am not real fond of is Love Again mostly because lyrically it is the weakest on the album IMO.
I would definitely consider it AOTY material though.

well here is the link again ...

El-P + Killer Mike = Run The Jewels

can't call this place a hip hop forum with a straight face if there are people that aren't bumping this shit

Last edited:
****...not even finished listening to this and I can already say that this is definitely the greatest free hip hop album I've ever heard

I never would have thought I would be completely blown away by a HOOK from these guys...I think these guys are great because of the beats and the rapping....but on the hook on "Lie, Cheat, Steal" is just monstrous..a HUGE wall of sound that strangely happens to be very accessible

the best hook I've heard in a hip hop song in a LONG TIME!

still doesn't overshadow the verses from both El-P and Killer Mike though....****ing unbelievable song in every single way

anyone that is too lazy to download the album because you're unfamiliar with these guys LISTEN TO THIS SONG:

Last edited:
Killer Mike is such a joy to listen to even when he is not rapping....always says everything with passion and authority

here is a great behind the scenes look at them putting the album together...

"Lets put down that long, dope, dark-ass verse to let mutha****as know this shit is real for the next 40 minutes or so"

Last edited:
Had no idea they were going to be on Letterman tonight...musical guest for Halloween is quite fitting I suppose haha

Last edited:
Damn, El-P has come a loooooooonnnnngggg way since his Company Flow days.
This would be the opportune time to come with a new Co Flow album.

Last edited:
Back