Rick Ross "Movin Bass" Feat Jay-Z Prod. by Timbaland

Tink is dope. comparing her to Lauryn is a bit much tho. I can see how she sounds much like her but maaaannnnnnnnn she has to come with the story telling, current events and all to get that lauryn stamp.

Timbo doesn't have the greatest track record with nurturing talent.

He has an eye for it, for sure. Magoo, Bubba, Nicole Wray, Ms Jade, and now this Tink chick.

He just can never nurture it through to fruition. His solution is always to try to let his beats carry the artist, and it doesn't work like that.

Timbo's sound can always bring an edge to the artist...but they have to be developed into being able to deliver the right SONGS.

Wasn't the Timbo/Jay fallout because Timbo's head got too big?

Timbo wanted no parts in BP3 unless he produced everything, Jay was inviting
him over to work on a team and Tim was being a dick about lol.

Dang Timbo.... it's like he is fighting for relevancy. . . Two ways one can look at this.

nigga get your money and sit yo ass down. You just produced probably the best R&B (Bey), POP (20/20) and Rap (MCHG) albums in 2013 and you still trying to fight for the lime light. Niggas would kill for your spot and you over here compromising producer/artist relationships for a spotlight.

BUT on the flipside of that.

If you believe in your heart that this girl is the right one. . .do what you gotta do to get her to the #1 spot.

^^LOL. Interesting. So Tim shouldn't have played the track on the breakfast club, guess he was in promo mode.

But I don't think Ross should have caught feelings like that.

Na that's unprofessional on Timbaland's part.

You don't **** with people's plans like that...

If i'm an artist and a producer does that to me? That's the
last time i work with him.

He's burning bridges and good ones at that.

What's even worst is the fact that he just took an
unknown artist and chopped Jay and Ross verses
in with hers to make it seem like they were all going
back and forth like the LOX, without their permission.

Last edited:
I love the bass i understand that it was probably the whole intension to make that stand out and not add much i guess its personal preference that i'd probably add more melodic instrumentation.

^^LOL. Interesting. So Tim shouldn't have played the track on the breakfast club, guess he was in promo mode.

It's not about feelings, it's about BUSINESS. There's a lot of marketing and promotions planning that goes into an album release, and what order singles are gonna be released in, etc. There's a method to the madness of generating hype for a single.

You can't have someone going and undercutting your plans for what order you want to release singles in, etc. You can't have someone who's supposed to be on the team, going and undermining you marketing scheme for the album.

That's what Timbaland effectively did. He turned the conversation from the Rick Ross record, to WHO'S TINK?! That's a cardinal sin.

Not only that, this isn't the first time that he's leaked records from other people's project. He did it on BP3. All of the records from his camp leaked early.

It was well known that Timbo wanted to be the sole producer on a Jay-Z project, and then when he's not, he goes and leaks records...not only the records that did make the cut, but some ones that DIDN'T make it?

That's someone who's out for self, and not about the TEAM. That's someone that will fcuk up YOU business, for their own personal gain and shine.

That's someone that you can't trust.

Bad, bad move.

Shit is like hearing a remix first and being disappointed at the original like "damn some shit is missing in this MFER!!!"

I just heard Timbo gush about her on this interview...
saying that she has "it", that she's the next Lauren
Hill, that he'll put all his money on her yada yada

He showed her stuff to LA Reid, dude told him
"i don't get it" lol.

She's dope and as dope as Timbaland is he's known
to overhype stuff that ends up going nowhere.

Time will tell.

la reid signed Astro and Marcus Canty, lol

funny how 2 of those vids that were posted by timbo are now muted because of infringement. Can't believe timbo is that far out of touch

Back