REAL 808s

im1ufo

since I've been posting a lot here about my anticipation for Run the Jewels 2 for months now I figured I'd make 1 more thread even though there is already a thread here about RTJ2

I figure this one might get the attention of those that are not 'in the know' ..there has been a lot of hype for this album but I'm not really sure it exists outside of the internet ...the album exceeded all of the hype and my expectations

anyway...even though there are 808s all over this album one song in particular ("Angel Duster) reminded me of this tweet from El-P
808.jpg

I came across a funny quote that describes "Angel Duster" quite well...

The album’s closer Angel Duster is truly cinematic – think James Bond smoking PCP in the projects.

I can't imagine how great this probably sounds spinning the vinyl version on a proper system

I had a real tr-808 once upon a time.. I sold it on ebay a while back for $1400 i think, now they sell for twice that. Wish i never sold it.. smh..

Every one likes them, but every song i heard from them, even this one, sounds very electronic in term of sound, not style. Not my style, i thought they would have a different type of sound. Sound to computer made for me. but every one also act like they are very unique and creattive, but I feel like I've heard these types of beats a lot of times before .. opinions ...

Last edited:
Ive had 2 of them, had to fix the first mistake I made back in 2000. paid a lot more the 2nd time (well kind of, lots in trade), lol.

Back