Rah Digga Says Iggy Azalea Is Not Real & Not Hip-Hop

See thats where you get it twisted, you are still thinking of things in a black/white relationship rather than about hip hop as a whole which incorporates all races and nationalities equally. When you put that divide into it then you are selling hip hop as a culture short.

I don't know how much plainer to explain that and when looked at that way "WE" as a culture can and do have a lot of economic power but "WE" as a culture take the lazy way out and allow others not only to dictate what "WE" want to hear but "WE" buy into it and give it validity by clicking on the YT vids, watching people talk about it on gossip shows, read about it on blogs and give it power in our culture. Every click, every comment and every dollar you spend in relation to something that goes against the culture as a whole or takes it a direction we don't agree with only serves to tear it down further.
I guess I was unclear to a degree. Hip-hop incorporates all cultures today and its always has been the skill, but the tensions we speak of are more commonly sparked around the black-white dichotomy.
You really think this would be a discussion if the girl we were talking about was of middle eastern descent living in France. GTF

Power relationships are implicitly part of these part of these discussions. Who creates? Who appropriates?

Last edited:
Rappers are still stuck on the skills side of things not knowing Iggy would eat they ass alive in the right crowd. And it wouldn't phase Iggy's career in their own crowd. Drake is a prime example. See he smart on a business level. Jay-Z taught him some shit. Law of attraction shit. The shit Nas lacked........and other MCs. The reason they couldn't go further than where they were. The reason Drake is undeniably the dopest MC today "WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT". You can hate it....but you "CANB'T DENY IT...because it would only be yours and other's opinion. See they feed on that numbers shit.....they will beat it in your head about them numbers. That is attraction. Making just how the letters in your name form become greatness more than just the music. That is what Rah is missing.....and others is missing. Be hip hop (of your definition) all you want........it doesn't matter when CNN states you as the best...(with numbers to back that claim.)

It's still hip hop...............love it or hate.

U kno i had alot to write reading the last couple pages...
Niggas are truly delusional n lack critical thinking...
Im glad wild asked what is hip-hop...
Im wondering do some ppl have love for it...
Or is it jst music and la de da everyone is hip-hop who raps if another rapper or cnn says so.. da dee da
So im out...
get a grip troop...!!
Shame that these pages r perminent... well for some
- rappers still stuck on the skill side...lls classic

Last edited:
^^^^ignorance.............you do know this is 2014, right?

Wanna talk skills....lyrics....hip hop..........why isn't Twista on your mind...HUH?

^^^^^O.K....you can stfu now....gone bout your business......you reachin hard now....:cheers:

Last edited:
but the consumers have a choice in the matter as well, in fact they have the ultimate choice.

It's like the other thread about black women in the music industry, the consumer can force the industry to change how they represent women or what is represented as hip hop culture/music/fashion by either buying it or not. this all started at street level and now for some reason every idiot on the block is too dumb to decide for themself what they like or don't like and what they will or won't spend their money on unless some gossip queen like Charlamagne endorses it because the corporations paid him to? GTFOH wit that ish

We can take our own culture back, but people are too lazy to think for themselves and back that up with their dollar. Stop paying those fools and giving them print (such as an 18 page thread) and I guarandamntee ish changes...but here we are 18 pages in talking about some lady whose music has no relevance in our listening habits, so obvioussly she has some level of power over at least this hip hop forum.

You cant sweep it under the rug either.She wasn't even on my radar until my 12 yr old cousin started playing her music. You have to talk about it, educate others. I still ignore her for the most part but my 12 yr old cousin doesnt know any better. He worships her(lol).Young impressionable minds eat that shit up. I have a son as well help raise two young male teen relatives. They still need guidance and one of them is now looking for Iggy type girlfriends not knowing she is a caricature of somebody's imagination. At least he has me to set him straight but others may not be that fortunate.

Last edited:
You cant sweep it under the rug either. You have to talk about it, educate others. I still ignore her for the most part but my 12 yr old cousin doesnt know any better. He worships her(lol).Young impressionable minds eat that shit up. I have a son as well help raise two young male teen relatives. They still need guidance and one of them is now looking for Iggy type girlfriends not knowing she is a caricature of somebody's imagination. At least he has me to set him straight but others may not be that fortunate.

Agreed

I have a 16 year old daughter and the funny thing is the first time we heard Fancy she looks at me and said this song is trash...that beat tho

I chuckled and agreed because honestly the beat is pretty dope to my ears, the lyrics aren't my thing but it does work. Do I view it as hip hop, no but that doesn't mean it doesn't have a valid place in pop music.

Overall it will be a flash in the pan and gone as quickly as it started so iit doesn't reallly affect anything in the bigger picture.

camron.gif

Back