Rah Digga Says Iggy Azalea Is Not Real & Not Hip-Hop

Music is universal period. It all came from something.....people being inoovative with what they already knew......nothing special.

Just when people "capitalize" on the shit is when we try to get deep with understanding.....like mfers overseas googling about trap music and twerkin and crunk making money on documentaries and and giving it a definition .......BUT HATing ATL artist and saying they ruined hyip hop.....shit like that.....

do me a favor & google those two before making that kind of statement

Rah Digga, as the first lady of Busta Rhymes' FlipMode Squad, paved the way for Iggy to do what she's doing. Rah Digga is considered one of the dopest female MCs out there. Doesn't get mentioned as much as Lyte & Latifah or Lauryn, but she definitely had her impact.

No hate on Rah.......she made just a small tiny unnoticable dent........no where near to be compare to those you posted.....

You dry hump and get a NUT....it's still sex.. Great analogy! Whether you like to dry hump is another story.....some people like dry humpin and hand jobs.

Ah, the glory days of dry humping and hand jobs. No spending money on dates, no talking about feelings, no worries about having kids or getting STDs, and all the fun of getting off. Why can't life always be that easy....

There's people that say Nas killed hip-hop with Illmatic, because it was the first album to have the super producer formula of having all the hot producers on one album. I don't get into that kind of division but Nas & Iggy Azalea do not make the same genre of music. I don't care what anybody has to say about it. I'm not the type to act like I didn't like MC Hammer or Will Smith, and I like some of Iggy's stuff but its not the same kind of music. The problem with her is that she seems to be mocking Black people the way she raps. Its kind of a shame that its accepted on the level it is in 2014. I'm not sure if its intentional, because from listening to her interviews she seems like a nice enough person. It could be naivete but there's books and there's google. I don't give any adult a pass for not knowing the historical context of Blackface and the Elvis connotation

Please answer the questions (with examples and not long-winded excuses) that have been repeated over and over again:

1) What artists do you all consider Hip Hop and do you think there is a difference between Hip Hop and Rap?
2) Rock, Country music or Mariachi music doesn't cater to all. Why should hip hop abide by different rules?

Please answer the questions (with examples and not long-winded excuses) that have been repeated over and over again:

1) What artists do you all consider Hip Hop and do you think there is a difference between Hip Hop and Rap?
2) Rock, Country music or Mariachi music doesn't cater to all. Why should hip hop abide by different rules?

1) Far too long a list to type out and yes there is a difference between hip hop and rap. Rap is what a person does, hip hop is what a person is.

2) Yes they are all universal, it is music after all. As for that small list I already addressed thaat rock is a truly universal music. mariachi and the other being less so because they are more a regional form but rock, jazz, hip hop all grew to encompass far more than just their root areas.

this is the twilight zone ... cats in here talking bout dry humpin is still sex, i don't know if you're trolling or out of your damn mind

deuces

These bamas? That is exactly why the East Coast is in shambles. Anybody not on the East is some Bama who cannot comprehend real hip-hop. GTFOH with that BS. And even the DMV isn't considered a real hip-hop area by anyone from NY or NJ. The DMV is a mixture up Northern and Southern culture. So that argument is null and void.

"These bamas" is slang... use to mean south somewhat... but not so much anymore
- common sense says bamas is south (ga fl,al, nc,sc etc)...
- east coast...?? so i have no clue what that meant..

The dmv is a mix between north n south...
- but then u go on to say hip-hop is in the south and we're void...
"We are void b/c NY doesnt consider us hip-hop"..
-yet thats why the coast is n shambles??...
if anyone isnt east.. (but we r east lls)...??
-nothin but contradictions

Well hip-hop is down in Atlanta now. T.I. is from the A. He put Iggy in the game. So all of this non-sense about her not being real hip-hop is a lie. The King himself put her on, so she is real hip-hop now. Just like that.
I cannot understand how a young Australian girl can take over American urban radio with two songs. Oh, yes I can. It's called putting in work.

T.I is king he brought iggy so no matter what she is hip-hop...??

I kinda wish TI would stop acting like he doesn't understand people's frustration based on that, and just say that he made a business decision. He signed her to a publishing deal, meaning he gave her an advance & helps on the A&R side creatively connecting her with artists & producers, and then gets a chunk of the back end money. Which kinda makes me feel a little more at ease about the culture vulture aspect, because you do have a Black man, an actual artist, at the top of that food chain reaping the benefits ... which is historically the opposite. Its like how Jay-Z said "I'm overcharging niggas for what they did to the Cold Crush". And that Black man (TI), is putting out positive family programming and helping out other Black artists, and the community, etc. If you know how radio works, and just the raw numbers ... that the US population, and the radio listenership, and the amount of "pop" stations compared to "urban" stations to mixshow & college radio ... how could you mention charts in a hip hop discussion? You can get on the charts by bypassing the hiphop audience altogether, which is how Macklemore wins a "hiphop" Grammy with no urban airplay, or how Iggy is considered more successful than Nicki ... overall and right at this moment if we're just talking numbers maybe, but not as who has a greater impact on the hip hop culture

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! Don't try to flip the shit.
You are the one to prove why SHE IS NOT!
But6 you can't....because you are mentally stuck on a lie......maybe you were born into "90's" hip hop.
I've proven over and over again why she is...
The rest is for ignorance to vanish....

Thanks for that...
You pretty much let me flip it on you...
you have proven nothin...
n your paragraphs of ignorance do need to vanish...

The worst part is that years from now if somone types iggy on the forums they will have to read what some of you niggas wrote....

edit
- dnt try'n change it now...

Last edited:
hahahaha...this website is still funny thats all that matters

On some real shit though Iggy Azalea is pretty wack in my perspective...wacker than most artists....and its bad cuz thats all they play on the radio...and to hear people say "she made it" its kind of dissapointing, kind of remiiniscent to that Canadian rapper who said he was the best and had half of hip-hop beleving it....that "im so cocky u gotta feel me shit" is wack.

Im so cocky, im just gonna force this on you type shit, im a robot with nothing on my mind but to get cats to feel me, i try so hard u gotta respect the hustle...and once i release a song cats automatically gotta listen to it. Cuz hip-hop dx is gonna be on my dick for the rest of my life cuz, "i made it". I feel like theres no soul in it anymore..nothing worth listening to...im not missing out on anything...just lies, ..and hype. Cats just playing it safe these days because deep down their terrified to feel passionate about something...but im an old school enthusiast and i always want the Pac days to come back...maybe its not realistic to think like that i could be way out of touch reality....im just a bum, ... cats wanna live these days they aint tryna start coastal wars...lol.....east vs west, .....u r scared mayne...but i also have alot of hate in my heart so, seeing people die doesnt scare me it entertains me...im a pretty bad person.

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem with her is that she seems to be mocking Black people the way she raps. Its kind of a shame that its accepted on the level it is in 2014.

My point for the final time is...........IT'S TOO LATE! You and others should've been pissed, protesting, rapping, making songs, ect.... til this day about this...

Naw man........yall trying to get money JUST LIKE IGGY.....just like MACKLEMOORE.......the shit gets old yall. Yall need to quit trippin and DO SOMETHing abOUT THE SHIT....if it bothers you. As many rappers who have gotten butt hurt over these white artist in hip hop making that GWOP and taking over shit while they ain't eattin....you would think that THE SO CALLED MFING HIP HOP COMMUNITY would have a ring of "L.A Riot hip hop like mentalities" with material back to back. THAT'S WHAT YOU DO!!! And the people will follow. NAW....yall give her all the attraction......(my point). YALL HAVEN'T EVEN SET THE TONE FOR THE SHIT....INWHIch you hould havE DONE A LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG TIME AGO. lol! So I don't want to hear it.

Other dude too immature for this convo......using words like bama and shit..........and talking what's hip hop and what's not in the same breath.....FOH.......Know no grown folks using that word except for them dudes staying at they folks house.

Bama = YO KID........ole yo kid face ass. Grown folks don't say "YO Kid" in 2014......"word up..... I rolls dolo from state to state"...face ass.

Ole..............2001 is the first hip hop album I ever downloaded......head ass....

actually rock music is very much a universal music and is both listened to and created in pretty much every country.

Rock music is no different than any other genre of music-It is not inclusive of all. That's why there are different genres of music. Each having it's own distinctive artists, target market audience etc.... There is no music that tries to cater to everyone on the planet. The world doesn't work that way. Do you think the same person who buys a country music cd is the same person who would purchase a Lil Wayne or Tyga cd? Different strokes for different folks. It's always been that way. Corporations say hip hop is universal for their benefit. it just means the corporations are gonna rape the culture and peddle it throughout the universe(lol) If a Black man maufactured an accent, and tried to become a Rock or Country music star, I just don't see him getting love like iggy. He'd be exposed for the fraud he is. Save the Aaaron Neville retort, he's the Marshal Mathers of country music. Hip Hop was a culture that has been stripped of its identity a long time ago. If you don't know any better ,they'll have you believing an austrailian white girl rapping in a terrible ghetto accent is okay and acceptable.

Last edited:
Thanks for that...
You pretty much let me flip it on you...
you have proven nothin...
n your paragraphs of ignorance do need to vanish...

The worst part is that years from now if somone types iggy on the forums they will have to read what some of you niggas wrote....

edit
- dnt try'n change it now...

Child's play. The truth has been spoken. Iggy..........Vanilla Ice........Macklemoore.......Marky Mark............all hip hop......whether you listen to them, like them...disagree...hate them...or not. FACTS!

2Pac........was a "HIP HOP artist"..........just like Iggy........just like Biggie......FACTS!

I wouldn't give a fuuck who saw this in the future.....because they dealing with the TRUTH...unbiased facts. Unlike yall who only determine shit with your EARS........or stick with your "BIASED GROUPS.

How are you going to be "BIASED" and go up against facts? You have no 80's in you.....that says enough right there.....to put an end to a lot of the bullshit myths of what hip hop should be. You are document searching....I was there UNBIASEDLY!

lol.........while yall talking shit.....I was having this same convo defending HAMMER way back then..........TOOO BLACK FOLKS!!!!! A DEAD GUM SHAME how the media and what you "watch" can persuade you to think how the fuuick you think. So instead of Hammer being a positve black role model in black history....providing jobs, looking out for his people, and taking HIP HOP.....(GRANDE HIP HOP and not that pee wee shit) to another level with some of the BEST DEAD GUM CONCERT EVER......you poor, negative ass folks in hip hop only know him for what "the media" and the "lost MFERS" have passed down. They called him a sell out......and all of those ignorant ass rappers you love WANTED ATtWENTion like rah did........SO THEY ADDED TO THE FUUCKING UP of a great name.

And his name was fuucked for what?

Halfed assed hip hop that you defined as hip hop. No more dancing.........you don't like dancing til this day....because you one of "them" type MFERS.....A HALF ASSED HIP HOP dude. But hip hop lives with dance in it today.....hip hop is still fun today..........but all you half assed mfers wanted to do is smoke weed and waste your mfing time with WORDS....(TIL THIS MFING day).

Hammer.....a real hip hop legend.

Yall mfers just fuuck up shit man.....yall do nothing positive for hip hop. AND it's too many of you mfers.......that's why hip hop ain't shit.....it's a conspiracy and you don't even know it.

Last edited:
Rock music is no different than any other genre of music-It is not inclusive of all. That's why there are different genres of music. Each having it's own distinctive artists, target market audience etc.... There is no music that tries to cater to everyone on the planet. The world doesn't work that way. Do you think the same person who buys a country music cd is the same person who would purchase a Lil Wayne or Tyga cd? Different strokes for different folks. It's always been that way. Corporations say hip hop is universal for their benefit. it just means the corporations are gonna rape the product and peddle it throughout the universe(lol)

You missed the point entirely...as usual.

The point was that it appeals to people of all nations "universally or to be more correct the term should be "cross culturally" regardless of country, language, upbringing etc.

Look at this forum as an example of the amazingly huge cross section of people from a variety of countries who want to get involved in the production angle, then take a look at the number of people from other countries and cultures who listen to x type of music. Genre and sub-genre be damned since it has all been so bastardized and they feed off each other and grow from each other to the point where categorization of all but the most generic of terms is even valid anymore.

Take rock music for example, how many sub categories of rock music is there? But when you boil it all down the roots still go back to rock music...and even further it all goes back to blues in it's purest sense...which owes it's existence to a large degree to jazz. In fact you could probably argue this all the way back to sticks on logs if you really wanted to.

You want to feel superior in that you can argue semantics, well then lets argue semantics about hip hop then. Hip hop was built off the backs of other peoples works and recordings. Now prove me wrong.

Last edited:
You missed the point entirely...as usual.

You want to feel superior in that you can argue semantics, well then lets argue semantics about hip hop then. Hip hop was built off the backs of other peoples works and recordings. Now prove me wrong.

I'm flattered. i'm just a brotha with an opinion. It's not about Iggy's skin color to me.It's more about her being a gimmick. I'm talking from a strictly business standpoint and attacking the corporations who pimp the music not the consumers.

Last edited:
I'm flattered. i'm just a brotha with an opinion. It's not about Iggy's skin color to me.It's more about her being a gimmick. I'm talking from a strictly business standpoint and attacking the corporations who pimp the muisc not the consumers.

but the consumers have a choice in the matter as well, in fact they have the ultimate choice.

It's like the other thread about black women in the music industry, the consumer can force the industry to change how they represent women or what is represented as hip hop culture/music/fashion by either buying it or not. this all started at street level and now for some reason every idiot on the block is too dumb to decide for themself what they like or don't like and what they will or won't spend their money on unless some gossip queen like Charlamagne endorses it because the corporations paid him to? GTFOH wit that ish

We can take our own culture back, but people are too lazy to think for themselves and back that up with their dollar. Stop paying those fools and giving them print (such as an 18 page thread) and I guarandamntee ish changes...but here we are 18 pages in talking about some lady whose music has no relevance in our listening habits, so obvioussly she has some level of power over at least this hip hop forum.

but the consumers have a choice in the matter as well, in fact they have the ultimate choice.

It's like the other thread about black women in the music industry, the consumer can force the industry to change how they represent women or what is represented as hip hop culture/music/fashion by either buying it or not. this all started at street level and now for some reason every idiot on the block is too dumb to decide for themself what they like or don't like and what they will or won't spend their money on unless some gossip queen like Charlamagne endorses it because the corporations paid him to? GTFOH wit that ish

We can take our own culture back, but people are too lazy to think for themselves and back that up with their dollar. Stop paying those fools and giving them print (such as an 18 page thread) and I guarandamntee ish changes...but here we are 18 pages in talking about some lady whose music has no relevance in our listening habits, so obvioussly she has some level of power over at least this hip hop forum.
I disagree, it's too late.
Plus, black folk ain't been the economic engine of hip-hop in at least 20 years. The goal of both white and black execs is to sell to the biggest audience possible.
The reality is that finding a white or interracial artist with a decent image and respectable skill is a potential gold mine. Dre realized this with Em and TI realized it with Iggy.
All you need is an established artist to co-sign on their "real hip-hop" certificate.

I disagree, it's too late.
Plus, black folk ain't been the economic engine of hip-hop in at least 20 years. The goal of both white and black execs is to sell to the biggest audience possible.
The reality is that finding a white or interracial artist with a decent image and respectable skill is a potential gold mine. Dre realized this with Em and TI realized it with Iggy.
All you need is an established artist to co-sign on their "real hip-hop" certificate.

See thats where you get it twisted, you are still thinking of things in a black/white relationship rather than about hip hop as a whole which incorporates all races and nationalities equally. When you put that divide into it then you are selling hip hop as a culture short.

I don't know how much plainer to explain that and when looked at that way "WE" as a culture can and do have a lot of economic power but "WE" as a culture take the lazy way out and allow others not only to dictate what "WE" want to hear but "WE" buy into it and give it validity by clicking on the YT vids, watching people talk about it on gossip shows, read about it on blogs and give it power in our culture. Every click, every comment and every dollar you spend in relation to something that goes against the culture as a whole or takes it a direction we don't agree with only serves to tear it down further.

The game aint right cuz im not in it......hahahahaha Thats a mental state , my whole life...lloll..

Back