Rah Digga Says Iggy Azalea Is Not Real & Not Hip-Hop

^^^Very poor excuses. Sorry. When you in the booth.....they all are equal. IDGAD about the content of the song they writing about, their life story, thier financial status, their personal whatever. BOTTOM LINE............she is an artist.......she DOES HER MFING JOB! The same as those gangsta rappers who have brain washed you.....ironically.

versace...................versace, versace..................versace, versace.....

You just don't get it! Once everyone found out she doesn't write her own rhymes she became an easy target. You can keep trying to fight it all you want.

Once everyone found out she doesn't write her own rhymes she became an easy target. You can keep trying to fight it all you want.

O.K....didn't know that. Where is this "info"? I still stand by what I said regardless though. She an artist........yall still love Foxy and Lil Kim.....people were writing their shit. People wrote for Puffy and Dr.Dre. Hell other rappers write verses for other rappers on the same song ALL THE TIME.

More of those bullshit hip hop rules that never existed.

Last edited:
Some of you dudes clearly just don't get it and have a definition of Hip Hop you got from a magazine or some MTV documentary...it is what it is.

Iggy is doing her thing and that's cool, no one has a problem with that...but PLEASE don't try to convince me that she's Hip Hop - you'd have better luck convincing me she's EDM, Country or Seattle Grunge.

"But, what's that? Maroon 5 isn't Seattle Grunge? But, but...they both play guitars and sing harmonies!!!! How dare you, with all these "rules"!!!! GTFOHWDBS

Here's a homework assignment for you this week - leave the county, go downtown and find a spot that has open mic nights, bboys dancing or just some laid back positive people playing Rap/Hip Hop/whatever. PLEASE have this discussion you're having with us and see what others are saying.

Next thing I know I'll have people trying to convince me Taylor Swift is Hip Hop cuz she spit a couple bars on the Shake It Off remix. But, music has all these rules!!!!!

This isn't mutually exclusive to Hip Hop, either - try talking to some dubstep heads and ask them how they feel about Skrillex.

Last edited:
Here's a homework assignment for you this week - leave the county, go downtown and find a spot that has open mic nights, bboys dancing or just some laid back positive people playing Rap/Hip Hop/whatever. PLEASE have this discussion you're having with us and see what others are saying.

You really thought you said some shit didn't you. lol!

It's hard for you to just admit that you don't like her music.

I mean DAMN DUDE........there is good and bad in all genres. There are terrible ass trap beats and boom bap beats......but they are what they are.....someone blow up off of it, it doesn't mean that "OH IT's mainsTREAM it doN'T COUnt for SHIT......

So what you and others are basically saying is if the music sucks to you....then it ain't hip hop even though it has all of the elements....FOH.

Nuff said......yall ain't making no sense man....this is TOOOOOOOOOO EASY!!!!

^^^^That's Hip Hop baby!!!

Biggie and Pac and nem messed yall heads up...

"Rah Digga says..."

Who the f*** is Rah Digga?!?

That video said "Rah Digga, 99". As in 1999? 15 years ago? That was her last song on the charts? FOH.

Last edited:
Rah Digga put out her only major label album when Flip Mode was the squad. She put out a solid album but she hasn't been on a major, and a lot of older artists, Busta included, have trouble adjusting to the way the digital age works. So she's not gonna be on the charts like that without a major. Doesn't lessen her impact from when she was on there, and it doesn't mean she's been active since then. I know she put out a project with Nottz a couple years ago I believe. But this is why using the hip hop as a blanket term is silly ... if you know how radio works, and just the raw numbers ... that the US population, and the radio listenership, and the amount of "pop" stations compared to "urban" stations that wouldn't even play a Rah Digga record to mixshow & college radio ... how could you mention charts in a hip hop discussion? You can get on the charts by bypassing the hiphop audience altogether, which is how Macklemore wins a "hiphop" Grammy with no urban airplay, or how Iggy is considered more successful than Nicki ... overall and right at this moment if we're just talking numbers maybe, but not as who has a greater impact on the hip hop culture and who that audience is feeling and goes around quoting. Like I said, Fancy is in commercials without the hook & it was right on time with that fake DJ Mustard beat. She doesn't really get credit for that. And then there was the iHeart Radio program that blasted her song tons of times across all Clear Channel formats to help her get her spins up. Relevance as it relates to how long ago you had chart success is not the same has how relevant you are to hip hop fans. However there's a segment of the ffans that rely on that, which is why even if you say Iggy is hip hop, her and Rah Digga are 2 different sub-genres and shouldn't be judged as such. Iggy is like one of the Spice Girls to me. If people like Forbes wouldn't going around saying stupid shit like this white australian girl runs hip hop, Rah Digga wouldn't be commenting, people wouldn't be chasing her down for an interview about it, and we wouldn't be having this conversation

Take this forum for instance ... the Rap & Hip-Hop & R&B forum ... you got people that lived through MC Lyte & Latifah and you got people that had to read to find out who Rah Digga was and you have people that don't understand the historical context of Iggy's "blackface" rap even when told. It is what it is, but you could avoid the more heated discussions if there was more accurate categories, to where you wouldn't be talking about Rah Digga & Iggy in the same conversation, and Rah Digga wouldn't feel the need to comment. Would you ask Luther Vandross why he doesn't sing like Chuck Berry? or would you ask any "rock" artist why they don't sing like Chuck Berry or Elvis for that matter?

I aint herd that song n a while....
So how does that relate to iggy...
I herd so much... but still havnt herd how she is hip-hop...
-maybe tomaroe??
Like wild said... id really love to see this point argued at ur nearest barbershop...
I def feel u on ur stance...^^^

Last edited:
-maybe tomaroe??
Like wild said... id really love to see this point argued at ur nearest barbershop...
I def feel u on ur stance...^^^

They ain't tryna hear it and I would love to know where these cats are from. I see you're from the DMV also, so I already know how you get down. These bamas are probably in Iowa or Kentucky tryna talk out of turn about what is Hip Hop. The fact you cats are even having this discussion shows how clueless you are. This is like arguing with a virgin about the benefits of dry humping FOH. "But dry humping is still sex...all these rules!!!!"

They ain't tryna hear it and I would love to know where these cats are from. I see you're from the DMV also, so I already know how you get down. These bamas are probably in Iowa or Kentucky tryna talk out of turn about what is Hip Hop. The fact you cats are even having this discussion shows how clueless you are. This is like arguing with a virgin about the benefits of dry humping FOH. "But dry humping is still sex...all these rules!!!!"

These bamas? That is exactly why the East Coast is in shambles. Anybody not on the East is some Bama who cannot comprehend real hip-hop. GTFOH with that BS. And even the DMV isn't considered a real hip-hop area by anyone from NY or NJ. The DMV is a mixture up Northern and Southern culture. So that argument is null and void.

Well hip-hop is down in Atlanta now. T.I. is from the A. He put Iggy in the game. So all of this non-sense about her not being real hip-hop is a lie. The King himself put her on, so she is real hip-hop now. Just like that.

I cannot understand how a young Australian girl can take over American urban radio with two songs. Oh, yes I can. It's called putting in work. All of the critics like Lord Jamar and Rah Digga are not doing anything. They never really did anything of critical value back in the day either.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! Don't try to flip the shit.

You are the one to prove why SHE IS NOT!

But6 you can't....because you are mentally stuck on a lie......maybe you were born into "90's" hip hop.

I've proven over and over again why she is.......it's not even hard to prove....given the ultimate reason why......in a way that you should understand the point of view...

The rest is for ignorance to vanish....

"But dry humping is still sex...all these rules!!!!"

This is the reason SHE STILL IS HIP HOP! Thanks for more proof. You dry hump and get a NUT....it's still sex.. Great analogy! Whether you like to dry hump is another story.....some people like dry humpin and hand jobs.

Anybody not on the East is some Bama who cannot comprehend real hip-hop. GTFOH with that BS. And even the DMV isn't considered a real hip-hop area by anyone from NY or NJ. The DMV is a mixture up Northern and Southern culture. So that argument is null and void.

Well hip-hop is down in Atlanta now.

Hip Hop isn't some trophy that gets moved from city to city like a championship...and then the dude said Jamar never did anything back in the day SMH. Do you even know who he is??

I'm so lost as to what you're talking about and realize that when you argue with a fool from a distance you both look like fools. This thread has digressed into one person discussing apples (Rah Digga with myself, Ant, BoomBap and a few others in agreement) while other people are discussing and vehemently defending oranges.

Last edited:
I couldn't care less about either artist here. But people need to stop being shocked at "fake". Or at least, be consistent about our views about it.

Slam one industry or product for being cheap plastic, but defend another? Not my style. What you see everyday is highly fake, processed, and molded by people who are trying to make money off consumers who don't care.

I just picture Iggy haters whining like "but... But... She's ruining it!"

Shits already ruined, and it hardly matters. This is just another person's 15 minutes. Blame it on everyone and everything. It's just how it is.

Last edited:
One of the great things about this site is we all come from different eras of music, different locations around the world and different view points. I hear what many of you are saying about Iggy and Hip Hop - I just grew up with a different definition than what many others are saying and am interested to hear what others define it as.

What artists do you all consider Hip Hop and do you think there is a difference between Hip Hop and Rap?

I really need this question answered: I'm trying to understand other's logic when they say Rap music is universal.

Rock, Country music or Mariachi music doesn't cater to all. Why should hip hop abide by different rules?

I really need this question answered: I'm trying to understand other's logic when they say Rap music is universal.

Rock, Country music or Mariachi music doesn't cater to all. Why should hip hop abide by different rules?
actually rock music is very much a universal music and is both listened to and created in pretty much every country.

Shits already ruined, and it hardly matters.

Point blank! Like I said before....your too late for a rant on the state of hip hop.

You don't want to say a dead gum thang about Run DMC......for a number of reasons.......I was going to explain but naaaaaaaaaaah....

You feel how you feel......because of one moment in hip hop that changed into what you think of as hip hop today..............and then all these "real hip hop rappin ass dudes" started capitalizing off of it...

And YOU trYING TO DO THE AME MFING THANG....

so miss us all with that 90's state of mind bullshit.....mmmmkay......

And Bama is a great mfing state....watch yo mfing mouth..I don't give a damn about yo slang...:)

Last edited:
All of the critics like Lord Jamar and Rah Digga are not doing anything. They never really did anything of critical value back in the day either.

do me a favor & google those two before making that kind of statement

Rah Digga, as the first lady of Busta Rhymes' FlipMode Squad, paved the way for Iggy to do what she's doing. Rah Digga is considered one of the dopest female MCs out there. Doesn't get mentioned as much as Lyte & Latifah or Lauryn, but she definitely had her impact.

Lord Jamar from the legendary Brand Nubian ... just do some reading about that group. He also made an appearance on Ego Trip's White Rapper Show with MC Serch lol. He had dreads then, but he was the one telling John Brown that he seemed to be mocking Black people with his "Ghetto Revival" catch phrase

I do agree that a lot of New Yorkers, at least back in the day, have that exclusive just us mentality, but you can't say that those 2 did nothing of importance. I understand if you weren't around when it was happening, but we're on the internet and the information is out there.

Last edited:
Back