Rah Digga Says Iggy Azalea Is Not Real & Not Hip-Hop

:cheers:

The only thing she hasn't converted is the screen presence, probably because she has a face for radio not the big screen.
Christina Aguilera followed the exact same path but not to the same level of success.

Britney was on that same path but never had the voice to sustain an album of that type, but they got in the studio to give it a shot (there are reels out there of it)
Fascinating, I recall Christina trying to go that route many years ago,but I never really picked up on it being some sort of trend.

I don't even listen to the radio. I listen to instrumentals and audio books when I'm driving. It aint that serious to me. I try and think outside the box and see things from other people's perspective sometimes so I can see why some would be offended. I was just expressing my issues with her. I am very practical and I know for a fact if the situation were reverse in any other situation, that artist would not be embraced. Back in the days artists who were unauthentic were called out like MILLI VANILLI. Today being fake is acceptable and okay almost the norm.

Why would you have such issues with someone you're not even a fan of? It almost seems like you're looking for something to be offended by to validate their dislike for her and her music. Critiquing the "authenticity" of someone you don't enjoy listening to seems rather pointless.

Why would you quote me if you're not going answer the question?
You said she was going "straight for that black, hiphop culture acceptance" (your exact words)
and I asked how is that happening when her first single is a pop radio track with a british slutwave chick only hipsters knew about before Fancy blew up?
I can't even say the Gwen Stefani comparison is even valid since no one under 30 would even remember that song or remember what Gwen even sounds like anymore for it to matter.

Son the chick is rapping in what sounds like a black southern accent, she
almost sounds like a white Eve...

What more proof do you need? If she wasn't trying to also appeal to
a black demographic she would be rapping in her Australian accent... lol.

That's why everyone is getting at her. That's why Rah Digga is saying
what she's saying... you think Rah Digga would be rallying behind her
if she came out rapping in her Australian accent? Na, she would probably
say "what is this wack ass Australian shit... that shit ain't hip-hop"

It's the look like a white girl, rap like a black girl gimmick that is rubbing
the old heads wrong... but the youth? Who so happen to dictate hiphop
culture, regardless of what you and i may think.. black and white are gobbling
her gimmick up.

I'm not necessarily talking about the kind of record but more or so how
she sounds on the record... and truth be told pop singles make it easier
for an artists to be accepted in hip-hop regardless of what the "keep it
real" heads may say.

Son the chick is rapping in what sounds like a black southern accent, she
almost sounds like a white Eve...

What more proof do you need? If she wasn't trying to also appeal to
a black demographic she would be rapping in her Australian accent... lol.

That's why everyone is getting at her. That's why Rah Digga is saying
what she's saying... you think Rah Digga would be rallying behind her
if she came out rapping in her Australian accent? Na, she would probably
say "what is this wack ass Australian shit... that shit ain't hip-hop"

It's the look like a white girl, rap like a black girl gimmick that is rubbing
the old heads wrong... but the youth? Who so happen to dictate hiphop
culture, regardless of what you and i may think.. black and white are gobbling
her gimmick up.

I'm not necessarily talking about the kind of record but more or so how
she sounds on the record... and truth be told pop singles make it easier
for an artists to be accepted in hip-hop regardless of what the "keep it
real" heads may say.

Splitting hairs, basically.

Why would you have such issues with someone you're not even a fan of? It almost seems like you're looking for something to be offended by to validate their dislike for her and her music. Critiquing the "authenticity" of someone you don't enjoy listening to seems rather pointless.

If you have to ask you don't understand. I said a few times the accent was offensive to me as a Black man. Unless you have Black skin, let it go. Not only did she choose a fake accent. She felt the need to take it to the hood and imitate Black people. We don't even talk like that.

Last edited:
Fascinating, I recall Christina trying to go that route many years ago,but I never really picked up on it being some sort of trend.

She had/has an amazing voice that did the job well and she could have transitioned easily.

Not sure I would call it a trend but the formula had been set by Madonna. If you look at her career in fact it takes a spin on others who came before her but she added her own twist and basically became the Michael Jackson of the female singers, even Whitney couldn't touch the longevity and variety of her success. So now all the women who follow her are held to that level, whether someone will come along and change the formula any time soon remains to be seen, but for 30 years now her formula has stood as the de facto bar to hit.

If you have to ask you don't understand. I said a few times the accent was offensive to me as a Black man. Unless you have Black skin, let it go. Not only did she choose a fake accent. She felt the need to take it to the hood and imitate Black people. We don't even talk like that.
Of course, I don't understand, that's why I asked. I am not the type of individual that gets offended by petty, inconsequential things as an accent. You're from the 'Bay, right? I thought a guy that loves 2Pac and beats people up (by accident) wouldn't be so...sensitive if that is the right word to describe it.

She had/has an amazing voice that did the job well and she could have transitioned easily.

Not sure I would call it a trend but the formula had been set by Madonna. If you look at her career in fact it takes a spin on others who came before her but she added her own twist and basically became the Michael Jackson of the female singers, even Whitney couldn't touch the longevity and variety of her success. So now all the women who follow her are held to that level, whether someone will come along and change the formula any time soon remains to be seen, but for 30 years now her formula has stood as the de facto bar to hit.

You might get a kick out of this article.
Ariel Pink Says He's Been Asked to Work on Madonna's New Album to Stop Her "Downward Slide" | News | Pitchfork

why didnt nikki's image get blasted like this when as a Black American Female uses a fake british accent, and even worse, blames it on an alter ego..{on par with someone with severe mental issues}..its one of those situations where u are damned if you do..damned if you dont

why didnt nikki's image get blasted like this when as a Black American Female uses a fake british accent, and even worse, blames it on an alter ego..{on par with someone with severe mental issues}..its one of those situations where u are damned if you do..damned if you dont

I'll never try to explain Nikki's logic in going pop. It was brilliant though. She made a lot of money. Me personally I would have never suggested it but she obviously knew what she was doing.

Last edited:
Would you guys be ok if n 30 years iggy is seen as one of the best "hip-hop artist to live...
-not female
- including but not limited to: album sales...billboard singles..etc
What about if theres 3 other iterations of her that are selling millions and topping the charts of the hip-hop sector...??
Your grandkids playin young ig from denmark...
If their seen as the goats... is this "ok"

edit:
I get where u were goin benji.... ive heard reference to iggy...
One being "Vocal BlackFace" duhn duhn duhhhn....

Last edited:
Would you guys be ok if n 30 years iggy is seen as one of the best "hip-hop artist to live...
-not female
What about if theres 3 other iterations of her that are selling millions and topping the charts of the hip-hop sector...??
As long as I still have my music collection or at least access to music I like, I wouldn't care.

-not female

of course but that is all hypothetical..I can come up with a million possibilities for you to be pissed off in 30 years...you guys are focusing on the usual subjects..but on the much larger scale..this is bigger than demographics..this is about the new world order..one world government..one world currency..one world religion..one world hollywood..one world everything..think about it

of course but that is all hypothetical..I can come up with a million possibilities for you to be pissed off in 30 years...you guys are focusing on the usual subjects..but on the much larger scale..this is bigger than demographics..this is about the new world order..one world government..one world currency..one world religion..one world hollywood..one world everything..think about it

dafuq??:alcoholic:

While it is hypothetical can it not be done...
I mean heres a thread 6 pages long n most of us dnt even care for her...
I've seen people calling her the up n coming queen of..... "hip-hop... not tlkn forbes
- this is a problem...
If she is ever considered the face or goat think what will come after her....
You guys talked about the formula... well when young ig from denmark follows her formula n....
All im saying is we can be passive... but that dnt mean she's not gaining traction...

N i hear u pump...
I've been archiving since "04"... net neutrality cnt slow me down....
-see what i did there alien...

yea i think everyone is overreacting ..nobody knew who she was 6 months ago..so far she has been a one hit wonder ..i don't know.. i haven't heard her song..bcuz i don't care to..in fact i don't listen to any new mainstream bubblegum..how would u like if singapore was named the burger and fries capital of the world?..nah man that shit is American!!...samething with hip hop...some australian female{no offense} is the queen of hip hop??...they are conditioning the younger generation to the world stage..imagine the money involved in a one world hollywood...rediculous amounts of cheese

Back