Rah Digga Says Iggy Azalea Is Not Real & Not Hip-Hop

The more people keep talking about her the longer she is going to hang around because they are just perpetuating the buzz that surrounds her. Quit mentioning her and she will drop off.

Is it just me or has hip hop become more about the gossip than the music over the last few years?

some ppl are stuck in the past..learn to adapt to a modern industry and maybe u won't be thinking to urself why YOU arent successful ..people are so salty ...they act like iggy is the only one who doesnt write ..and if u know anything about music its definitely ok to change ur voice..we have had wack music for years..nobody said shit until iggy came out....h8ers

I can understand her perspective. Corporate powers are forcing Iggy on the entire industry. Anyone catch her bad performance on SNL. Personally I don't blame her. She was supposed to do choreographed dance moves while rapping onstage. She'd have to build up cardio just to get through that rigorous performance. it's like they want her to be Nikki Minaj and Madonna at the same time. That 360 deal has them pimping her big time.

Last edited:
Oh God...more of NYC rappers crying because they're not in the forefront of the game.

Iggy embodies what hip hop is all about. INCLUSION FOR EVERYBODY.

Hip Hop had to kick the door down, because it wasn't considered REAL MUSIC. Now Hip Hop is trying to exclude people for not being "real hip hop"??

GTFOHWTBS

Oh God...more of NYC rappers crying because they're not in the forefront of the game.

Iggy embodies what hip hop is all about. INCLUSION FOR EVERYBODY.

Hip Hop had to kick the door down, because it wasn't considered REAL MUSIC. Now Hip Hop is trying to exclude people for not being "real hip hop"??

GTFOHWTBS

Inclusion is one thing, being a walking caricature is another. Iggy is the latter.

I can understand her perspective. Corporate powers are forcing Iggy on the entire industry. Anyone catch her bad performance on SNL. Personally I don't blame her. She was supposed to do choreographed dance moves while rapping onstage. She'd have to build up cardio just to get through that vigorous performance. it's like they want her to be Nikki Minaj and Madonna at the same time. That 360 deal has them pimping her big time.

I agree but I also think it is a testament of the current state of the proverbial industry...and they are DESPERATE...i dont really understand it sometimes though..don't you think it would be easier to take someone with raw talent and mold them into superstar material...{ie, fashion, cosmetics, choreography, sex appeal} as opposed to taking someone with a big darriere with no skills and try to mold them into a superstar??..

Inclusion is one thing, being a walking caricature is another. Iggy is the latter.

As is Nikki Minaj but nobody is all up in arms doing interviews about how she is destroying hip hops image and culture.

Or does Nikki get a pass simply because she is black? (legit question)

I agree but I also think it is a testament of the current state of the proverbial industry...and they are DESPERATE...i dont really understand it sometimes though..don't you think it would be easier to take someone with raw talent and mold them into superstar material...{ie, fashion, cosmetics, choreography, sex appeal}
If they could make more Nicki's, they would've already.

As is Nikki Minaj but nobody is all up in arms doing interviews about how she is destroying hip hops image and culture.

Or does Nikki get a pass simply because she is black? (legit question)

Yes and because I don't mind discussing race Nicki is what the masses expect many if not all Black women to look like and she is simply following the path blazed by Foxy, Kim, Trina, etc. whereas Iggy is denying where she's from, not that Nicki gives Jamaica, Queens a shout-out everytime she opens her mouth but Iggy is playing a role.

Yes and because I don't mind discussing race Nicki is what the masses expect many if not all Black women to look like and she is simply following the path blazed by Foxy, Kim, Trina, etc. whereas Iggy is denying where she's from, not that Nicki gives Jamaica, Queens a shout-out everytime she opens her mouth but Iggy is playing a role.

So maybe I am not getting this, you are saying that Nikki is what the masses expect so she plays into that role and is a character not of her own creation but from a mold that others used and she is legit and worthy of notice.

Iggy using the same mold and making moves under the same structure, playing into the masses but is not legit or worthy of notice.

This creates a very interesting double standard.

So maybe I am not getting this, you are saying that Nikki is what the masses expect so she plays into that role and is a character not of her own creation but from a mold that others used and she is legit and worthy of notice.

Iggy using the same mold and making moves under the same structure, playing into the masses but is not legit or worthy of notice.

This creates a very interesting double standard.

It is a double standard which doesn't surprise me as society is full of them and I'll admit I take neither artist seriously.

Meh, let the girl live. I'm nowhere near a fan of her, I hate her voice and cringe whenever they play her on the radio at work, BUT these old heads are embarrassing themselves dissing ol' girl, though. Its to the point where the shit sounds petty as hell (Attacking the girl for not rapping about Australia? No one wants to hear raps about kangaroos, boomerangs and shit). This reminds me when Ice T embarrassed himself going at Soulja Boy, or when KRS went at Nelly and got humbled. Scarface called out 50 Cent for being a snitch on a dis track no one heard, DMX ol' ass mad cuz Drake won't respond, Lil Kim still can't get over Nicki's success....see the pattern here?
Old heads, either compete and make some shit people WANT to hear, or just accept that your time is up. Just stop complaining and go be old somewhere, shit. Props to Juicy J for figuring it out, that nigga gettin' white girl money instead of broke and complaining.

Last edited:
Ig's detractors aren't asking that she rap about where she is from, but here's the deal: She puts on a fake accent as if she were from ATL or pretty much anywhere designated as "cool" in the South, has a Black woman's derriere, etc. and while personally at the end of the day she gets the money her shareholders allot to her and what not but let's be real, a select few of these old heads still got some dope shit to say granted they've learned to evolve their style but even I know the average listener doesn't give a damn about any pioneers, living or dead. I do but it doesn't reach an "idol worship" level.

Meh, let the girl live. I'm nowhere near a fan of her, I hate her voice and cringe whenever they play her on the radio at work, BUT these old heads are embarrassing themselves dissing ol' girl, though. Its to the point where the shit sounds petty as hell (Attacking the girl for not rapping about Australia? No one wants to hear raps about kangaroos, boomerangs and shit). This reminds me when Ice T embarrassed himself going at Soulja Boy, or when KRS went at Nelly and got humbled. Scarface called out 50 Cent for being a snitch on a dis track no one heard, DMX ol' ass mad cuz Drake won't respond, Lil Kim still can't get over Nicki's success....see the pattern here?
Old heads, either compete and make some shit people WANT to hear, or just accept that your time is up. Just stop complaining and go be old somewhere, shit. Props to Juicy J for figuring it out, that nigga gettin' white girl money instead of broke and complaining.

u forgot to mention lord jamar..lol

Nicki came out the gate looking like a black Britney Spears, she went straight
for that little white girl money... Iggy is coming out the gate looking like a white
Eve she's going straight for that black, hip-hop culture acceptance.

If Nicki would've come out the bat without her pink wig (like she did when she
was making those videos on the come up dvd) noone would've gave a ****...
(and they didn't)... if Iggy came out rapping with her Australian accent, people
would clown her ass.

It's a double standard.

Iggy is as much hip-hop as Nicki, Kim, Trina and the rest of them... it just so happens
that she's being targeted cause she's white and the old heads don't like the fact that
the powers that be are positioning her as "the face of female hip-hop".

Let's call it what it is.

Last edited:
she's going straight for that black, hip-hop culture acceptance.
How? With a pop radio single? Her first single was with Charli XCX...niggas checkin' for Charli XCX? Niggas really be on hipster runoff and Pitchfork.com like that?

Last edited:
How? With a pop radio single? Her first single was with Charlie XCX...niggas checkin' for Charlie XCX? Niggas really be on hipster runoff and Pitchfork.com like that?

Don't be fooled by the fact that it's a pop single... that video
and that song is an exact replica of what Eve and Gwen
were doing with "Let Me Blow Ya Mind".

You think these girls (both, black and white) aren't losing their
minds when they hear that "Fancy" song on the radio?

Of course the older heads don't want to hear that but in 2014
and beyond, Iggy is the one... just keep on watching lol.

Don't be fooled by the fact that it's a pop single... that video
and that song is an exact replica of what Eve and Gwen
were doing with "Let Me Blow Ya Mind".

You think these girls (both, black and white) aren't losing their
minds when they hear that "Fancy" song on the radio?

Of course the older heads don't want to hear that but in 2014
and beyond, Iggy is the one... just keep on watching lol.

Gwen even followed it up and proved the formula was guaranteed by putting out Holla Back Girl.
Same game new name, works every time all the time

Back