Meek Mill Placement.............

labdummy

@LabDummy
Prime example as to why producers shouldn't be afraid to put their work out there & make connections..

Remember this instrumental I posted a couple months ago from "Ayo the producer"? (ld academy)

Meek's track was just released today, btw

Last edited:
So did meek find it thru FP?

Not sure but the point is, networking is key.. Maybe someone heard it through our soundcloud or fp, than gave it to an AR they know, than the AR pitch it to Meek.. On the other end, maybe Ayo just met up with Meek & gave it straight to him.. I'll ask Ayo though -- He's a really cool guy

Just something to think about

How do you make connections with all of the producers you work with bro?

Whats the criteria required for a producer, for you to get in the lab and video blog him? How dope does he have to be?

How do you make connections with all of the producers you work with bro?

Whats the criteria required for a producer, for you to get in the lab and video blog him? How dope does he have to be?
Man, you just have to to be persistent.. To be honest with you, LD started off with not much in mind. I still don't even 'get it' or understand what it is lol.. But anyways, there are so many arrogant people in the music business, so you may get turned down a lot.

It's complicated to answer your question but I give some of my experiences with them..

Me & Ayo's relationship started from when he was checking out some of the videos & he just started sending his vlogs.

Met Rockie Fresh's producer when I tweeted him & we just started talking about a video.. Someone went down to Chicago, came back with a video, & the video was uploaded.....

Johnny Juliano, basically the same thing -- twitter

There's a lot of other producer's I've met.. Whether it was through twitter or in person...

ARs/PRs/Labels may send me vids from time to time also

So you just have to put yourself out there.. They say the hardest thing for most people to do is to just "start".. So for 2013, just stay focus & work hard.. All your ideas may not be a success but I guarantee you, that when you do find that 'idea', it'll be as if you struck a gold mine

Criteria

mmm, none really.. I guess the video just has to look nice & sound good

Last edited:
isn't Ayo a big producer? i'm pretty sure I've heard some huge tracks with his sig in them just can't think of them now. Know he did John for Wayne/Ross.

Ayo already did a track on one of Meek's mixtapes.

That beat is crazy though.

Last edited:
Ayo used to do plenty of work with Yung Berg and I guess he has developed some kind of advanced network already...
He is seriously dope on the keys.. must be those gospel melodies.

So, him getting placements is not really surprising.

Man.. those chords... he is crazy..

Networking is key! Its crazy how far you can go from simple word of mouth. Remember closed mouths dont get fed.

Ayo already did a track on one of Meek's mixtapes.

That beat is crazy though.

Ayo used to do plenty of work with Yung Berg and I guess he has developed some kind of advanced network already...
He is seriously dope on the keys.. must be those gospel melodies.

So, him getting placements is not really surprising.

Man.. those chords... he is crazy..

Networking is key! Its crazy how far you can go from simple word of mouth. Remember closed mouths dont get fed.

Yeah man... Ayo definitely didn't need any help, his talent speaks for itself

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

Here's a 2 videos of him in the studio, guys

this is ayo the producer we're talking about? he's already a big name.. I mean he produced john for lil wayne.. a meek mill placement isn't surprising

Cool to see he posted it but being on soundcloud isnt exactly networking, dude has a name so its very likely he just submitted the track to Meeks people as well.

man this beat is mega dope ! i love that meek mills is giving young producers a chance to shine for quite some time now

Back