Lil Wayne wants to leave Cash Money

go to hip-hop dx, check that article where theyre talking about Wayne where they talk about C5...people are expecting a masterpiece, they dont want trash. Lil Wayne has to wrap up his legacy in this album, thats what people are saying, its true, and i bet he wants to release some trash...Baby probably just making sure the album is good enough, ... this could be good.

I'm all for work but if you making more than 20 beats a day, they must be generic ca-ca(lol). I can see maybe 6-8 tops but 20 plus, they must be some cookie cutter type shyt.

ironically the people who are making "20 beats a day" ........

1. Have a formula that is working for them
2. Know their equipment well enough to complete the goal.......
3. Have been told many times over that "said style" is dope and well needed
4. Do not create music as a hobby
5. Make no excuses when it comes to their career
6. Usually know exactly what they want to create and stick with it.........they are not trying to impress everybody with the bullshit half assed takes on genres they have no experience in. (Most producers fuuck up thinking it means something "for them" to know it all......they jumpin the gun too early and shooting their self in the head.

People who don't......

1.over think their idea.....
2. Usually don't have ideas in the first place........pretty much pressing keys....clicking a mouse....deleting shit because they think they know what's hot.....when they don't
3. Wish to sell beats and let their competition cause them to spend too much time making beats that "compete" with them. Lose, lose.......either way they've been doing it longer and more effortlessly as it is a struggle for most.
4. Usually music is secondary in their life........or just a hobby even though they may feel it's not.
5. Spend too much dead gum time sound selecting. Indecisive....

I can go on....got to go....

But if you can whistle 20 or more tunes a day...............(most can)...you can create 20 or more tunes a day.....if you know your equipment. Especially with equipment today making it easily possible.....

ironically the people who are making "20 beats a day" ........

1. Have a formula that is working for them
2. Know their equipment well enough to complete the goal.......
3. Have been told many times over that "said style" is dope and well needed
4. Do not create music as a hobby
5. Make no excuses when it comes to their career
6. Usually know exactly what they want to create and stick with it.........they are not trying to impress everybody with the bullshit half assed takes on genres they have no experience in. (Most producers fuuck up thinking it means something "for them" to know it all......they jumpin the gun too early and shooting their self in the head.

People who don't......

1.over think their idea.....
2. Usually don't have ideas in the first place........pretty much pressing keys....clicking a mouse....deleting shit because they think they know what's hot.....when they don't
3. Wish to sell beats and let their competition cause them to spend too much time making beats that "compete" with them. Lose, lose.......either way they've been doing it longer and more effortlessly as it is a struggle for most.
4. Usually music is secondary in their life........or just a hobby even though they may feel it's not.
5. Spend too much dead gum time sound selecting. Indecisive....

I can go on....got to go....

But if you can whistle 20 or more tunes a day...............(most can)...you can create 20 or more tunes a day.....if you know your equipment. Especially with equipment today making it easily possible.....

I'm all for 14-16 hour workdays but I just dont see how a person can bang out 20 quality beats a day. Can you do that many? Can anyone on FP make 20 beats a day? I'm just curious to see what others say. That's over 100 beats in 5 days(lol). Can you imagine the discography of a producer at that pace. We're talking over 5000 beats a year(lol) 365 X 20=7300 actually. I don't make beats anymore but in my hey day I could do 4-5 good ones a day. After that I'd be forcing it and would lose my creative juices for the day. I saw 9th Wonder brag about how he was in a zone one night and did eight one of them and he's a prolific producer who produces entire albums.

Last edited:
I'm all for 14-16 hour workdays but I just dont see how a person can bang out 20 quality beats a day. Can you do that many? Can anyone on FP make 20 beats a day? I'm just curious to see what others say. That's over 100 beats in 5 days(lol). Can you imagine the discography of a producer at that pace. We're talking over 5000 beats a year(lol) 365 X 20=7300 actually. I don't make beats anymore but in my hey day I could do 4-5 good ones a day. After that I'd be forcing it and would lose my creative juices for the day. I saw 9th Wonder brag about how he was in a zone one night and did eight one of them and he's a prolific producer who produces entire albums.

People put too much emphasis on quality.

Just get the beats out of your head and into your computer or recorder. You can always go back and tweak stuff once your creative juices run low. I knocked out 50 over a weekend a few times. They weren't even whole beats at first. I just went in and put together whatever came out of my head.

I didn't put too much thought into it. I just got to work. Eventually I went back and mixed and tweaked stuff. But if I had not made those songs initially, I would have had nothing to improve upon.

People are just lazy today. They have a hard drive full of cracked software and still ask "how do I make a melody" or "how do I make my drums sound like Kanye" or "do I need to learn theory to make a beat" or "what does chord progression mean". Just start working and stop asking questions!

People put too much emphasis on quality.

Just get the beats out of your head and into your computer or recorder. You can always go back and tweak stuff once your creative juices run low. I knocked out 50 over a weekend a few times. They weren't even whole beats at first. I just went in and put together whatever came out of my head.

I didn't put too much thought into it. I just got to work. Eventually I went back and mixed and tweaked stuff. But if I had not made those songs initially, I would have had nothing to improve upon.

People are just lazy today. They have a hard drive full of cracked software and still ask "how do I make a melody" or "how do I make my drums sound like Kanye" or "do I need to learn theory to make a beat" or "what does chord progression mean". Just start working and stop asking questions!

50 in a weekend? You the man son. And Kanye was bragging about his 3 beats a day and his uncomaparable work ethic.(lol)

Last edited:
50 in a weekend? You the man son. And Kanye was bragging about his 3 beats a day and his uncomaparable work ethic.(lol)

That was like 2 years ago. I don't know what was going on with me, but I must have been bored out of my mind or something. I can usually get a few a day, but I don't make beats everyday.

If I was challenged to make 50 fresh beats in a day.......I would have all 50 done and it wouldn't interrupt my regular day. I could do it with a 30 and two 15 minute breaks. lol! It's nothing.

NOW..............if I'm layering drum sounds...........adding effects to pianos to a certain taste........designing a lead to what's in my head...........pretending to be a mixing engineer and shit like that..........different story.

Other than that......somebody tell me they need 50 trap beats.........will pay me 10k each.............I would have 50........and shid... dead gummit.......you need 10 mo? It's nothing! I'll get you 10 beats per hour for the dough....DEAD GUMMIT...I'm a Lambo with amo like Rambo....beats by the gram....YO....WHAT!!! Thank you, technology!

P.S......knowing your equipment is the KEY!! C/Ps and duplicates zippin across the scream like the road runner....neep neep....

Last edited:
I've done it to meet deadlines and got placements from stuff I made in that timespan. Not hard at all, and you just keep switching up(dramatic tempo changes, different instruments from the last beat's, genre/subgenre variations, sample then make something from scratch). Anyone who's ever recorded with me a few sessions has gotten one of my 10 minute beats before(where I make the beat while they find a rhyme that matches, and then I arrange as we record). Literally have enough done in 10 minutes that everything past that point can be done with pro tools effects.

I'm not saying you should be making 20 beats a day for weeks at a time, but if someone needed 20 beats in 24hrs and had the money for my time, I'd have 40 for them to dig through by deadline.

But...I make a beat within an hour anytime someone shows up to record without a beat. That easily evens out to twice a day by the end of the week.

Last edited:
I know I can always come here for a good laugh while shaking my head. If you cats are making 50 beats a day and bamas are gobbling them up, then I really wanna know how talented these artists are.

That's like me saying I go to the club in dirty sweatpants and a torn wifebeater and honeys are can't wait to go home with me. Yeah, I'm sure you did, son...and I bet your honeys look like Whoopi Goldberg.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!! YOU BETTER KEEP YO GOT DAMN MOUTH SHUT!!!!!!!!!!"

Last edited by a moderator:
I know I can always come here for a good laugh while shaking my head. If you cats are making 50 beats a day and bamas are gobbling them up, then I really wanna know how talented these artists are.

That's like me saying I go to the club in dirty sweatpants and a torn wifebeater and honeys are can't wait to go home with me. Yeah, I'm sure you did, son...and I bet your honeys look like Whoopi Goldberg.

Guy drops by to see if I'm at home, says "I'm gonna be right back to record, I gotta drop by the crib real quick but I got this idea in my head". He spits the chorus, leaves. 20 minutes later when he get's back we record this. Recording, mixing, arranging, and a clean ver. were all done within an hour. It's obvious, the beat is pretty basic, but the job is done.

I'm not saying it's the best, but dudes out here are going crazy over it, and it's better than shyt I've heard that took days of recording.

If you don't have similar stories, you're not cut out for this business. I've been told "I'm gonna be in the studio with *insert artist's name* in a couple hours, send stuff" hundreds of times, and had nothing ready that fit them, so what do I do? Just say "f**k it, opportunity missed"? Lol. This isn't just MY story, it's the nature of this business.

Attachments

• Jay $tat$ - VA ^ Next(Clean).mp3
    5.9 MB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Actually, that is not the same thing. That was a horrible analogy.

Anyway, do what's best for you. If you are making great music, the timeline or number of beats made shouldn't matter. There is a marketplace for the "quality" camp and the "quantity" camp. Neither one really cancels out the other.

Quantity > Quality, college boy

You're saying the Quantity is greater?

Either way, all I'm trying to add is this shyt isn't rocket science.

Last night, me and a buncha my friends got stupid drunk, high, and decided to record. I took an apple loop, threw a kick, snare, and hat over it(literally the time it took all them to go outside to smoke cigarettes), then cut it up in Pro Tools while they freestyled with punch ins when they messed up. Mix is horrible(Just got up from last night and polished a bit, total of about 2 to 3 hours spent counting recording and mixing at this point).

A song was finished that sounds better than alot of shyt people spend days, hell, weeks working on. There is no timeframe to quality. If it takes you 2 hours to paint a picture or 8 weeks, all that matters is how good the picture looks.

So...a better analogy would be a guy who takes all day getting ready for the club vs. a guy who's ready 10 minutes after he decides to go. Who's to say which one of those guys got "mad honeys"?

Attachments

• TBG feat. Mutants - Start It.mp3
    8.1 MB · Views: 12
You're saying the Quantity is greater?

Either way, all I'm trying to add is this shyt isn't rocket science.

Last night, me and a buncha my friends got stupid drunk, high, and decided to record. I took an apple loop, threw a kick, snare, and hat over it(literally the time it took all them to go outside to smoke cigarettes), then cut it up in Pro Tools while they freestyled with punch ins when they messed up. Mix is horrible(Just got up from last night and polished a bit, total of about 2 to 3 hours spent counting recording and mixing at this point).

A song was finished that sounds better than alot of shyt people spend days, hell, weeks working on. There is no timeframe to quality. If it takes you 2 hours to paint a picture or 8 weeks, all that matters is how good the picture looks.

So...a better analogy would be a guy who takes all day getting ready for the club vs. a guy who's ready 10 minutes after he decides to go. Who's to say which one of those guys got "mad honeys"?

I'm so confused what's going on anymore.

First off, Deranged - my post was meant for Yokuzin and Desire, the 2 usual suspects trolling and flaming in every post. I was explaining my analogy which, from the standpoint of those two, is them saying that Quantity is better than Quality which I do not agree with.

Me leaving the house rockin stained clothes and a busted shape up (making a 10 minute beat) and pulling a bunch of Whoopis from the local college bar (half-assed rappers spittin about money and chains on said beat) has these dudes gassed up like they're really doing something. If your style is to go hoggin, then do you.

Now, for your stories about what you've done I do the same thing and enjoy that over a paid session all day. But, we're not talking about the same thing - you're talking about the ability to do that while other cats are talking about you need to be making 50 beats a day and "dead gum" smh. Someone even said that college is pointless and they don't remember anything they learned in college. Then, you're a cotdaym fool who didn't study in a field that would help your future.

Play on...

^^^The point i'm making with the songs I posted is, even if they suck, i didn't take a month out of my life making them. I've got stuff that took weeks of recording that I'm embarrassed to post because of how bad it came out in the end, lol. It's a dice roll. But rather than convincing myself I'm creating some type of quality control by investing time and some sort of imaginary work ethic(again, it's just music, I'm having fun the whole time), I'm going to make a record and either archive it to never hear again, or like it and decide to push it further.

Every producer up here should be MAKING SONGS in 2015. Nothing left to strategize about. For all you know a song you made in 5 minutes can get you where you want to be before that song you spent months on. I'm not saying either way is better, I'm saying screw all these ideas that music is done a specific way and just MAKE LOTS OF MUSIC. And above all, have fun doing it and make stuff YOU like. People who think like you will enjoy it the same, don't worry about anyone else and this idea it has to have some recognizable talent behind every little thing you do. I could've played that loop and done way more with drums and breakdowns and all types of other stuff...but it's just a song. I'll do 2 more by the end of the day. May not be as good as this with way more work, may be better with way less(no idea how I can do less than an apple loop and 3 drum samples).

I meant no disrespect, I wasn't part of any debating beyond the idea of quickly made songs having the ability to be good. In no way am I saying you should ONLY make stuff like this, just saying it can be done. 20 beats with a 24 hr deadline? I'm gonna grab coffee before I decline.

I agree with you, it's always quality over quantity. But quality isn't determined by the amount of time you contribute in any way. Example, I can be a producer with 200 beats I spent 10 days making each of over the last half decade, and someone else can have 1 beat they made in 10 minutes better than everything in my catalog. The ONLYy thing that matters in the end is quality.

Last edited:
Back