Kendrick Lamar Sued Over Rigamortis

If you get a chance, listen to that song, "The Thorn", hell, The Next Phase album is dope. They pretty much jacked the entire "A" section of that tune. Smart of them to wait, though. They'll prolly settle for publishing and a few hundred thousand.

Last edited:
Was Section 80 a mixtape or album? I thought it was okay to have uncleared samples on a mixtape (if u released it free).

Oh, then they should have known better. Willie Jones got some nice tracks out there
Sweet album with Roy on Trumpet:

Damn, I always listened to that song and wondered where the sample came from cuz it was so dope. Guess Kendrick didn't know/care where it came from either.

Damn, I always listened to that song and wondered where the sample came from cuz it was so dope. Guess Kendrick didn't know/care where it came from either.

In all honesty it isn't Kendricks job to know or be involved in clearing the samples, that is the job of the producer and if not then the label is supposed to have someone there to make sure everything is cleared before the album is pressed. It is a fools move not to check all that ish out and make sure it passes clean or it adds significantly to the cost of production for the label.

In all honesty it isn't Kendricks job to know or be involved in clearing the samples, that is the job of the producer and if not then the label is supposed to have someone there to make sure everything is cleared before the album is pressed. It is a fools move not to check all that ish out and make sure it passes clean or it adds significantly to the cost of production for the label.

hell no it isnt.
the only requirement is that the producer be upfront and honest about what they sampled.
it is the label's job to clear the sample.
now whether this specific case is because the producer didnt let the label know the track was sampled or the label just decided not to clear the sample is unknown for right now.

Back