Kendrick Lamar Believes the "Last Days" are Near

benji2

Kendrick is on a different mental plane to be so young. He never ceases to amaze me:

Letting his Christian side take over, the rapper admited he thinks the biblical last days are near, referring to his grandma and the things she told him.We're in the last days, man – I truly in my heart believe that. It's written. I could go on with Biblical situations and things my grandma told me. But it's about being at peace with myself and making good with the people around me."

Kendrick Lamar Believes the "Last Days" are Near | 24urban.com

As a person who is more spiritual than religious I agree not 'cause I like some of Kendrick's music but because there is something to be explained for the negativity in the world.

I don't believe in the "last days" prophecy.

If an abundance of negativity and unrest is a sign of the last days, the world should have ended several millenia ago. People are more knowledgable and civil now. They are not this way everywhere, as many parts of the world are still stuck in antiquity as far as intellect and compassion. But the world is progressing and moving forward.

Bad things are always going to happen as long as people are around. The last days are really a story about life. My last days are already upon me because I was born and therefore will die. It is about me making the most of these days and not going crazy about the end of the world. It's not like I can stop the world from ending.

So I just go along and do the best I can. Staying busy and working doesn't give me time to think too deep or fall into the traps of panic and fear.

Last edited:
I don't believe in the "last days" prophecy.

If an abundance of negativity and unrest is a sign of the last days, the world should have ended several millenia ago. People are more knowledgable and civil now. They are not this way everywhere, as many parts of the world are still stuck in antiquity as far as intellect and compassion. But the world is progressing and moving forward.

Bad things are always going to happen as long as people are around. The last days are really a story about life. My last days are already upon me because I was born and therefore will die. It is about me making the most of these days and not going crazy about the end of the world. It's not like I can stop the world from ending.

So I just go along and do the best I can. Staying busy and working doesn't give me time to think too deep or fall into the traps of panic and fear.

Preach'em

People actually make money from the 'last days' talks.

Go to big cities and you will find people talking about last days, give you a book for a donation or tell you to come to their meetings where you give donations which is cool, but its also a business.

But even for people that are not about making money from it, they are saying the same things people said 50 years ago.

I personally don't belive the last days talk myself. I remember when people were saying the world was gonna end in 2012. I just think with Social media and the internet, we are bombarded with news from all over. We will hear about a police shooting in Iowa or a terrorist atttack in Pakistan immediately. Whereas before news was more concerned with what happened locally in your immediate community. I do have concerns one day about North Korea nukeing us though. Personally I could care less but I do want my son to be able to live his full life.

Last edited:
I believe we are in the last days before the tribulation. Christians will be caught up before the world gets really crazy. My theory is that Islam will take over the entire world, led by the antichrist. Jesus will return with his saints and rule for 1000 years. Judgement day will take place, and after that eternity will begin.

I think its because we as the human race have done everything that can be done.

We have invented every form of music, movie and storytelling, every peom has been written every song has been sung. Looking at more materialistic things, we have created transportation vehicels for the the air, earth and water. Cellphones and internet made us feel closer than ever, and now they are building robots that will take over out daily chores and turn us into inactive beings.

I don't know if the world is ending soon, but its like we have done everything that we are capable of, and its like the future is unclear.

Last edited:
Idk. I don't believe in seeing the world as ending based on how humans are acting right now, for exactly the reason Desire said.

But at the same time, really how long do we have? Soil is eroding at a ridiculously rapid rate, giant corporations are getting servers shut down by 12 year olds with computers, and eventually someone is going to get bored and nuke something.

I feel like it could be the end in 10,000 years or tomorrow, but I don't have optimism we are going to last past a few hundred years.

But we are not living in a negative time at all, relatively speaking. We're just living in a time where we know everything.

"The only thing that can ruin a good day is People" - Henry David Thoreau

People were negative and killing each other during the Crusades.
People were negative and killing each other during Medieval times.
People were negative and killing each other during feudal Japan.
People were negative and killing each other during the Ottoman empire.
People were negative and killing each other during the discovery of the Americas and Native Americans.

What's changed in 2015?

Back