kanye killed that

Roxis

who saw VMAs? i think people are really starting to get past that taylor swift stuff and seeing the genius this guy is. dude was the only one with people chanting his name and everything, that's how you put on a show

I thought this year's VMA's was the weakest ever, and Chelsea Handler was a horrible host!

Kanye's song was pretty good IMO, can't get parts of it outta my head. Other parts were just OK.

yea this year was lame im going to stop watching award shows....
never worth the hype....

wasnt the song supposed to be for taylor swift ? wasnt too sure about that...

kanyes performance was flashier but taylor swift's lyrics were deeper and much more addressing the issue of last years vma's

It was cool to see Kanye actually playing his mpc live on stage, but lost interst in his song about a minute in. The whole show was pretty lame, imo. I'm a big chelsea handler fan, and thought the show would be geared more towards adults knowing her sense of humor and comedy, but I don't think I knew one song/video that they awarded or performed aside from the lady gaga songs, and seemed more like it was geared toward 15 yr olds. I'm still wondering how MTV has a video music awards show when they don't even play videos anymore, lol. I don't know if its them awarding bad music that rubs me the wrong way, or that you just have to be a teenager to enjoy it, but there was nothing enjoyable about that, and definitely won't be watching anymore VMA's, at least until the music gets better.

I'm not one to throw the card but the subliminal racial undertones in both performances blew me out of the water:

Taylor Swift= 1940s themed singing a song how Kanye(a man older than her) is so innocent and she forgives him. Really now?

Kanye West= A toast to the douchebags...wearing all red a universal color for passion. With white ballerinas dancing all around him almost like saying "Yeah America I did it, and now I know that the careful dance that you require every one of us to do every day still exists"

Any other artists I would just chalk it up to coiincidence, but both artists are known for being very involved and aware of every artistic choice they make. It was mind-blowing really.

the show sucked this year. But Kanye did kill it at the end. Drake MaryJ and Swizz was cool too.

Last edited:
I'm not one to throw the card but the subliminal racial undertones in both performances blew me out of the water:

Taylor Swift= 1940s themed singing a song how Kanye(a man older than her) is so innocent and she forgives him. Really now?

Kanye West= A toast to the douchebags...wearing all red a universal color for passion. With white ballerinas dancing all around him almost like saying "Yeah America I did it, and now I know that the careful dance that you require every one of us to do every day still exists"

Any other artists I would just chalk it up to coiincidence, but both artists are known for being very involved and aware of every artistic choice they make. It was mind-blowing really.

jesus christ man, you'd be better at using the analytical skills you possess for book or movie reviews then the shallow performances.

i really really dont understand how you got racial undertones ?

The only good thing about this show was deadmau5' appearance and kanye's runaway beat.

Kanye west using the line "a toast to the douchebags" was probably the silliest thing ever said in a hip hop song.

Pretty much all the nominated videos were jokes. You're telling me the best shit you can find for a nomination are vids like video phone and bad romance? Are you kidding haha.

One gives me really bad headache and the other one is gaga dancing with obscure clothing.

I mean i love their music but those music videos sucked ass.

bad romance winning like what, 8 awards?
I would understand it if it was for the actual song but for the music video? Com'on son.

jesus christ man, you'd be better at using the analytical skills you possess for book or movie reviews then the shallow performances.

i really really dont understand how you got racial undertones ?

Performances are anything but shallow...so much can be said just by slightly changing the position of a person on stage. Everything on stage is a choice whether intended or not.

Quick example...if you're on stage and you try to put the peace sign up but accidentally flick the middle finger....does it matter to the audience what you MEANT to do? No, it changes the tone of the entire performance.

Do you think 'Ye would have received the backlash he did if it was against the Jonas Brothers or even Nick Cannon?

Last edited:
Back