Is it just me? Or do all dj mustard beats sound the same?

***SIGH***

I have been away from the forums for a while. . .I come back and people are still making threads about same sounding beats.

Whenever people finally grasp the concept of supply and demand, this forum will be a better place. lol.

they do, his song structure is the same, everything is the same. At the end of the day, its all bout networking and who you know. You can be the shittiest producer but if you know DJ Khaled, you will get your name out there n all dat, like DJ Mustard lol.

I Agree With you 100% it all about the networking

this is an excuse and a copout, made by people refusing to accept responsibility for their own musical failures and downplaying the talent of others. Tons of producers have connections and can't make 1 hit, much less a string of them.

Dude's beats haven't inspired one hot bar from me..but whatever...as a musician I congratulate him, as a consumer I am sick of his music.

the thing is, those beats are made to be played in the club, so he's not trying to be the next mozart or wtv lol

I think he just found a formula that works. Until people get tired of hearing it he should keep it up. Him making those striped down minimalistic beats is just him keeping it simple. Music is supposed to be simple so people can understand/follow it. And with everybody on lean and poppin pills it has to be VERY simple.

***SIGH***

I have been away from the forums for a while. . .I come back and people are still making threads about same sounding beats.

Whenever people finally grasp the concept of supply and demand, this forum will be a better place. lol.

Agreed.

the thing is, those beats are made to be played in the club, so he's not trying to be the next mozart or wtv lol

Agreed

Last edited by a moderator:

Man, he's the best beatmaker in the game right now. Hands down. Nobody else is taking simple sounds and turning them into sparse but rich soundscapes like this.

"sparse but rich soundscapes" SMH

I feel like I just walked into a daycare and hear a bunch of 5 year olds talkin about how the Wiggles and Hannah Montana are the best musicians in the whole wide world forever and ever...

"sparse but rich soundscapes" SMH

I feel like I just walked into a daycare and hear a bunch of 5 year olds talkin about how the Wiggles and Hannah Montana are the best musicians in the whole wide world forever and ever...
LOL THIS THREAD I CREATED I JUST CANT NOMORE....LOL:4theloveofgod:

I noticed that a while back. That is why I am a fan of his music. If a producer has a catchy sound, that sound should be used over and over and over and over and over again.

It is better to be remembered for 40 similar sounding songs than to be forgotten after one unique hit song. I am going back into my beats and remaking new songs from the ghosts of older songs. It is easy to rework older stuff and come up with something "new".

This beat:

​Sounds like:

]
so dj mustard inspired you to go back to your old beats to rework them into something new? lol he had a HIT SOUND... it'd be pointless to rework your old shit if your old shit is NOT a hit, feel me.... keep getting better and don't revert to the past in that fashion... take little tips from your old beats... but don't fully rework them

Last edited:
Didnt know about this dude but my brother have his album so i listen all the tape , Shyt really sound all the same its ridiculous man this dude is wack af.

]
so dj mustard inspired you to go back to your old beats to rework them into something new? lol he had a HIT SOUND... it'd be pointless to rework your old shit if your old shit is NOT a hit, feel me.... keep getting better and don't revert to the past in that fashion... take little tips from your old beats... but don't fully rework them

Bro, you foolin'. Them old songs can be turned from coal to diamonds once I add some new stuff to it. Getting better doesn't always mean doing something new.

A hit song is relative to how much it is being played and how much you get paid.

Didnt know about this dude but my brother have his album so i listen all the tape , Shyt really sound all the same its ridiculous man this dude is wack af.
I wouldn't say it wack bout it can get a little annoying because the sounds are so damn similar buy hey it seems like all the singers and rappers likes his stuff so aye he making a living so know but I do agree with your on his beat sounding alike ;)

Back